The Return of Aitor Herrera - The Boss of Bilbao

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 467
  • Views Views 157K
I'm surprised you didn't list Aitor as a club legend haha!

Why didnt I think of a facebook or twitter page for Aitor? lol - Too late now.

I honestly think the best regens I have ever seen were Bertoli from your save, Cidoncha and Izurza and Aitor in my Bilbao one and Mulugeta in my Newcastle one. I also had an amazing Danish striker but I think that was FM11 (Stonecold can vouch for him!)

I still think you should still do a facebook or twitter page in his memory, im sure a lot of people will follow! LEGEND!

Good luck with your save too im really looking forward to it!

Looking forward to this. I also couldn't agree more with the statement that you should know who Aitor is.

Hello peeps - just got home with my copy of the game (thanks to Stonecold for obtaining the game for me - with staff discount too!) so after I have installed it, loaded up a save, edited some data (competition names etc), downloaded facepacks and logos I will be good to go!!!

Hello peeps - just got home with my copy of the game (thanks to Stonecold for obtaining the game for me - with staff discount too!) so after I have installed it, loaded up a save, edited some data (competition names etc), downloaded facepacks and logos I will be good to go!!!
Update tonight??

Should start posting the story today folks - had problems downloading things - finally got some kits done, all the logos are done and almost got the huge facepack done.

Updated the database - Begiristain to Man City, transfers, some player positions, managerial changes (including Holloway)

Then away I go!!!!!!!!!!!

Look forward to your story always great stories :)

What Face pack have you got by the way? Could I get a link?

Ok, i actually stumbled upon your stories on fm 12 a couple of weeks ago,n well, il never get that time back! and Aitor, oh lord, i dont think ive ever seen or had a regen as dominant as him for that long. I once had a brazilian striker who'd scored 100 goals for juventus by the time he was 20, but he got injured and his career tailed off. Really looking forward to seeing this year's edition, and hope you dont get another Aitor! you know, to keep things interesting ;).

good luck with this mate.

images

PRE-SEASON

And so the story begins!!!! Spent ages exploring the new game hence why it has taken me so long! Anyway as I have put Aitor with an international footballers reputation the game said he won 49 caps and scored 9 goals - not much of a difference lol. I have put in Aitor's birthdate almost exact - same day and month but being a 17y/o manager would be silly so he is 31.

Anyway I will let Aitor take over now!

----------------------------------------------------------

ARRIVAL AT THE CLUB

I arrived at the club seeing many old friends but I had to show them that I was not a friend anymore I am the boss!!!! In the end during the month I upset 2 players but more of that later. I got a decent budget to spend after the club cashed in on Javi Martinez just before I arrived and promptly blew the lot! My aim for this season is to finish in the top 6 and get a decent cup run.

PLAYING SQUAD ON ARRIVAL

Immediately I had a big problem as my best player Fernando Llorente wants to leave on a free transfer and I cant talk him round but there is no way that is going to happen yet I cant afford not to have him so I plan to try and put him up for sale in September when the window is closed so I will have him for half a season at least! On the whole though we have a decent squad with the standouts being Muniain, Susaeta, Herrera (nice last name) and San Jose.

I have changed my captain to Andoni Iraola which upset Carlos Gurpegi so he was promptly transfer listed! At 31 he is too old anyway for my liking. Meanwhile Susaeta, Muniain and Amorebieta all accepted new contracts.

STAFF
There was a mass exodus here as I got rid of 14 members of the old regime. My new assistant is Johan Cruyff who I continually have to remind him the fact that I was one of the few players better than him!!! Hopefully his experience will help me as I begin my managerial career.

I brought in fellow club icons Etxeberria and Urzaiz to help with the coaching and Julen Guerrero to manage the u19 side. Also joining is Rodolfo Borrell (coach), Pablo Longoria (chief scout), Angel Vales (coach), Javier Vazquez (chief physio) and Elio Carravetta (fitness coach). Finally my new director of football is Antonio Fernandez..........
View attachment 281046

TRANSFERS IN
The first thing I did was break the club transfer record for Real Betis midfielder Benat whom I paid £17m for. I needed a top quality central midfielder and he fits the bill perfectly. He started his career with us so he should fit in well and he is great at set pieces which is always a bonus. He was valued at £8.5m so I dont think I overpaid too much............. Inigo Perez got upset that he might not be first choice anymore and I was nice enough to tell him he wasnt first choice in the first place!

Also coming back to the club is Mikel Balenziaga who has come in from Real Valladolid for £3.4m and he will provide cover in the full back areas. Finally Pol Balleste, a 16y/o keeper from Malaga, has come in on loan.
View attachment 281043View attachment 281044View attachment 281045

TRANSFERS OUT
Not much to tell the truth as I havent (and neither has my new director of football) been able to get rid of Castillo or Gurpegi. I did manage to sell a useless keeper for £130,000 and 2 youngsters went out on loan.

THE LINE UP

I have always been a big believer in a 4-2-3-1 formation and I will see if this will work. There are places up for grabs though as I am unsure who is going to partner Benat in central midfield and who is going to partner San Jose at centre half. Amorebieta is out for a while so Ekiza gets to stake his claim first.

Ander Herrera will be the one to play in "my" position at AMC - no pressure there then!
View attachment 281047View attachment 281049

FRIENDLIES
I was too busy learning my way round this crazy world of management so I let Johan take the friendlies and what a job he did as you will see. I admit that the tour of Scotland was arranged so I could visit my mentor Senor Stuart.

Bayern Munich W3-0
Inverness CT W3-0
Aberdeen W2-1
Rangers W8-0
Baskonia W8-2

I will take charge of the competitive games starting off with our European tie against Eskisehirspor.

images

Couldnt resist a humping of Rangers i see. Thats probably going to be my highlight from the story

Ander Herrera has insane potential this year

Ander Herrera was a beast in my FM 12 save with Valencia. He bossed midfield, was best player in Europe in 2013 and 2015. I hope he will do well in your save too...

Back