nedu99

Reaction score
View attachment 275755

INTRODUCTION

Hey everyone this is my first ever story on FM 12 (too bored waiting on FM 13 to come out) so I’m hoping it will be good and you guys (or girls if any) will be impressed feel free to leave comments or opinions on what you will like to see or not or on any random question you wish to ask I’ll find time to reply them all :). So I’m using AS ROMA as you can see because i feel they could easily win Serie A with a bit more quality and also I'm going to try and get Totti the CL trophy he deserves:D for being so loyal.
I just started my second season with them but I’ll post some sort of season review of what my first season was like before I share the fantastic experience I'm having in my 2nd season as coach of this great club.

FIRST SEASON REVIEW!
We did quite well in the league thanks mostly to my transfers as the squad wasn't that great when i arrived. A look at my transfers if you look closely some where made during January transfer window

Micheal Owen was a flop signing because he got injured for 4months!!! after just 2 games and I thought he would be good because Bojan and Osvaldo were quite terrible for me throughout the season!.... Astori, Verratti , De Jong, Petrucci were all class signings.. here's my best eleven of the 12/13 season I also won the Europa League and Coppa Italia last season! . I'll do a summary of my signings and how they performed if you guys want to see it just comment:p
View attachment 275764

SSC Napoli v. AS Roma (Derby del Sole)
View attachment 275776
Coppa Italia Final
View attachment 275777

I was quite lucky in this match because Cavani was having an off day and i played a RB on the wing and suprise surprise he pops up with the winning goal!!!! lol.

I'll post the rest of my Ist season review and beginning of my 2nd season in a few hours if this doesn't get deleted:( . if i made an error or I'm doing something wrong please notify me..thanks for reading:)

2nd Part of FIRST SEASON REVEIW

Feel free to comment guys so I can know if this story is good or complete shoite:)
Note guys I'm not using the LFC pack for this summer transfers but I'm using have his January transfers pack though

PLAYERS OF THE SEASON

3rd place Marco Verratti - Class player, good vision and creativity in matches. Not ready yet for the DLP support role(ala Pirlo) in my 4-3-3 formation .I'm trying to get his stats where they need to be so he can be my playmaker from deep just like he does in real life:D
View attachment 275828View attachment 275829

2nd place Maarten Stekelenburg - Excellent shotstopper! probably had only 1 mistake in the whole season definitely the best keeper i've ever had. Inspired my team time and time again with the way he dominates his box and kept me in games!!! highly recommend him to anyone looking for a keeper!
View attachment 275832View attachment 275833

PLAYER OF THE SEASON/1st Place Davide Astori - An absolute rock at the back! and was my second top goalscorer in the league with 10 goals which is a disgrace to my other strikers who failed to react first in the box on setpieces. Did well in all my big games! and didn't let me down one a bit and for 5m an absolute bargain
View attachment 275834View attachment 275835

Congrats on getting second mate, that seems quite hard because the squad is dire in the beginning.

Congrats on getting second mate, that seems quite hard because the squad is dire in the beginning.
thanks mate...the squad is terrible to be honest..lol..but loan signings and Astori, Nigel De Jong really helped me .....Osvaldo and Bojan can't finish to save their lives

Last edited:
WORST PERFORMERS of the season

View attachment 275884View attachment 275885PABLO DANIEL OSVALDO

Just for the sheer amount of chances missed even though he did score some goals... had more yellow cards than Seria A goals!!!! ....shipped him off to Florence for 12.25m.. (I should have use him to try and get Jovetic???)

his partner in crime ??? BOJAN KRKIC PEREZ
View attachment 275889View attachment 275890
Big game flop!..missed chances...terrible finishing..easily bullied off the ball...doesn't show the pace his stats have... shipped him to Valencia for 8.25m good value IMO

notable mention - Daniele De Rossi - Didnt really impress me even though it wasnt fully his fault because he had to play at CB in some games and i played him as a DLP support in midfield instead of as a BWM support or defend.

I gave Roma a go earlier, though with a 3-5-2 formation inspired by Italian NT. Good luck on this!

You just inspired me to use AS Roma again, after years of not playing with them, thanks. Also a very well written story, keep it up. :D

I gave Roma a go earlier, though with a 3-5-2 formation inspired by Italian NT. Good luck on this!
I'm still working on finding the perfect 3-5-2 for my players ..i struggled everytime I used that formation i use a 4-3-3 currently and it works quite well for my players
View attachment 275919

You just inspired me to use AS Roma again, after years of not playing with them, thanks. Also a very well written story, keep it up. :D

thanks mate..i always use Atletico Madrid but wanted to try something new in Seria A n Roma was a brilliant choice!

2ND SEASON Begins

PRESEASON STARTS
View attachment 275955
After a superb 1st season ROMA have higher expectations for this season

- at least 1/4 of CL

- become a more expansive team!!!!
- top 3 finish

Roma splash out 12m on Yarmolenko!View attachment 275969
a fee that could rise to about 14.5m
reported to be on 34k a week

Also Mattia Destro joins for relatively cheap 2.6m.View attachment 275970
Have AS Roma got a bargain here??

Notable Transfer News from around the world
Neymar joins Chelsea for 34m
Hazard to City for reported 33.5m
Man.Utd splash estimated 77m on Inler, Samba , K. Asamoah and Criscito
Hamsik to R.Madrid for 23m
Wijnaldum to Dortmund for 9m

Preseason Schedule and results

-brilliant preseason!! new players settling in very well apart from Vladimir Weiss

-Destro, Saviola, Yarmolenko, De Rossi and Petrucci were the stand out performers in pre season

-Also Andrea Bertolacci and Marco D'alessandro extended their contracts as they have big future with the club.
View attachment 275979View attachment 275980

Italian Super cup final
Totti masterclass guides Roma to victory
View attachment 275987View attachment 275995

Eurpean Super cup
Roma slip up despite going up a goal and having a one man advantage!!!
View attachment 275988View attachment 275996

September
Fantastic month for Roma, unbeaten in 4 Seria A games into the season conceding just once
Roma vs Sampdoria 4-0
Destro(3), Burdisso(1)

Cagliari vs Roma 0-2
Destro(1),Saviola(1)

Milan vs Roma 1-3
Yarmolenko(1), De Rossi(1), Rakitskyi(o.g)

Roma vs Bologna 3-0
Saviola(3)

CL GROUP - AS ROMA, FC BASEL, BAYER LEVERKUSEN, F.C .COPENHAGEN

With a fairly easy group Roma are expected to qualify easily and made a statement of intent with a 4-0 slaughtering of FC Basel

goals from Destro (2), Lamela(1)Yarmolenko(1) these three boys are showing a fantastic chemistry on the pitch...

player of the month??
Mattia Destro
View attachment 275997

pick of the goals for the month!!!!! must watch!! pls!..lol..
<font size="3"><span style="font-family:arial;">[video=youtube;GN0bhRyax7I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN0bhRyax7I&feature=youtu.be[/video]

<font size="3"><span style="font-family:arial;">[video=youtube;WsAo2ZINzj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsAo2ZINzj4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

this will be my last post as i have 3exams this week
:'( ..feel free to comment, make suggestions on whatever you want..thanks for reading!!! have to go study now..smh

Very good read, strangely enough i was gonna start a game with a Serie A team and it was gonna be Inter but now you may have changed my mind.

Very good read, strangely enough i was gonna start a game with a Serie A team and it was gonna be Inter but now you may have changed my mind.

thanks man, Inter and Milan too many old players on massive wages! that was a no go area for me ..lol

the next post will contain the remainder of the season.... thanks for reading:)

October
Bayer Leverkusen v Roma 0-0

boring match.. both teams canceled each other out and we failed to convert our half chances

Napoli v. Roma 0-1
Saviola(43min)
View attachment 276441
- a must win game for my fans as it's a derby, absolutely delighted with this win as it kept our run in Seria A going
-backs to the wall defending from my boys towards the end but we did well to get the result away at the San Paolo

Roma v. Udinese 1-2
Destro(20mins), - Di Natale(24mins), Danilo(50mins)

disappointing to say the least as we lose to Udinese who aren't the strongest really. but they played us of the park dominating possession too, Burdisso was awful tonight it must be said.

(UCL group stages)Roma v. FC Copenhagen 3-0
Saviola, Greco,Totti

a match we dominated, and i expected more goals from the lads as we created 6 clear cut chances!

Cheivo v. Roma 0-1
Yarmolenko
poor performance from the lads, even though i was happy with the 3 points we really should be doing better if we want to win the league this season

Roma v. Palermo 0-1
Miccoli
team meeting i felt was needed after this result as the fans aren't too impressed with me losing home games
Nicolas Burdisso had a shocking game and gave away the pen for Miccoli to slot home i think his time in Rome is coming to an end

Poor month to be honest no real outstanding player
but Pjanic assisted the bulk of my goals so he deserves a mention
View attachment 276443
Burdisso surely had to be the worst performer letting his team mates down in important games
View attachment 276444

this is what the Serie A table looks like after 10 matchdays
View attachment 276442

Last edited: