The Return of Aitor Herrera - An Athletic Bilbao Story

What would your advice be for doing a Bilbao save? Can I get youngsters to gain Basque nationality or do they have to be Basque from the beginning?

What would your advice be for doing a Bilbao save? Can I get youngsters to gain Basque nationality or do they have to be Basque from the beginning?

You can turn 16y/o Spaniards into basque players even by getting them on trial or loan.

Love to see you do a proper LLM management save mate

Love to see you do a proper LLM management save mate

Toying with that idea. In previous fms (aitor herrera times lol) I can remember doing hartlepool and castel di sangro which I enjoyed.

Last year my favourite save was benfica which ain't lower league.

I must admit I am a bit fussy. It has to be a top division team or a bottom division team - see no reason to start in the middle lol.

Would do a South American save but last one I did after a year 2 of my players were in the top 3 for world player of the year and we beat real Madrid 5-0 in the club world Cup final so that tainted me forever lol

Loved reading your stories for a while now and can see you are looking for a new challenge. Rather than thinking about the 'right club', how about making the challenge be about changing you as a manager.

You almost always use a 4231 formation, how about making the challenge be that you have to develop a completely new style of play. 442, 3 at the back, route one football, Mourinho anti football.

It would be a good change rather than bringing the same formation/tactical ideas to each club that you go to.