joeWFC

Reaction score
images

The return of the Wombles!

SHOCK SACKING AS WELSHMAN STEPS IN
AFC Wimbledon fans were left wondering what had happened in the boardroom, as the fan-based club saw saviour Terry Brown was sacked as manager. He did extremely well in the previous season with a newly promoted Wimbledon side, masterminding them to the dizzy heights of 8th place. Before the fans could start thinking about who was going to replace him, Brown had already been replace by a largely unknown character. Joe van der Khirkov, a life-long Wrexham supporter, with Dutch heritage, took over at the realm. He is known for his short-career in non-league football, playing as a right-back for the likes of Halesowen Town, Tooting and Mitcham and eventually Welling United before numerous injuries to his hips ended his career.

"It's a dream come true to manage a team like this. It's my first job, so it will be a challenge but I'm up for it. I hope I can serve everyone involved with AFC Wimbledon well.I am already looking to sign a couple of players.. no names mentioned."

KHIRKOV GOES FOR YOUTH.. AND EXPERIENCE
Joe van der Khirkov dipped straight into the transfer market, with a couple of coups. Simon Dawkins was bought in to partner last season's star player Danny Kedwell upfront, the youngster had just been released by Spurs, this signing pleasing the AFC Wimbledon faithful. Andre Wisdom was signed on loan from Liverpool for the season to bolster the defence whilst Khirkov forked out £10,000 to get the signature of Mark Bentley from Gillingham, an experienced midfielder who is set to star during the season. Sean Highdale, a young central midfielder, was also bought in on a free.

simon_dawkins240.jpg

0,,10416~8941117,00.jpg

MORE QUALITY ARRIVES
AFC Wimbledon fans were left drooling at the season they could have with yet more signings by the new manager incharge. Exeter right-back Steve Tulley snubbed four other clubs to join The Wombles for a fee of £14,000. Doncaster Rovers winger Simon Whaley also joined up, for only £10,000! The squad was looking great, but looked even better as experienced winger Laurent Robert joined on a free transfer. The left-winger is famous for his wonderful goals at Newcastle and Portsmouth, including an acrobatic backheel against Fulham in 2004. Goalkeeper Josh Wagenaar was bought on a free too.

_39879168_robert300_getty.jpg

AUGUST UPDATES TO COME TOMORROW :D Hope you follow.