rfcboy

Reaction score

My First ever FM Story. I thought I'd make it with my last FM12 Save, which I'm currently playing. I'll update as the months pass.

View attachment 278281

The Return Of The Saints

View attachment 278282

Adkins Declares Intention To Resign.

View attachment 278284

After taking Southampton to the Premier League, from League One, Nigel Adkins has declared that he has took the team as far as he can take them, and he is looking to resign at the earliest opportunity our sources understand. It is not understood why Adkins has came to this decision, however it leave the Southampton board with a dilemma as to how to choose a new manager, after previously backing Adkins in the transfer market.

View attachment 278283
The odds to become the Southampton Manager Are As Follows:

Mick McCarthy (7/4)
Alex McLeish (8/1)
Roy Keane (10/1)
Billy Davies (12/1)
Peter Reid (20/1)
Steve Kean (25/1)

View attachment 278282

Southampton Appoint Unknown Manager

View attachment 278285

In what can only be described as a surprise move, Premier League newcomers, Southampton, have appointed unknown Scotsman, A.Kerr, as their new manager. In a brief statement, The Saints Chief Executive, said: "We are pleased to announce the appointment of our new manager, A.Kerr. Although he may not be known to you all, we were pleased with the way he conducted himself in the interview stages, as well as portraying an enthusiasm to take the club forward.

The First Day

So, there we have it. Yesterday I was a nobody, I could walk down my local high street and no-one would bat an eye lid, yet now, in a whirlwind of events, I am now in charge of a team, in the most exposed league in the World. Taking a look into the drawer, a document was left by the previous manager, outlining his transfers that he had already made this summer.

Nigel Adkins Transfers

My first port of call was to check transfers already made into the club. Nigel Adkins was busy in the summer, before announcing his resignation from Southampton. The pick of these signings is Gaston Ramirez, a highly rated Uruguayan international winger/midfielder. As well as the capture of Ramirez, Adkins also added, Nathaniel Clynne; Steven Davis; Emmanuel Mayuka; Jay Rodriguez; Maya Yoshida and Paulo Gazzinga.

Worringly, there has already been an influx of players into the side, as such, I have my fears over the transfer budgets which will be available to me. It was then at that point, I realised, that I had yet to discuss with the Chief Executive, and as such was dreading the conversation as and when it came, with fears that there would have to be a real clear out before I could buy. After a few hours, I got the call I had been dreading.

View attachment 278286

"I want to see you in my office!"

Chief Executive: Hello, Mr Kerr.

A Kerr: Hello. You wanted to see me.

Chief Executive. Ah of course. I won't keep you too long, it's just to clarify your transfer budget for the season. Basically, the board have decided that your budget for the season will be £13.25 million for transfers, and a weekly wage budget of £453,000 per week. This is based upon us agreeing that we can achieve a goal of a mid table finish this season.

A Kerr: Of course. I believe that with the squad we have here at the club, and a few astute signings here and there, we can achieve a midtable finish.

Chief Executive: Well then that's settled. I'll confirm that budget to the board of directors, and you'll be all set for the transfer window. I'll let you off for now.

A Kerr: Thank you.

Last edited:
Awesome start!!! Good to see someone taking the Saints torch since I stopped my story.

Defo following

View attachment 278287

The Return Of The Saints

July - Kerr Gets Down To business

The first thing that was done, was to conduct a squad review of the players which are already at the club, and then evaluate any positions that need strengthened, and to determine who needs to stay, and who has to go.

Squad Review

Goalkeepers:
Kelvin Davis: The only experienced goalkeeper in the squad, however he isn't of the standard I would be looking for at this level. I will be looking to change him if possible, although he will be a good backup.

Paulo Gazzinga: A younger goalkeeper, who has potential to be at least as good as Davis. As such he won't be thrown into the fray straight away, and if a goalkeeper can be found, placed on the loan list.

Full Backs:
Nathaniel Clyne: A young English rightback. Despite his youth, he is arguably the best full back we currently have at the club, with the potential to become even better. Currently an under 21 international, it is assumed he will make the senior side in the future. A first team player as it stands.

Danny Fox: An English born, Scottish international left back. Solid both at attacking and defending, with the added bonus of taking a good free kick, he will be an important player in the squad this season. Currently a first team player.

Frazer Richardson: An experienced rightback. He has been with the club a few seasons now, and he will provide back up to Clyne and Fox over the course of the season.

Centre Backs:
Jose Fonte: Portuguese centre half. Former Portuguese Under 21 international. Boasting good all round stats, it is assumed Fonte will be one of the starting centre halves at the club when fit. Also in contention for a captain position.

Jos Hooiveld: A left sided, Dutch centre back. Standing at 193cm he is strong in the air, and could come in useful against the taller players in the division. Mentally not that great however, he will only really be a squad rotation option.

Maya Yoshida: A new arrival at the club. Good all round stats, although nothing which make him stand out from what's at the club. Will be considered a back up/rotation option.

Centre Midfielders
Jack Cork: A versatile player, although his best position is in the centre of midfield. Finally settled after years of instability moving around clubs on loan, he will become an important player in the team over the coming seasons.

Richard Chaplow: A player who I don't consider to have the sufficient ability to bolster the squad, I'll look to replace/sell him.

Morgan Schneiderlin - A French holding or centre midfielder. A fantastic creative player, with the ability to pass short or long. Also works hard for the team, which is a quality I'm looking for in the team.

Steve Davis: Another versatile midfielder. Boasts qualities of the other midfielders in the squad, while having some superior skills allied with them. Will be an important first team player this year.

Attacking Midfielders/Wingers

Gaston Ramirez: The most talented player in the squad, and a real coup by my predecessor. Can play anywhere in the attacking midfield positions, he will be the main player in the squad. A wonderkid, and only 20 years old, he can potentially be one of the best in the world in his position.

Adam Lallana: A winger or attacking midfielder, his partnership and linkup with Ramirez and the front man will be key to our success this season. A local player, with a passion for the club as well, which is also an advantage, as he knows the way the club works.

Jason Puncheon: A player of a decent standard, although not a consistent starter, in the side. He will provide cover for both of the wide positions.

Attackers
Ricky Lambert: A player who has worked his way up through the leagues, and is now finally in the Premier League. To call him a "target man" would be an injustice, as he has the ability to score a wide variety of goals. Added to this, he also possesses the required to provide leadership on and off the park.

Jay Rodriguez: Another astute signing by my predecessor before he left. Rodriguez can also play as wide man if needed, although his main role will be as a striker. Provides more pace than what Lambert does, as well as providing a decent aerial threat as well. Possibly the best all round striker at the club.

Emmanuel Mayuka: Another signing made by Adkins before he left. A recruit from Young Boys, he can also cover each of the wide positions, a position he is more than likely to fill on occasion. Possess good physical stats, but is lacking in the technical side.

Tadanari Lee: Another striker who possesses good physical stats, albeit not as good as Mayuka's, he also has stats which are much more rounded than most of the other strikers in the squad, while never excelling at anything. However he is a good 4th choice striker for the squad to have, and provides a different option when needed.

Southampton Youth Set-Up

As well as the senior set-up, Southampton also boasts good youth facilities, which is proven by the recent graduates from the academy set up. Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, to name just a few of the players that have came through the set up. Some players this year who I will be looking to give match time to, either with us or in a loan deal, are: Jack Stephens; Luke Shaw; Corby Moore; Callum Chambers; James Ward-Prowse and Jake Sinclair. These players will be offered professional terms straight away, in order to secure them for the future.

Transfer Targets

After the first team review, and my fears about budgets were unfounded, I decided to delve into the transfer market. A few key positions have been targeted as needed to be strengthened. These positions being centre half, goalkeeper and another centre midfielder being must needs. Positions that could be doing with some beefing up, but not so essential is the left back position and the wings.

View attachment 278289

Kerr Offers Contracts To Free Agents

New Southampton manager, A Kerr, has confirmed to our reporter, that the club has offered contract to terms to 3 players today. These players are, Henrique, Bifouma and Ze Roberto. When asked about these players, Kerr confirmed saying. " These three players are all of a standard which I believe can improve the squad, with 2 in positions I have targeted as needing strengthed, with another capable of fulfulling a role in a position which needs strengthened." It is unclear whether these three players as of yet, are going to accept the terms on offer.

Deal to Sign Bifouma Completed

Good news today for Southampton manager A. Kerr, who today announced the signing of former Espanyol player Thievy Bifouma on a free transfer. Kerr had this to say. "Although primarily a striker, Thievy can also play on the wing, which is what we are looking to do with him. It's not everyday that a player of his age and ability appears on the free agent list, and it's even rarer when the express an interest in joining your side. I'm extremely pleased at bringing in Thievy." When questioned on Henrique, Kerr said. "We have agreed a contract with Henrique. However due to his lack of EU nationality, or Brazilian international caps, we have to appeal to the government for the right for a work permit for him. We hope to announce the deal shortly in a week or so, as that is when we have the hearing."

Ze Roberto Signs For Cash Rich PSG

New Southampton manager, A. Kerr suffered his first disappointment today, when it was announced on the Paris Saint Germain website, that the experienced Brazilian international had chose to sign for the Parisians, rather than the newly promoted Premier League side. Kerr said "I'm disappointed that we never managed to bring Ze Roberto to the club, however the lad made his intentions clear that he would prefer to join PSG, as at the twilight of his career he wants to be challenging for silverware. We at Southampton would like to wish Ze Roberto luck at PSG, and thank him for entering negotiations in the first place."

Henrique Signs For Southampton

After a week of uncertainty, Southampton manager A.Kerr finally snapped up Brazilian international centre half, Henrique, after the work permit for the ex-Barcelona man was accepted. "After the disappointment in not snapping up his fellow brazilian, we are pleased that we have finally managed to complete the deal to bring in Henrique" Kerr stated. When asked if this player would improve the team, he said: "Of course he will. You don't get capped by the Brazilian international side, or have Barcelona pay £6.5 million for you if you're a bad player. He is a coup for the club, and he will be a top notch player for us."

July Friendlies

As well as the transfer side of things, there were also several friendlies in the month of July. As I was looking to improve the squad, I ask my assistant manager if he would take charge of the side, in order for me to scout new players.

Results For July:

Huddersfield Away

View attachment 278304

Eastleigh Away

View attachment 278305

Portadown Away

View attachment 278306

Preston Away

View attachment 278307

Stuttgart Home

View attachment 278308

Hayes & Yeading Away

View attachment 278309

Shrewsbury Away

View attachment 278310

All in all, a good performance in pre season. Despite a lot of games in a short period of time, the only game which wasn't won was the first game. A victory over VFB Stuttgart was particuarly pleasing, considering the quality the side has available to them.

Monthly Review

A good month in terms of victories in the friendlies, although with Clyne away at the under 20 World cup, the full strength side was never selected. Positive also on the transfer front, although the inability to land Ze Roberto was disappointing, although not a surprise. One sour point, which must be noted, was the injury suffered by Jay Rodriguez, which will rule him out until the new year.

Player of the Month

It's hard to pick a player of the month based on friendlies, especially with no particular player standing out.​

Last edited:
August Update

View attachment 278370

The Return Of The Saints

The month began, and with no friendly games left until the start of the season, there was only one task in store for Kerr, and that was to improve the squad at the St. Mary's stadium. Still needing strengthened were the goalkeeper position, and the central midfield positions. With two weeks left until the first game of the season against Everton, time is against them if they want to strengthen sufficiently.

View attachment 278371

The rumour mill is in overdrive, regarding Southampton's search for a goalkeeper. Sources within the club suggest that manager, A.Kerr has placed bids for several goalkeepers, including Sunderland's Simon Mignolet and Stoke City's Asmir Begovic. The source has also confirmed to us, that Artur Boruc was offered a contract, however his demands were so high, the club decided that such a move, was not economically viable.

Kerr Confirms Bids

In an interview, earlier today, Southampton manager confirmed what had been rumoured that the club have indeed bid for Simon Mignolet and Asmir Begovic.

It is true that we have placed bids for both Simon Mignolet, and Asmir Begovic, however we are not in a position to determine if these bids will be accepted or if we may have to look elsewhere. We have already been rejected by Artur Boruc, who we offered a handsome deal to join the club, but he was unopen to negotiations. Away from our goalkeeper search, we have had a bid accepted by Shaktar Donetsk for their midfielder Taras Stepanenko. We've offered a contract, and hope to have the deal signed in the next few days, just in time for the Everton game. In other news, we have also been offered Manchester United winger Bebe on loan, which is an avenue we are going to explore further.

Stepanenko Signs, Bebe Loaned, Bids rejected

Southampton, today can announce the signing of Taras Stepanenko, for a fee of £4million, on a 4 year deal. We are pleased as we now have a quality young midfielder who has already starred for his national side, for a reasonable price. We also snapped up Bebe on a year's loan from Manchester United, who will provide an extra dimension on the wing with his pace and height. However, in less positive news, we can confirm that the bids we have placed for Simon Mignolet and Asmir Begovic, have been rejected, and as such, we will now look towards other avenues.

Match Day One
Southampton
Versus Everton

View attachment 278372

An unfortunate result, as we were in front twice, yet we still lost the game, to a decidedly suspicious offside goal. A good performance none the less, and positives to be taken, despite the defeat.

Match Day Two
Manchester United Versus Southampton

View attachment 278373

Yet another defeat, although it was expected. The first minute penalty, however, didn't help my chances. Lucky that the score was kept to just 2, as can be seen from United's stats.

Southampton Bid For Bogdan

Southampton, today have placed a bid for Bolton Wanderers goalkeeper, Adam Bogdan. No fee has been mooted, although it is believed to be in the region of £2million. It is widely expected that Bolton will accept this offer.

Carling Cup Round 2

Nottingham Forest Vs Southampton

View attachment 278376

Finally, our first win of the season. After an unfortunate result against Everton, and a hammering against Manchester United, belief was low, so the win was a relief. Also good to see that the 2 "reserve" strikers scored the goals to take us through.

Southampton Sign Bogdan

View attachment 278378

Southampton are pleased to announce the signing of Bolton goalkeeper Adam Bogdan for a fee of £2 million, on a 4 year deal. "Adam is a young goalkeeper with huge potential in the game. To capture him for such a low fee, is a good piece of business, and we hope to help him achieve his potential while at this club", stated manager A.Kerr. It is believed Bogdan will go straight into the first team for the game at Sunderland.

Match Day Three

Southampton
View attachment 278377

Our first league win of the season, and against a good side in Sunderland. New signing Adam Bogdan went straight into the side, and was unlucky to be prevented a clean sheet, by a stunning strike by Adam Johnson. First goals for the club for Ramirez and Stepanenko, from the bench, won us the game.

Monthly Review:

A mixed month results wise, with 2 defeats, and 2 wins. However progression into the next round of the cup was pleasing, as was the first win against Sunderland.

Player of the Month

Nathaniel Clyne/Bebe.

While no player stood out considerably, these two players combined well on the right wing on occasion. The beginning of a blossoming partnership, perhaps.​

View attachment 278379

The Return Of The Saints

Kerr Asks The Fans

Should Southampton Sign Tom Huddlestone?

Manager A.Kerr, asked the fans today if he should sign Spurs midfielder Tom Huddlestone, on a loan deal. Despite the influx of midfielders at the club, Huddlestone's range of passing and shooting ability will provide a different dimension to the midfield.

So, should Southampton loan Huddlestone, vote now.

Poll - EasyPolls.net

Voted no, I signed him on mine for £3.3m and he was shocking for me

Voted no, I signed him on mine for £3.3m and he was shocking for me

Thanks for the feedback.

I ended up loaning him, and only have to pay half his wages, so less risk than buying him outright.

Thanks for the feedback.

I ended up loaning him, and only have to pay half his wages, so less risk than buying him outright.
Fair play, hope you can get more out of him than I did!!!

View attachment 278443

The Return Of The Saints

Southampton Loan Huddlestone

View attachment 278459

Southampton have today announced the season long loan deal for Tom Huddlestone. We have agreed to pay Tottenham a loan fee of £900K, and an agreement to pay 50% of his wages over the course of the season.In addition to this, we have also agreed a fee of £2.6million if the player impresses. It was not long ago that Tom was on the fringes of the England squad, and we hope he can return to that level at our club.

With the signing of Huddlestone, the month ended with very little else to report, apart from Steve De Ridder requesting a transfer.​