The Ricky Gervais Show

Joss

Reaction score
Didn't know where to post this (Considering his podcasts are largely from XFM, i've put it in music for now, but will move it to General Chat or something if people disagree..)

----------------------------

I saw Ricky Gervais at the Hammersmith Apollo, doing his 'Science' tour (though it had nothing to do with that as far as i could tell.) I thought he was ******* hilarious, but i expect many people have different opinions. However, it does seem that there is a collective appreciation of his XFM and Guardian podcasts with Steven Merchant and Karl Pilkington (legend).

Anyway, after watching his show last night - in which he mentioned Karl Pilkington and mentioned him and the podcasts in the programme.

A little explanation:

The Story so far...

The Ricky Gervais Show features Ricky Gervais, Steve Merchant and Karl Pilkington chatting about stuff. Basically each episode is a half-hour or so of audio drivel. With 24 episodes and counting - it's been quite popular, garnering an award from 'Wired' magazine and a Guinness World Record. The first episode became the number one download within hours of launch and the show has been there pretty much ever since with over eight million downloads and counting.

Podcasts

You can get all 12 episodes of the original podcasts in one gasp for a small charge at either audible.com or iTunes

September 2008
Series 5 of The Ricky Gervais Show is released on iTunes and Audible, going straight to the top of the charts around the world.
Available here.

So... What do you guys think of Ricky Gervais, and the other two, and the show? Have you listened to/downloaded the podcasts?

karl pilkington is a god!

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

they start on xfm from their radio show, right through 5 serives of podcasts then their 10 audiobooks, and now their tv program where theys end karl round the world. listen to the fool. and yes he is a real person and not a character

Karl Pilkington is legend, but i really hate Ricky Gervais's laugh on the tv show podcasts its soo annoying

karl pilkington is a god!

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

they start on xfm from their radio show, right through 5 serives of podcasts then their 10 audiobooks, and now their tv program where theys end karl round the world. listen to the fool. and yes he is a real person and not a character

Karl Pilkington is of the belief that
a) The Chinese "don't age well" and
b) Monkeys can fly space shuttles and are trained to do so by using Bananas as treats, he also says that there was a banana dispenser on the shuttle when they went to space XD