The Rise of The Foxes - A Leicester City story

deGers

Reaction score
View attachment 265204

Pearson sacked as Leicester look for big name

Leicester have confirmed that manager Nigel Pearson has been sacked by the club, as they look for a big name to take the reigns at Leicester. Chairman Vichai Raksriaksorn released this statement just a short while ago:

"First of all, we would like to thank Pearson for his understanding, in our decision to relieve him from his managerial duties. Nigel is a great manager, and will no doubt find another club in the near future. But, the money I have invested into this club, means I want the club to ultimately go as far as possible. To do that, we need a big name. Even if it's their first job. A big name would help boost the reputation of this club. We have already drawn up a short list, and should have a decision in the near future."

Rumours are already doing the rounds on who might be the next manager. Sven Goran Eriksson and Brian Laudrup have been the two most mentioned names, but of course, these are just rumours.

View attachment 265203

Brian Laudrup announced as Leicester Manager

Former Rangers, Chelsea and AC Milan winger Brian Laudrup has been announced as the new manager of Leicester City. The Danish international had his first press conference just a few moments ago.

"It is great that I now have the chance to be a football manager. Leicester are a good team, and have strong financial backing. With this backing, we should be able to bring in players who can help us get promoted to the Premier League. I will have an evaluation of the staff here, but as of yet, no one will be leaving. We have a good set of players here, but I definetely want to bring in four or five new faces. I believe this is year that Leicester take that extra step, that is promotion".

It is understood the fans are excited with the prospect of Laudrup being their manager. It will be interesting to see how Laudrup settles in with his new job, and weather he can help Leicester win promotion to the top flight of English football.

View attachment 265222