Geezar10

Reaction score
Darren Ferguson Leaves for Peterborough
Darren Ferguson has left Preston North End after just under 6 months in charge of the Lancashire club. He has returned to The Posh after poor results leading up to the end of the season in which he lost the last two games, 1-0 against Leicester and 4-1 against Reading. It is believed that the Lilywhite's fans wanted him out so he returned to his "Spiritual Home" Peterborough United.

DarrenFerguson.jpg

Here are the favorites to take his place as manager at Deepdale:

Phil Brown 3/1
Chris Hughton 6/1
Sam Allardyce 19/2
Brian Laws 14/1
Steve Coppell 17/1
Other 7/4

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

Preston to Reveal the New Manager Tomorrow
Preston revealed that they have already signed the new manager and that he will be re-introduced to the fans at a press conference tomorrow. This has left the fans speculating massively about who it could be especially as the chairman said re-introduced. The new favorite to have the job is Alan Irvine as he was recently sacked from his post as The Owls boss.
Who could it be?

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

One Hour To Go!
It is just one hour until Preston are going to reveal who their new manager is. With hundreds of fans outside the stadium they will be hoping to relive the golden era of the 20th Century under this new manager but can he live up to expectations?

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

And the Manager Is... Alan Kelly Jr

Alan.jpg

Alan Kelly Jr Making an appearance
for Republic of Ireland
Alan Kelly Jr is the son of PNE legend Alan Kelly Sr. Alan Kelly Sr was PNE goalkeeper from 1958-1973. In that time he played 447 games for PNE and 47 for Republic of Ireland National Team. Alan Kelly Sr was also caretaker manager in 1981 and became full time manager in 1983 for two years. Sadly he died in 2009 aged 72, he also had a stand named after him in 2001. Alan Kelly Jr started his career at PNE in 1985 and stayed there for 7 years playing 142 games in his time. He moved on to Sheffield United where he spent a further 7 years and then transferred to Blackburn for the remainder of his career. In this time he made 24 caps for his international team although he was often overshadowed by upcoming star Shay Given. He worked as Republic of Ireland Goalkeeper Coach and at Preston North End's Centre of Excellence before he signed as manager of Preston North End. Alan Kelly is currently in a press conference which will be uploaded after it has been concluded.

PNEAlanKellyStand.jpg

The Alan Kelly Town End stand at Deepdale dedicated to the new manager's farther.

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

The Press Meet Kelly
Press: How does it feel to be appointed manager at the club where you started your career and where your farther is considered as one of the all time legends?

Kelly: It feels great and I have supported this club my whole life. I would also like to take this moment to say that everything I ever have or ever will achieve is dedicated to my Dad.

Press:
What are you hoping to achieve this season?

Kelly: I have a three year plan. In the first year I hope to consolidate and finish in a strong mid-table position, the season after I want to push into the top half and then in the third year I want to push for promotion.

Press: Are you planning on bringing any new faces to the club in staff or players?

Kelly: I intend on signing some more players as we have a relatively small squad but I don't particularly want to sell players. As for staff I will access their roles and get rid of anyone I see as deadwood but as this is my first job in management I have got no preferences to people I like to work with so I don't have anyone in mind I would really like to bring in.

Press: With this being your first shot at management what sort of tactics will you employ?

Kelly: I intend to play attacking and score goals. I also consider the attack the strongest part of the team with players such as Ellington, Johnson, Brown and Hume and other talented forwards.

Press: You have a lot of players in on loan is this a problem?

Kelly: Personally I would not have signed this many players on loan and I consider some of them useless. The players on loan will have to prove to me that I need them otherwise I will terminate their loans to save some of the wage budget.

Press:
Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions and the best of look with your new job.

Kelly Pleased With "Decent" Preseason
Northampton 1-1 Preston
Wedderburn (36)- Luque (48)

Bradford 0-1 Preston
Hume (24)

Colchester 0-2 Preston
Bechmann (26), St Ledger (44)

Braintree 3-1 Preston
Baily-Dennis (4), Marks (20), Paine (25) - McLellan (31)

Brentford 0-0 Preston

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 01:27 AM ----------

Kelly's New Kids on the Block
Kelly has been very busy in the transfer market bringing in no less than 8 new players for an overall cost of £1.3m. Here is a brief introduction to the new lads.

Tommy Bechmann
Bechmann.jpg

Born : 22/12/81
Cost : £500k

Albert Luque
Luque.jpg

Born : 11/03/78
Cost : £0

Yildiray Basturk
Basturk.jpg

Born : 24/12/78
Cost : £0

Karim Essediri
Essediri.jpg

Born : 29/07/79
Cost : £190k

Mark Howard
Howard.jpg

Born : 29/01/86
Cost : £475k

Gael Nlundulu
Nlundulu.png

Born : 29/04/92
Cost : Free

Samuel Scheimann
Scheimann.jpg

Born : 03/11/87
Cost : £110k

Derek Geary
Geary.jpg

Born : 19/06/80
Cost : Free

Kelly also offloaded 6 players on loan Jamie Proctor, Neil Dougan, George Miller, Sam Hart and Jamie Douglas all went on loan till the end of the season for no charge. Conor McLaughlin also went on loan for £230k to Ipswich who also have a buy in clause for £2.5m

McLaughlin.jpg
Transfers.jpg