emoasyou

Reaction score
The les Pailladins sign New unknown English manger.

Montpellier Herault shocked the world today as they sign a new unknown manager. the chairman said that he believed Dimbleby as a lot to offer the club and can get the best out of the young squad and they can reach their true potential.

When interviewed about taking over the reigns of Montpellier Dimbleby had this to say.

Im Delighted to have taken over as the new manager of this great young team Montpellier as a good future and im happy to be a apart of it as i believe this club is going places.

i was dissapointed to be told i wouldn't be receiving any funds to buy players in my first year in charge but the board will allow for a mid table finish as they understand the restraints were under financially.

I believe this club as a vast array off wonderfully talented and gifted players who can push on to make Montpellier one of the premier clubs in france this will probably be a transitional season with the lack of funds to invest but we surely can push on more in the futre.

Looking at my squad i have many star players and starting at the back with Jourdren who is a quality goal keeper.
Young ligali will definitely push Jourdren in the future.

The first thing i have decided is that Olivier Giroud is not in my plans this season and will be moved on as i will look to use the pace of Soleymane Camara and Abul Karim Sylla upfront.

we will play a back 4 with 2 defence mifilders with an attacking midfielder and 2 wingers with a lone stirker with many quality players in the squad i will use my pre season friendlies to find my best 11.

pre season results.

Montpellier 2 - Montpellier reserves 1 home

Montpellier 6 - Nuechatel xamx 0 away

Montpellier 11 - Fc sete 34 1 away Hatrick for Hilton and Camara

Montpellier 3 - Es uzue pont du gard 1 away

Montpellier 4 - Teplice 1

Tour of Belguim

Lierse 1 - Montpellier 3 Hatrick for Ait Fana

Lokeren 0 - Montpellier 2

AA Gent 0 - Montpellier 1

Anderlect 2 - Montpellier 6

View attachment 270636

Transfers as i had no funds i sold Giroud to Bolton for 5 million was hoping for much more but nobody seemed interested.

I made 2 loan signings Clement Grenier from Lyon and Marcello Trotta from Fulham both will be backups

View attachment 270637

August Results

First game at home to Auxerre

Montpellier 1 - Auxerre 0

In what was a very close match with little incident Abdul Karim Syalla found a late goal in the 88th minuete crossed in by John Utaka Sylla pounced and blasted the ball home to the top corner.

LOSC Lile Metrople 1 - Montpellier 1

This was a tough game and we were lucky to come away with a point a good cross was tapped in by grenier and a unlikely point was gained.

Montpellier 1 - Stade Rennais 1

in a game we moslty deminated we were unliucky to concede a late equaliser both goals scored were penalties and rennais went down to 10 men poor performance in the end as this was very winnable

Olimpique Lyonnais 2 - Montpellier 1

Abdul Karims Sylla equalized just before half time and set up a thrilling second half Lyon did just enough and won it but my lads were outstanding and battled to the last minuet in what could be the best match of the season .

Coupe De ligue Third round

Chateruax 1 - Montpellier 0

We fielded a weakened team as i am focusing on the league but paid for it as chateruax played miles better then us but it was a valiant effort in the end.

View attachment 270640

In all a moderatly sucessful month as we won our first game and drew the next 2. the points we dropped at rennais coudl tell at the end fo the season though. the draw at lile was a good result but with them near the bottom of the table at the moment it seems otherwise but i dont believe they will be there come the end of the season.

Best player ofthe Month Abdul Karim Sylla as he scored our first goal and also against Lyon and set up a thrilling finale.

September update to follow thank you for reading

Please like and comment any feedback is much appreciated

Last edited:
September update

Montpellier 1 -
Nice 2

Belhand scored a truely magnificent solo goal taking the ball from the right wing into the center looking to shot from an impossible angle he skipped past 2 players and placed into the near side corner amazing.

nice came back with 2 late goals to win an unlikely 3 points bad performance all round.

Stade brestois 2 - Montpellier 4

in a truly amazing match both teams went in level at 1 goal a piece at half time Mapou Yanga Mbiwa scoring from a Belhanda corner to equalize.
Mapou Yanga Mbiwa then did it again to make it 2 -1 Stade Brestois then equalized setting up a thrilling last 20 minutes.
in the 72nd minuete Yanga Mbiwa headed home another corner to to score an amazing Hat trick
the match as finished off by Abdul Karim Sylla who walked the ball into the net from an Ait Fana cross.

Ac Ajaccio 0 - Montpellier 2

Abdul Karim Sylla rifles it home from a Belhanda cross amazing delivery.
Belhanda crosses in again but this time its headed out but Estrada feeds through to Grenier who calmly places it in the far corner great finish

Paris ST Germain 1 - Montpellier 1

In a truly amazing game that we battled in till the very end Camara slotted home from a Ait Fana cross after a swift counter attack.

View attachment 270695

in a month that started off badly some truly inspired performances topped an amazing month some brilliant football saw off Brestois and quality set piece play was too much for them.
the rgeat draw against PSG topped the month though as we battled all way through and in the end were unlucky not to win.

View attachment 270700

after a great month we sit 6th in the table only 4 points behind Lyon for the final champions league spot.

Player of the month

was belhanda as he was absoloutly amazing through out and proved just how good he is he also won the leagues player of the month and flurished in set piece play.

October update to follow

Last edited:
Big update

October all way to 1st of January results

A month that started off amazingly ended average after 2 poor results.

results

Montpellier 5 - Bordeaux 1

Abdul Karim Sylla stole the show here with an amazing hat trick

in the 21st minuete Sylla picked up the ball in his own half and sent a out field ball to Utaka who run down the right wing and crossed a ball into Sylla who still had plenty to do skipped past the defender and riffled the ball into the bottom far hand corner amazing.

38 mins and Sylla was set on his way by Belhanda he toke the ball round the keeper and slotted home great composure from a 19 year old.

in the 63rd min Camara speed down the right hand side unopposed and crossed in beautifully for Sylla to tap home for an easy finish to score a special Hat trick.

the route was then finished off by two goals from Abdel El Kaotari
corner crossed in from the Amazing Belhanda headed home for the first. in the 67th min after bordeauz pulled one back in the 65th.

Finsihed off from another Bellhanda corner slotted into the far corner from the left foot of El Kaotari did take a slight defelction.

Montpellier 4 - Dijon FCO 0

another amzing perfomrance by Sylla who scored 2 of the 4 goals to make it 5 in 2

both great solo efforts set up by belhanda with a great through ball

first goal was riffled in from the left side by Bedimo and the last a own goal by keita

Stade Malherbe Caen 2 - Montpellier 1

in a poor game we never looked liek winning the only bright spark was a goal to make it 6 in 3 for Sylla

Montpellier 0 - Nancy Lorraine 0

in a bore draw we drew with Nancy Lorraine to end a month that started off greatly fairly average except with 2 bright sparks Belhanda and Sylla

View attachment 270981

Table

View attachment 270982

we end the month in 7th which is still a very good showing by a team in a transitional season.

Abdul Karim Sylla play of the month with 6 goals in 4 games.

November to follow

the rest of the story will be in a different format as ive decided this one is too much writing lol

November Results

In a short month with only 3 game we pick up a valuable 6 points but lose in the middle to Marseille who are running away with the title

Saint Etienne 0 - Montpelier 4 Camara (6) Sanga Mbiwa (17) Belhanda (52) Hilton (64)

In a match we dominated from the start till finsh Belhanda put in a classy performance with 2 assists and a goal

Montpelier1 Camara (33) - Marseile 3

This was a tough result to take as we battled all the way to the end but weren't able to put our chances away

Schoaux-Montbe 0 - Montpelier 1 Sylla (81)

A draw would have been a fair result for 80 mins but a change in tactic push us one to get the vital goal and Sylla's 11th of the season

this topped off a short but successful month as we never were expected to get anything out of the Marseille game a good 6 points.

View attachment 270997

Table

View attachment 270998

Belhanda was the best player of the moth with a number of assists and a very good MOM performance against Saint Etienne.

December follows

huge mistake sell Giroud, he is awesome in ligue 1