The Rise of the **** and Ball - A Tottenham Hotspur Story

Wolves 1 - 3 Tottenham
Defoe (2), Sandro

What a start. Defoe listened and delivered. It took 6 minutes for the first goal. It was game over at half-time.

The downside was Ledley King going down injured. Right before that happened one of my staff members was able to whisper in my ear...

"Have you thought about bidding for Tevez in installments???"

My ears ***** up.. Genius!!

A late own goal by Gallas was another sour note, but I was happy with 3-1.

Starting XI
GK: Friedel 7.0
RB: Vrsaljko 7.3
CB: King 7.1 inj
CB: Gallas 7.3
LB: Assou-Ekotto 7.0
DM: Sandro 7.8
CM: Modric 6.8 sub 89
LM: Bale 8.9
RW: Saivet 6.8 sub 75
AM: Van Der Vaart 8.5
ST: Defoe 8.8

Subs
CB: Bassong 6.6 on 45
RW: Dos Santos 6.6 on 76
AM: Torres - on 89

Unused - Kadlec, Pienaar, Parker, Walker

I sit down for my first Post Match Interview.

Sky Sports News: What a start! All went according to plan?

Riess: Was a good start. Let's not get carried away by one game.

BBC: Saivet had a good debut, how do you think it went?

Riess: Debuts are never easy, but he played coped well.

Sunday Mercury: How good was Defoe?

Riess: He had a good game. This is only the beginning, though.

KiCK Mag: Gareth Bale got motm. How did you think he played?

Riess: He set up two goals and wreaked havoc. What more can you say about such a wonderful player?

BBC: Torres made his debut off the bench. Will he be starting soon?

Riess: In time.

Sky Sports: Two assists and, as you said, he wreaked havoc. How can you expect to keep Bale?

Riess: The fans love him. He loves them. He loves the club. The club loves him. It's not an issue.

KiCK: There are runours you want to sign one more player. Do you think you'll bring another face in??

Riess: We never stop looking for ways to improve the squad. I always have targets in mind.

The conference ends and I rush off to make my next Tevez proposal to City...

============================

Excuse my lack of editing. The internet is down and I'm on my phone!

Other Premier League Results:

Man Utd 4 - 0 Sunderland
Arsenal 3 - 0 Norwich
Fulham 3 - 1 Swansea
Stoke 1 - 1 Everton
Wigan 2 - 0 West Brom
Newcastle 0 - 2 Man City
Bolton 1 - 0 Blackburn
Aston Villa 1 - 1 Chelsea
Liverpool 2 - 1 QPR

"****!" I slam my fist down and startle everyone. "3 ******* MONTHS?!"

I rip my tie and put my hands on the table and everyone stares. Not the reaction I was expecting.

Sime Vrsaljko slipped a disc doing a weights session and they think he'll be out for 3 months. THREE MONTHS!!

"We've got Walker and Corluka, Riess. We'll be fine." Tim Sherwood tries to ease the pain.

"Corluka shouldn't have been listed anyway." Les Ferdinand rocks back in his chair. "Maybe he'll show you why?"

I stare down Les. "Where are we at with Tevez?"

"Contract negotiations. Paloschi agreed to terms last night." Bond barely seems interested. He's been up all nights and days for these transfers.

"Paloschi will be great for the future. Him and Kadlec should get a lot of cup time." Bernhard Peters, the scout, speaks out.

"We should go after Nicolas Isimat-Mirin... He will be the long term replacement for King and we can develop him slowly. We have 4 good quality centre backs and in 2-3 years he could dominate the league." Soren Lerby adds his two cents.

I walk off and look out the window. All good options. What to do.

"Bondy. Balls in your court. Me and Riess are going to have a chat with the players." Joe Jordan pats my shoulder as we leave the room.

White Hart Lane
Tottenham Hotspur v Levski (Sofia)
Europa League fourth qualifying round first leg

I've tweaked the line and give the boys a quick pep talk.

"Let's do this one for the fans, boys. Set ourselves up for the second leg."

The first half hour we are all over them. We have 72% possession 5 shots on goal but none on target... Then the opportunity strikes! A defenders jumps into Kadlec's back and we get the penalty. Van Der Vaart makes no mistake.

We continue to dominate and half a goal ruled out for offside. Our passing is magnificent but our finishing is abysmal. At HT we lead 1-0.

I tell the boys more of the same but try and work the ball into the box and finish them off. I also warn them not to switch off.

A red card to Levski opened the game up and Bassong takes advantage from a corner to make ot 2-0 with a powerful header.

Torres comes on at the 72nd with immediate effect. He linked up with Bale and played a 30 yard wonder ball to Dos Santos who slammed home the third.

Tottenham 2 - 0 Levski
Van Der Vaart (pen)
Bassong
Dos Santos

GK: Friedel 6.8
RB: Walker 7.7 sub 90
CB: Bassong 8.6
CB: Gallas 7.2
LB: Assou-Ekotto 7.4
DM: Sandro 7.1
CM: Modric 6.8
LM: Bale 7.3 sub 90
RW: Dos Santos 8.0
AM: Van Der Vaart 8.0 sub 72
ST: Kadlec 7.0

Subs
AM: Torres 6.8 on 72
LM: Pienaar - on 90
RB: Kaboul - on 90

Unused
King, Defoe, Saivet, Parker

I sit down and pat Alberto Paloschi on the back.

Football365: So what is your relationship with your new signing Paloschi? Why did he want to work under you?

Riess: I have great respect for Alberto and look forward to working with him. Such players don't come along too often so I am thrilled to have him on board.

The People: Do you think this will have impact on the rest of the squad?

Riess: Paloschi has such a high work rate that I think everyone will lift once he hits the track.

Goal.com: Do you think he can produce in the big games? And do you think you will benefit long term?

Riess: Of course. Why would I sign him if I had no faith in him? We're thrilled to have him on board and believe he will make a difference for us short term and long term.

I walk the halls of the training ground and answer my phone.

"Bond?"

"They say there's only one Carlos Tevez..."

Goal.com: Carlos Tevez! What a signing?!

Riess: It's wonderful. For us and Carlos. We have one the the best strikers in the world and Tevez gets to play again.

Sky Sports: Can Tevez lead Tottenham to glory?

Riess: Absolutely. He is such a phenomenal player he could lead any team to glory.

BBC: Will you change your tactics to accomodate Tevez?

Riess: Doubtfully. Tevez can fit into any team.

BBC: Is this the biggest signing for the club?

Riess: One of. Tevez will need to show what he's capable on the pitch.

The press conference goes on and on. Everyone is excited. Tevez poses for some photos and we depart.

Georgi Asparuhov
Levski (Sofia) 0 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur
Europa League fourth qualifying round second leg
Defoe (2)

I don't need to say much. We surely can't lose from here.

"Listen lads. Don't go out there thinking this game is won. Finish them off. Start the groundwork for a sensational season here."

Whilst having more shots we struggled to hold the ball. That was until another wonder ball from Torres. He looped it over the def for Defoe to stream onto and casually put away.

On the 65th Bassong smashes a clearing header to halfway and Defoe's pace burns the defence and he casually chips the keeper. 2-0.

GK: Friedel 6.9
RB: Walker 7.2 sub 82
CB: Bassong 8.2
CB: Kaboul 7.1
LB: Assou-Ekotto 7.2
DM: Parker 7.1
CM: Modric 6.8
LM: Pienaar 6.9 sub 79
RW: Dos Santos 6.9 sub 71
AM: Torres 7.8
ST: Defoe 9.1

Subs
RW: Saivet 6.8 on 71
LM: Lennon - on 79
CB: King - on 82

Unused
Van Der Vart, Bale, Sandro, Gallas

I couldn't be happier with how the boys are performing lately. I let Kevin Bond attend our group draw for the Europa League as I go to speak to one person I am worried about.

"Hi Luka."

"Hey Josh." Luka smiles whilst he continues to stretch.

I pull up a chair. "Are you happy with how the team is playing?"

He shrugs. "3 from 3, can't complain." He winks as I smile.

"I have a few concerns I want to talk to you about..."

"I know. I haven't been playing well." He hangs his head.

"No not all. I've felt you have held the ball well and really controlled our midfield which is good, but I just want you to be more adventurous. That's all."

We continue to chat for a while as we discuss Paloschi, Tevez, Saivet, Torres and how he was pleased with the signing of Vrsaljko.

On my way to the car Bond calls and informs me we have Hull City in the League Cup and we drew FC Vaslui, M. Haifa and Bate in the Europa League.

But more importantly we're two days away from the debut of Tevez!

Very nice stuff mate! :) Im on a Tottenham save myself so would be good to see what you do! :)

The Wigan game fast approaches. I weigh a few things up. Do we play 4-4-2 with Tevez and Defoe?? Or do we stay with our current "scattered" formation?

I have had countless conversations with Jordan and Bond. We don't want to put Defoe on the bench, but we want to play Tevez.

"Look. It's simple. We play Tevez. We have a massive break before the Fulham game with internationals. We have Defoe and Paloschi on the bench. We should beat Wigan and hopefully we can get two debut goals."

Bond's right. So it's settled.

DW Stadium
Wigan 1 - 4 Tottenham
Bale, Kaboul, Tevez, Modric

I tell them that I expect a win. Tevez doesn't seem to be listening which is a worry.

My fears fly out the window in under 2 minutes as a superb solo run by Gareth Bale makes it 1-0!

At the 12th minute an inswinging corner is smashed in by Kaboul. 2-0.

20 minutes in and we have had 74% of te ball with 5 shots on, 3 on target. This is exactly what I wanted.

Our complete domination is ruined by a sloppy sliding tackle by Kaboul, allowing Di Santo to skip by and beat Friedel 1 on 1 to make it 2-1.

I tell the boys to keep up their performance as we roll into the second half.

Wigan seem on top and have an offside goal ruled out.

Then it happens. A long, hopeful ball is played by Walker and Tevez strips Alcaraz of the and curls the ball into the top corner!! The crowd lose the plot, I do too! Tevez scores on debut!!! 3-1

At the 75th I grant Paloschi with his debut. We change to 4-4-2.

The game is put way beyond Wigan in the 88th when Stam fouls Bale in the box. Modric slams home the penalty. He's played well today.

GK: Friedel 6.9
RB: Walker 6.9 sub 68
CB: Bassong 7.5
CB: Kaboul 7.8
LB: Assou-Ekotto 7.5
DM: Sandro 7.2
CM: Modric 7.5
LM: Bale 8.9
RW: Dos Santos 6.9 sub 85
AM: Van Der Vart 6.8 sub 75
ST: Tevez 7.7

Subs
CB: King 6.9 on 68
ST: Paloschi 6.9 on 75
RM: Pienaar - on 85

Unused subs
Defoe, Torres, Parker, Gallas

Deadline Day:

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I'm not interested in buying anymore players for right now. I do want to offload, though. I try desperately to push through the Pavlyuchenko transfer as well as the Krancjar transfer. I send Falque back to Juventus. I see no value in the loan. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]As the day wears on I give in.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]"Cancel them." I say to Bond. "Tell them to forget it. They'll be great squad players. They won't get much game time, but we're not offloading either of them for under 8 million."[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Bond shrugs and hangs up. Lackluster day.

==========================================
Finally got my net working. Here are some screen shots!
==========================================

[/FONT]View attachment 224471[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]View attachment 224470
View attachment 224472
View attachment 224473

I'll probably take out the match ratings. I can just post results if people would prefer?? I'll continue this way until you guys say otherwise. Just aiming to please :)

View attachment 224474

Transfer history. Pretty short. I think I wrote 10 mil for Dawson. Doesn't seem as good of a deal now :/

Anyone have any hints for driving up the $???

Sweet. Sounds good. Should I make the games shorter?? Just results and details of the big games w/ screen shots?? Monthly updates???

White Hart LaneTottenham 1 - 0 Fulham

I keep it brief. We've come off a good break. Most of the players performed well over the international break. We just need to go out there and give the fans a showing they deserve.

I hand Corluka a start and pick Parker over Sandro as he will be able to help nullify Zamora more than Sandro would.

The choice of Corluka pays off after half an hour. From half way he plays a curving ball along the ground to the 6 yard box and Modric flicks it off Schwarzer's fingertips and puts it away. 1-0. 2 goals in 2 games since I spoke to Luka.

We go into half time with a slender lead and a grip on the game. I make sure the players know what is aware of them today. I explain to Torres that I know his natural ability is phenomenal and he needs to relax and show it off.

An hour into the game and we're being wasteful. 17 shots, 7 on target. 1 goal. Not good enough. I'm able to grab Tevez's attention and tell him to change it up a little. Get in between the lines and give 'em the run around.

20 minutes to go and King looks exhausted. He doesn't want to but he has to swap with Gallas.

I also swap Torres for Defoe and get him to tell Tevez to play just behind him. The pressure builds with 13 minutes to go.

5 minutes left and Sidwell lunges into Parker and earns himself and early bath. I make the quick sub of Kaboul for Corluka, to sure up the defence.

I ignore the game briefly as I grab Corluka. "I'm sorry. You've proven me wrong. I should never have tried to offload you."

He nods. He won't forget for a long time and that's understandable.

The final whistle sounds.

I let the boys know that was a let off. 26 shots, 11 on target for one goal isn't good enough. We'll need to step it up.

GK: Friedel 6.8
RB: Corluka 7.5 sub 86
CB: Bassong 7.5
CB: King 6.9 sub 75
LB: Assou-Ekotto 7.1
DM: Parker 7.2
CM: Modric 7.8
LM: Bale 6.5
RW: Dos Santos 6.5
AM: Torres 6.8 sub 81
ST: Tevez 7.3

Subs
RB: Kaboul - on 86
ST: Defoe - on 81
CB: Gallas 6.7 on 75

Unused subs
Van Der Vart, Lennon, Pienaar, Sandro

========================================================================================
Last update for tonight. Heading to bed. Let me know what you'd like changed or kept the same. All feedback appreciated!
========================================================================================

I'd stick to the style you are going with buddy, it's well written and it is the reason why you have quite a few people following this. I'm doing a spurs save too right now, going really well but I think it is largely down to the formation I am using (30 points, 10 wins 1 loss after 11 games, loss was to united, beaten city, arsenal and chelsea, not played liverpool yet).

I picked up on your remark about Iago, bit of an error if you let him go mate, I'm hoping to sign him at the end of the season. Depends on if you like using AMCs though.

Last edited: