FormidableFM

Reaction score
View attachment 323726

A Brief History Lesson:​
Boston United Football Club is an English football club based in Boston, Lincolnshire. The club participates in the Conference North, the sixth tier of English football. The club is known as 'the Pilgrims' in reference to the Pilgrim Fathers, who fled from Boston to North America and founded Boston, Massachusetts. The club's crest, a ship, is also a reference to them. The club's traditional colours are amber and black. Boston's neighbours include Lincoln City, Scunthorpe United and Grimsby Town. The club is one of only 12 in the country to run a Centre of Excellence, provides a Study Support Centre and is also the basis of the 'Boston United Football in the Community Scheme'

Short-term:
Promotion to Blue Square Premier
Win the FA Trophy
Promotion to npower League Two

Medium-Term:
Promotion to npower League One
Win the Johnstones Paint Trophy
Promotion to npower Championship
Promotion to Barclays Premier League

Long-Term:
Win the Barclays Premier League
Win the Capital One Cup
Win the FA Cup
Win Community Shield
Qualify for a European Cup
Win a European Cup
Win the Club World Championship
Win the UEFA Supercup
Become World No1 Club
Win all Long Term Goal level competitions at least 5 times
Become Self-Maintaining
Build New Stadium
Become the most successful club in England

Other:
Become a Club Legend
Manage 1000 games
Become World No.1 Manager

1st Season:
My aim for the first season is to just get to grips with the lower league after the update, no specific targets

In my main FM career (started unemployed, Sunday League rep) I'm in charge at Boston, as I had originally taken over at Havant & Waterlooville but resigned there for various reasons. Took over midway through the first season and managed to move them up from relegation threatened to safe mid-table. Signed Carel Tiofack who ended up overtaking Spencer Weir-Daley to become my top scorer (and has the potential to stay with the club for a good few years as you rise through the leagues). Also got Nathaniel Wedderburn who is a good ball winning CM. Currently just about to start my next pre-season and have made a couple of strong signings, so I hope to get promotion. Will follow your story and comment/compare.

----------------
UPDATE
----------------

Played my pre-season and first 3 league games last night, I thought all was rosy as I began to implement my successful FM12 tactic and remained unbeaten throughout pre-season, beating two League 2 teams on the way. I was wrongly confident going into the start of the league season, where I have picked up 1 point from 9 - Carel Tiofack is looking good but Mark Newsham is the top scorer - solely from substitute appearances either up front or on one of the wings. Newsham, Ben Milnes and Sam Craven are the only real survivors from the team I inherited to my (much stronger) line up now. Sam Craven is already one of the clubs favoured personnel after his performances last year. Spencer Weir-Daley and Nathan Stainfield are still in the first team squad for rotation use but other than that there have been wholesale changes.

Last edited: