Moffissey

Reaction score
Following the departure of Sir Alex Ferguson only last week, Manchester United have appointed their former youth player, 33 year old Christopher Moffatt. Moffatt, known for his confrontational nature is set to take over with immediate effect. During his press conference he was, as usual, brutally honest and is sure to certainly gain favour with the press for his old fashioned views.

Moffatt started by claiming that what was happening on the other side of Manchester was "simply of no importance to the Premiership title race", declaring, "I think they're going about it all wrong, throwing millions at players who they believe to be world-class, the sort of players they're looking at may be fine for a Dream Team, but Barcelona, Madrid, Milan or ourselves have never gone about things with such haste and with so little thought". Later, Moffatt assured the United fans that the real story would be what is happening at Old Trafford. "Obviously Ferguson had his ideas and players, and they worked brilliantly, however i don't intend to be merely an extension of his reign. This is the Moffatt era and i want to bring in players that i believe can perform week in, week out. At the minute, the club is still licking it's wounds after the whole Ronaldo saga but i believe that his departure is only a good thing. This club doesn't tolerate playboys, we tolerate talented players who give their all for the shirt...when i look around at the minute, i see a lot of lads desperate only for personal glory and their wagepackets."

When asked who the supposed playboys were, again Moffatt answered with dangerous honesty, hinting towards those "of Ronaldo's type". It is widely suspected he was referring to Anderson and Nani. As well as this, the manager also talked briefly about how he planned to strip the club bare this summer and how he wanted to bring in young players with the right sort of attitude. He also said that he is worried by certain facets of the defence and there would be both arrivals and departures to and from the United back four.

Concluding, the new manager said, "I love this club from the bottom of my heart and i want this club to win things, but i want them to win them in the right way, with the right attitude. I am more than confident that this can be achieved this season, and certainly in the following seasons. So, yes I can say to the fans that I am supremely confident that come the season's end we'll be celebrating a 4th consecutive league win. It is the priority."

It it thought that Moffatt's appointment and personality will not go down well with all the Manchester United supporters but many seem to be willing to give him a chance to prove himself.

I'll be updating this regularly and i hope that you are willing to follow it. Next update should be within the hour. Thanks,

Chris

Last edited:
After only a few days of Moffatt's reign he decided to let Macheda go on loan to Roy Keane's Ipswich. Around this time, another ex united player came knocking on the door, Steve Bruce's Sunderland made a sensational £27m offer to take the unfancied Nani and Anderson off Moffatt's hands. This bid was accepted, however deals for both players fell through after Sunderland announced that they had changed their mind and had set their sights elsewhere. Moffatt then suffered further embarrassment when his proposed £4.7m transfer for Villareal's Senna fell through after Senna decided against the move and instead signed a new contract with his current club.

As July came and went, United had still not managed to offload any players that were described by the boss as "unneeeded". Neither had they brought in any players, which was worrying. Despite this the manager remained calm and claimed that there would be plenty of action in the next few weeks. The only players who had left the club were Fabio ( 6 month loan) to Bristol City, David Gray(6 months loan) to Wycombe and Richie DeLaet (6 month loan) to Tranmere.

5th August 2009
Manchester United fans have suffered a huge shock today. Firstly, this morning new filtered through that Manchester United had sold Anderson and Nani to Aston Villa for £19m, nowhere near the £27m earlier offered by Sunderland. As Aston Villa rejoiced, Manchester United fans were scratching their heads. Around this time, there were also reports that Rio Ferdinand was in talks with Arsenal, however many dismissed these reports. Come 5pm, while fans across the country were sitting down to dinner, Sky Sports revealed some Breaking News: Rio Ferdinand has been sold for an undisclosed fee. (thought to be around £20m). The footballing world was in shock! As the night was winding down, an internet sports site reported that upon hearing the news, Wayne rooney blasted the manager's decision and is "perplexed".

Friendlies:
St Johnstone (a) 4-0 Owen (3), Welbeck
Ross County (a) 5-0 Berbatov (2), Owen, Welbeck, Brandy
Kilmarnock (a) 5-0 Rooney, Owen, Evans, Giggs, Ajose
Falkirk (a) 3-0 Owen, Park, Berbatov
Bury (a) 5-0 Owen, Berbatov, Welbeck (2), Joshua King
Antwerp (a) 0-0

Last edited:
Good luck but you need to start buying some players mate

Sign Shawcross for £6m as Ferdinand's replacement

Community Shield
Chelsea 0 -2 Manchester United
After heavy criticism over the week, Manchester United proved themselves on the pitch by outclassing Chelsea despite no less than 7 injuries to key players. Both goals were OGs by John Terry. The first was from a header from the in-form Berbatov, which was directed beyond Turnbull by Terry's outstretched foot. The second United goal was made from a Ji Sung Park cross which struck the Chelsea defender on the thigh and bobbled beyond Turnbull's replacement, Hilario. United will be pleased at keeping a clean sheet as it proves they're still a defensive force when Ferdinand (sold) or Vidic (injured) aren't available. Evans and Shawcross were highly rated.

Edin Dzeko signed for £15m

Man Utd 2-2 Man City
United start with the team that beat Chelsea, however after only 3 minutes they fell behind when Ben Foster, under no pressure gifted the ball for Tevez who slotted into an open net. Things got worse for United when after 30 mins Robinho took advantage of sloppy defending. At half-time Berbatov was substituted for the new-man Dzeko. This proved inspired when the target man layed the ball off for Valencia who smashed United back into the game. After 53 mins the comeback was completed when Shawcross flicked the ball into the top corner. Despite united dominating the rest of the second half and hitting the woodwork several times, they had to settle for a draw.

Manchester United are also in talks with Luka Modric after Tottenham accepted a £30m offer

good luck mate, i can understand why you sold nani, though im not sure why you did not keep anderson as he turns out class oO)