DeanHehe

Reaction score
Scotland, known for producing brilliant managerial talents such as Sir Alex Ferguson, Bill Shankly and most of all... David Moyes. With a team of young talent and passion, Callum Mankl is tasked with taking Rangers FC from the Scottish Championship into Europe.

The Beginning (2014/2015)

Callum takes over at Rangers and is confronted with his new squad worried that for the first time in 2 years that they will not get promoted due to Hearts, Falkirk, Queen of South, Hibs and Raith all set to challenge for promotion.

(H) Let's Do This!

The Beginning (2014/2015)

The First Five Months
OK, where do I begin? After starting the season poorly losing the Scottish Challenge Cup draw to Dundee, I decided to change tactics. The traditional 4-4-2 wasn't working as Dundee destroyed us 2-0 and having 2 shots out of 6 on target I decided to look for a striker as Boyd and Miller weren't cutting it.
The formation changed to a 4-3-3, as seen below.
View attachment 328636
The first game in the Championship was against Hearts (the favourites for the title)
HT: Rangers 0-2 Hearts. I felt nervous, two losses in a row wouldn't go down well with the board, so I decided the bring on Miller for Boyd.
FT: Rangers 4-3 Hearts. A Miller double within 16 minutes of the second-half made it 2-2, with time against us I made my last subs. 20 MINUTES LEFT! The ball's crossed in, met my the head of Daly, tipped over for a corner. Swung in by Daly, then ecstasy as McCulloch of all people leaps and find's the net at 73 minutes. From ecstasy to disaster within a minute, Hearts hit back with a quick reply 3-3. Then with 3 minutes on the clock, Wallace is on the wing (NO IDEA WHY!) and fires a cross in, who does it find? THE NET!!! An absolute fluke from the left-back and Rangers go on to win by a goal. From there on out we almost steamrolled the Championship...
Falkirk 1-3 Rangers
Dumbarton 0-1 Rangers
Queen of South
0-2 Rangers

Raith Rovers
2-3 Rangers

Alloa
3-3 Rangers

Hibs
1-2 Rangers

Livingston
0-4 Rangers

Raith Rovers
1-1 Rangers

Dumbarton
0-3 Rangers

Cowdenbeath
2-4 Rangers

Falkirk
1-5 Rangers
Alloa
1-4 Rangers

Hearts
2-1 Rangers

Cowdenbeath
0-4 Rangers

Queen of South
2-3 Rangers

Livingston
1-6 Rangers

Hibs
2-5 Rangers
W: 15 D: 2 L: 1 By January 1st
RANGERS
HEARTS
HIBS
FALKIRK
ALLOA
RAITH ROVERS
QUEEN OF SOUTH
DUMBARTON
LIVINGSTON
COWDENBEATH

Looking Good So Far!

The End of The Beginning (2014/2015)

Quick Note: I have played up to January 2016 at this point.

Ladies and Gentleman, England will be playing four-four-f***ing two- Mike Bassett, 2001
Well it worked for Bassett, but not for me, the 4-4-2 formation made it far to predictable and didn't suit my attacking manager style. The 4-3-3 formation was working
wonders for our team and was tearing apart defences quicker than Docklanders was uploading FIFA career mode videos. I had to much pace on the flanks and Boyd and Miller were finishing off from crosses, causing mayhem for any defence in the league.
The league had become my main obsession, as I had been knocked out of the cup competitions early, which might've been a good thing considering Celtic, Motherwell, Heart and Dundee United were all in the semi-finals of the League Cup as it gave us something else to focus on.
After injuring for players such as Novak, Flanagan, Kingsley Coman and Munir, I quickly came to the conclusion that a pacey, but agile striker could bang in the goals for us and perhaps replace Miller as he wasn't exactly in his prime anymore (35). But as we carried on throughout the January Transfer Window I received an offer for Bell, our main goalkeeper, quickly rejecting. However Juventus and Barcelona came back to us saying they would allow us to take their players on loan, problem was the wage budget, not enough dosh to spend on them for six months each, so I had to PICK ONE. It was a shame really, although I wanted Munir, I felt we needed a winger more so I picked Coman over him. The end of the window saw this as the only switch.