The Regista Role - The Heart of the Midfield

Scaldo

Reaction score
I love playing with a Regista due mainly to his position being the one that can control possession and simply control the game, for those of you who don't play with one, he simply drops deep to collect the ball - usually between the Centre Backs and starts the attack from deep with his short and simple passes, he always makes himself open to recieve a pass. There is more to the Regista than just the offensive part of his game, without the ball he will protect the back 4 and look to win the ball back.

My point of this thread is to ask people, who perhaps have used a Regista in their team what makes a good Regista? I have always found it difficult to find a player who can play the role, my success has been with Schweinsteiger and Arturo Vidal, so ask of people what attributes they feel the Regista needs?

I'd like to know what players people have played in the role and had success with.

Many Thanks to anyone who contributes.

To find the attributes could you not just go on a players profile and under their attributes their is a drop down saying highlight key attributes for role?

Anyway Passing, Creativity, Technique, First touch, Decisions, Team Work, Composure and Concentration I would say are the main ones.

To find the attributes could you not just go on a players profile and under their attributes their is a drop down saying highlight key attributes for role?

Anyway Passing, Creativity, Technique, First touch, Decisions, Team Work, Composure and Concentration I would say are the main ones.

I thought that would come up, I never look into it too much for certain roles - I look at it with similarity to playing an Advanced Playmaker in the centre mid role, it doesn't highlight his Work Rate, Concentration and Stamina but I would include them for a player playing in that position. So I feel other attributes should be focused on and not just the ones highlighted.

I agree strongly with a player having high decisions in that role, feel its key to the position.

Thanks.

Yeah I agree its my favourite player role and one I think andrea pirlo was born to play. Creativity, passing ability and composure not to buckle under pressure, while at the same time having the tactical awareness to retain his defensive responsibilities and stay a bit deeper in case the opposition mounts a counter attack. Xavi Alonso is another prime example. Trying to think of a younger version....maybe Romero, Koke, Verratti or Gundogan.

Guido pizarro, Second season he is so cheap, but so talented!!

I've used Carrick as a Regista, he's been amazing! With my season I've played 35 premier league games and only conceded 9 goals, control the tempo of the game so well

Fellaini is good enough to be a regista on my save haha

I always find anticipation and bravery to be the most important stats with registas and half backs

Seriously look at N'Zonzi he has everything hes top class!! but you could also look at Sergi Darder

I won the league with Nabil Bentaleb as my Regista. For me, a top regista has great composure and first touch to receive the ball from defenders with confidence. Because 1 mistake here can easily lead to a goal. Also he must be an accurate passer, I like my regista to be expansive with his passing. So I set him to play 'more direct passes' so he often initiates passes that are on the ground but travel far distances. Defensively is a different question depending on your team. Bentaleb's defensive stats aren't quite developed yet so I had Sandro infront of him 'Ball winning mid-support', protecting him and winning the ball higher up the pitch.

Seriously look at N'Zonzi he has everything hes top class!! but you could also look at Sergi Darder

N'Zonzi in my opinion is hugely underrated in FM, he is a star that needs taken out of Stoke and put among better players or surrounded by them at Stoke. Never thought of him for the Regista position but will give it a go, feel he could always offer something going forward as well.