Reaction score
Sheffield Wednesday taken over

Today is the start of a new era for Sheffield Wednesday as they have been taken over by billionaire, Phillip Green. Green is worth ?3.3 billion and made most of his money through retail but is now looking for a new challenge with The Owls being the perfect choice for Green. Sheffield Wednesday had been put up for sale by former chairman Milan Mandaric on Monday and Green got in fast securing the deal in just four days for an undisclosed amount. The first challenge for Green will be to appoint a new manager to replace Dave Jones, who left by mutual consent this morning. Rob Hall spoke to the new Owls chairman:
200px-Philip_Green.jpg

RH- Robert Hall
PG- Phillip Green
RH: Welcome to Sheffield Phillip, how are you feeling about this new project?
PG: I am very excited about this new project, a bit nervous but I am sure that I will be fine after a week or so.
RH: Your first task as chairman will to appoint a new manager for the team, any ideas of who that person may be?
PG: Of course I have a few people in mind. I would like to thank Dave for everything that he done for the club but I think that for the club to grow we will have to bring in someone new who can control the players, get them to perform and to also get the club into the top flight of English football. I have three or four names that I think will be perfect for the role.
RH: What are your ambitions for the club?
PG: Well as I have already mentioned I would like to get the club into the top flight and I would like the new manager that I bring in to fulfill that in three seasons. I also would like a younger manager who will be more likely to stay and build a team at Sheffield Wednesday. I will be giving the new manager a budget of ?25 million just to start him off and then we will see what happens in the summer.
RH: That will be all, thank you.

So who will be the next manager of the Owls? Favorites for the job include:
article-2220737-1598AFCA000005DC-587_306x423.jpg

Eddie Howe

images

Roy Keane

di-canio-2995343.jpg

And Paolo Di Canio​