The rise of the lions - An F.C. Kobenhavn story

leedslegend83

Reaction score

View attachment 226100

THE RISE OF THE LIONS -
AN F.C. KOBENHAVN STORY

HISTORY:

F.C. Kobenhavn are a professional Danish football club based in Copenhagen, Denmark.

FCK plays in the Danish SuperLiga and are one of the most succesful football teams in Danish football. They are also the highest ranking Scandanavian football club in the UEFA team rankins list., currently the 39th best team in Europe. The club is also currently ranked 66th in the world by the IHHSF. F.C. Kobenhavn have won the Danish SuperLiga 9 times, four Danish Cup trophies, and the Scandanavian tournament Royal League twice. They qualified for the 2006/2007 Champions League for the first time in club history. Three years later they became the first Danish club to ever reach the knockout stages of the Champions League.

F.C. Kobenhavn were founded in 1992 as a superstructure between 15 time Danish Champion Kjobenhavns Boldklub (KB) & seven time Danish Champions Boldklubben 1903. FCK plays it's matches at the Parken Stadium, which also serves as the venue to the Danish national football team. Since it's founding, F.C. Kobenhavn has had a fierce rival with Copenhagen suburban club Brondby IF, and the so called "New Firm" darby between the two sides have attracted some of the biggest crowds in Danish football history.

----------

Hans Munk Nielsen and Roland Nilsson agree to part ways as Nilsson pursues other opportunities

View attachment 226101

F.C. Kobenhavn chairman Hans Munk Nielsen has announced the resignation of manager Roland Nilsson and stated that he was after bigger opportunities, feeling he had done all he could do for the club in Denmark.

Nilsson said "I certainly appreciate everything this club has done for me and my family, I am a much better manager and person for having worked here at this club for the past 4 seasons. The opportunity given to me to manager here will never be forgotten and I hope the fan's and the board understand that I would like to pursue other opportunities at this time and that is it nothing more than a business decision. Again, thank you Mr. Nielsen for allowing me to take this team to heights we didn't know possible just a few years back and to the wonderful fan's of F.C. Kobenhavn, you will always have a special place in my heart. Thank you all."

Nielsen went on to say "I would like to thank Roland for taking this team to the next level during his time here and I would like to wish him and his family the best of luck moving forward. That being said, I do believe this club has the quality to do even better going forward than we have done in the past and we will seek out the next manager for this club within the next week or so and hold a press conference once we find this new manager to unveil him to you all. I would like to thank all of you for coming out this evening and thank you for your patience as we look for the best possible option for the club moving forward.

Jeremiah Walsh; new F.C. Kobenhavn manager

View attachment 226102

F.C. Kobenhavn chairman Hans Munk Nielsen has reveiled that Jeremiah Walsh will be the man replacing Roland Nilsson at the Parken Stadium.

This move comes after Nilsson decided to part way's with F.C. Kobenhavn to pursue other opportunities in his managerial career.

Mr. Nielsen said: "We took our time to try and find the right person for this job and after carefully reviewing a few applicants we decided that with youth on his side and the ambition that this lad seem's to have he would certainly be the best fit for this club moving forward."

Mr. Walsh who has yet to have a managerial job at this level or any other level even close to Kobenhavn stated that it was his every intention to get this club to our perform where it had been in the past few season's and claims his main priority will be the League and Europe saying "we should easily be winning the Danish Cup and League so a lot of my attention will be either in Europa league or Champs League as I feel once we get the right team and staff together, anything should be possible. This will not be immediate but rather a project that may take a couple two or three years."

Mr. Walshs' first test as manager of F.C. Kobenhavn will come against Brondby IF in the "New Firm" darby on July 17th, 2011

----------

Manager's notes:

Mr. Nielsen seems a wonderful bossman and certainly seem's to have the club's best interest at heart. I guess time will tell. If that's true then we should have no problems working together and being succesful. Can't wait to get to work!

Thanks a lot mate. I hope I can get a few followers with this story. The challenge to win in Europe within the first 3 seasons will keep me engaged in this save. Hopefully I can keep you guy's interested. Oh, BTW this story was inspired by beard of zeus's FC Sochaux-Montbéliard save. Thanks for following will have another update coming shortly!

View attachment 226104

PRE-SEASON:

Match 1: Podbeskidzie 0 - 0 F.C. Kobenhavn

Match 2: Warta Poznan 1 - 2 F.C. Kobenhavn

Match 3: Hvidovre 0 - 5 F.C. Kobenhavn

Match 4: Velez 1 - F.C. Kobenhavn 4

FIRST TEAM SQUAD:

View attachment 226105

Talking with some of the current staff in the dressing room I notice a few of the players joking around and talking about the training session and the last friendly we had against Velez and our upcoming opponent to kick off the SuperLiga against Brondby IF. I notice that they are relaxed and they are very confident. Some of the players in this dressing room will certainly command respect.

TACTICS:

4-3-3

Our midfield is very strong as well as our forwards which is the reason I decided that this squad would function best in a 4-3-3. Our backup formation will be a conventional 4-4-2. My goal was to add a defender and play some younger guy's to get match experience and ease them into first team football. I also decided to bring a loaned in player for our midfield and up top with our other strikers.

TRANSFERS:
IN:

Jordan Lukaku transfer from Anderlecht

View attachment 226106

Lenny Nangis on loan from Caen

View attachment 226107

Emre Can on loan from Bayern

View attachment 226108

Our initial budget was set at 1.7M so I could not do much other than add depth and we did that with our players we loaned in and adding Jordan to the back four. We have a lot of money to repay in loans so any money received for any players going out would not help or go torward the transfer budget.

TRANSFERS:
OUT:

Morten Nordstrand (Southampton F.C.)

View attachment 226109

Johan Absalonsen (Aston Villa)

View attachment 226110

Claudemir (A.C. Milan)

View attachment 226111

Bryan Oviedo (NAC Breda) loan

View attachment 226112

View attachment 226194

START OF THE REGULAR SEASON

"My first month in charge here went a lot smoother than expected thanks to the staff that this club has and some additions to it that I made at the very beginning of my employment. Hopefully things will continue to run as smooth going forward."

----------

SuperLiga - Match #1

View attachment 226197

Sorry for not having a screenshot of this match, we completely dominated and I don't know what I was thinking or why I didn't capture the screenshot.

"The match started off very well and we scored on average every 10 minutes or so. They looked unorganized, out of position and it showed with this scoreline. They could not stop Dame N'Doye who scored 4 goals and helped on 2 others. Clearly the man of this match."

SuperLiga - Match #2

View attachment 226204

"Lenny Nangis was quality the entire 90 minutes today. He ran the opposition ragged. He scored his hat trick and helped with another giving him 4 points for the match. This young man is only 17 years old but has a bright future in this game. I sure am glad we signed him on a season long loan from Caen, he's proving he's a baller so far."

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

View attachment 226205

3rd Qualifying Round - Leg 1

View attachment 226206

"I was pleased we got the away goal that I was looking for. We didn't play terrible, we played pretty well actually and only lost in the last 5 minutes which stings a little bit but we will welcome them to Parken for the 2nd leg and we know how excited and what sort of atmosphere to expect when they arrive to play on our ground."

SuperLiga - Match #3

View attachment 226207

Again, I do appologize for getting ahead of myself and not capturing a screenshot of the match itself.

"Not really anything to write home about. I thought we should be winning matches like this by 5 or 6 to nil. We took the three points so I will not complain to much. Not a bad way to end July."

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

View attachment 226205

3rd Qualifying Round - Leg 2

View attachment 226215

View attachment 226216

"We were solid across the board today with Cesar Santin scoring 2 goals to put us through by a 4-2 aggregate score. I am very pleased with the win and the fans will be pleased with this one."

SuperLiga - Match #4

View attachment 226217

"Another great game by Dame N'Doye, if he continues to play like this I dont expect him to stick around long. He has a release clause in his contract of 13.5M and with the way he is playing I can see somebody bettering that and stealing him away from us. I hope to continue to get solid performances from him but nervous about losing him at the same time."

SuperLiga - Match #5

View attachment 226218

"Solvi Ottesen had a magnificent match today while scoring a goal. He was solid at Centre back and he's great in the air at set pieces, scoring his goal on a header from a beautiful ball in by Pierre Bengtsson. We are certainly moving in the right direction and taking a little momentum into the playoff stage of the Champions League."

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Champions League playoff - Leg 1

View attachment 226219

"A great performance at Parken Stadium where the fan's made a big difference in my opinion. The 2 goals scored by Dame N'Doye didn't hurt either but it was the fan's who made the biggest difference tonight. Defence was spectacular as well. All in all a wonderful match for the entire squad."

SuperLiga - Match #6

View attachment 226220

"Just a poor performance from everyone involved. I will take most of the blame for not having the lad's ready for this League match. Maybe we got caught looking ahead to our 2nd leg in the Champions League against Partizan. That will not happen again!"

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Champions League playoff - Leg 2

View attachment 226221

"Dame N'Doye scored the deciding goal to put is through to the group stages of the Champions League. I knew we had it in us and I'm proud of the boys for having gotten through. Time to turn our attention back to the League for now and start looking to the Danish Cup.

SuperLiga - Match #7

View attachment 226222

"Christian Grindheim played a wonderful match today scoring a brace and assisting on the other 2 goals. Clear MOM. Very proud of the way we are playing team football right now and not just as individuals. If we can continue to play as a team like we have been playing then I see no reason we do not at the very least win a double this season."

Danish Cup - 3rd Round

View attachment 226223

"Martin Bergvold was sensational in this match scoring a goal and assisting on another. I am far from pleased with this score as I feel we should be winning this match by 6 or 7 goals the way we have been scoring. I did play Nangis up top with Can in the middle with Bergvold and Grindheim. Getting some of the young players some playing time so maybe that's what it is. We will get back to scoring in time."

August Review

"I am very pleased with how this month went. We advanced to the group stages of the Champions League, we moved on to the 4th round of the Danish Cup and we are currently atop the SuperLiga. I hope we can continue to have the success we have had early on here at F.C. Kobenhavn and look forward to moving into the future and winning as much silverware as possible."

Thanks a lot. I will get into the month of September next and do the entire month of September and October. Thanks for following boys. I will be back with another update shortly.

yeah looks good not the country i would manage in but good luck

I didn't really know where to start honestly so I figured that Denmark would be a challenge and it has been as you will see in the next couple of updates. Just curious, which country would you manage in?

My goal here is to start in Denmark and end up in England in the Premier League with a particular team .... ;)

I didn't really know where to start honestly so I figured that Denmark would be a challenge and it has been as you will see in the next couple of updates. Just curious, which country would you manage in?

My goal here is to start in Denmark and end up in England in the Premier League with a particular team .... ;)

i tend to stick to the big leagues my fave at the moment is italy, dno y but latley i have been trying some of the less known leagues such as belerus,romania would you recomend the danish league

i tend to stick to the big leagues my fave at the moment is italy, dno y but latley i have been trying some of the less known leagues such as belerus,romania would you recomend the danish league

Absolutely. I think if you go with either F.C. Kobenhavn, OB, or AAB you would have a fun, long save that you do not get bored with. There are not many restrictions with foreign players, etc. It's one of the funnest leagues I have ever managed in. I would say give it a shot mate and let me know what you think.

Tried to put an update up last night and the formatting was all wrong so before I could figure out why I got tired and said i'll do the update tonight or tomorrow for sure.

Absolutely. I think if you go with either F.C. Kobenhavn, OB, or AAB you would have a fun, long save that you do not get bored with. There are not many restrictions with foreign players, etc. It's one of the funnest leagues I have ever managed in. I would say give it a shot mate and let me know what you think.

Tried to put an update up last night and the formatting was all wrong so before I could figure out why I got tired and said i'll do the update tonight or tomorrow for sure.

yeah will take a look and let u kno as i will need help with what players to bring in...when i take a look

yeah will take a look and let u kno as i will need help with what players to bring in...when i take a look

You will find it tough regardless of what team you decide to manage with in your first year in Denmark as far as transfer budget goes. I would honestly say stay away from OB because of the debt that comes with the club and the owner not knowing weather or not he wants to keep or sell the club. I'm not sure about AAB but OB are always in "takeover" talks. F.C. Kobenhavn have some big loans to pay back but that happens rather quickly with one of the two loans. They are in secure financial position month after month beginning in the second year and I made a total of 32M profit at the end of my first year with Kobenhavn, the board even added an additional 864 seats to Parken Stadium. Give it a shot, you will enjoy it. I say go with Kobenhavn and we can compare stories!! Cheers

SuperLiga - Match #8

View attachment 226567

"Martin Bergvold had a reall solid match in midfield assisting on 2 goals in this win. Glad to keep us moving in the right direction in league play. Great team effort."

View attachment 226568
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE​

Group Stages - Group A

View attachment 226569

"We did well to steal a point here, we didn't even deserve that if I'm being honest. Solid match from Ragnar Sigurosson. We certainly have things to work on if we are to make it to the round of 16."

SuperLiga - Match #9

View attachment 226570

"We should have won this game by a score of at least double. Look at the shot attempts. Possession was a little disappointing but we will take the 3 points and continue to move forward."

SuperLiga - Match #10

View attachment 226571
"Another solid performance by the lad's and we continue to push ahead and distance ourself from the rest of the teams in the league. Solvi Ottesen was magnificent in this match, hopefully much more from him."

SuperLiga - Match #11

View attachment 226572

"The entire team played well, a little disappointed giving up the goal but it will happen, hopefully we can grab a shutout next time out. I'll take 3 points for sure though."

View attachment 226568
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE​

Group Stages - Group A

View attachment 226573 ​

"We had nothing for David Villa today as he set up all 3 goals. I completely blame myself and bad game planning for this loss as I decided to put major focus on Messi and while he didn't score Villa certainly had a field day. The right team won on this day."​

REVIEW OF SEPTEMBER
A pretty solid month really. I would have liked to pick up at least a point in the Barca match but it wasn't to be. I love that we are in commanding position in the league and we still are alive in the Danish Cup. As long as we are in these competitions we certainly have a shot at winning them.​
----------

NEW FIRM DERBY
View attachment 226574

SuperLiga - Match #12

View attachment 226575

"Ragnar Sigurosson had another very good match scoring 2 goals, both from corners and assisting on another. This guy is proving to be a stud in central defence, hopefully he can continue this form and stay healthy."

SuperLiga - Match #13

View attachment 226576
"Another solid match within the league, I am really happy with how we have been playing in the league and juggling multiple comptetitions. I didn't think our younger players would be up for such a challenge domestically and in Europe. At least not this soon."

View attachment 226568
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Group Stages - Group A

View attachment 226577

"Nothing more to say other than this was very embarassing, I will take a lot of the blame for not having the players ready but we didn't show up at all today. I can certainly promise we will not ever be beaten like this ever again. Terrible showing."

SuperLiga - Match #14

I appologize for not capturing a screenshot of this current match, for some reason it just skipped my mind. We did end up beating Silkeborg by the score of 3-1 at their place."
Danish Cup - 4th Round

View attachment 226578

"Complete shock and I am very annoyed to go out of this competition at this stage. We didn't execute today and didn't really show up with a lot of determination or focus so we deserve to lose hold on the Danish Cup."

SuperLiga - Match #15

View attachment 226579

"Another match where we dropped points, first time we have dropped any points in the league this year so far. FC Midtjylland has become a real pain in my *** and for some strange reason their manager think's I'm "one of the nicest people in soccer" ... Good thing he didn't see my post game speech."

REVIEW OF OCTOBER
Certainly not the month we had in mind. In a month where we were embarrased at home in the CL and knocked out of the League Cup we did continue to perform well in the league, about the only positive I can take away from October. We were brought back down to earth and it really opened my eye's and showed me that there are some major changes needed if this squad is to be consistant in ALL competitions.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Group Stages - Group A

View attachment 226580 ​

"Away to Germany for our 2nd match against Dortmund, the first was a complete humiliation and I am determined not to let that happen again. We certainly played well away from home and it reflected in the final score as we took away a single point from this match. All in all I am a pretty happy guy."

SuperLiga - Match #16

Of course another match where I screw up and do not collect a screen shot of this match against Lyngby. We did end up winning away from home 2-0 for another 3 points in league play. Good win for us."​

SuperLiga - Match #17

View attachment 226581

"Cesar Santin played well today scoring 2 goals as we completely dominated in this match. I really wish we could play like we did today week in and week out and not just in the league but in Cup play and in Europe as well."

SuperLiga - Match #18

View attachment 226582

Dame N'Doye really had a great showing today as he ran circles arond the opposing defence and midfield. He scored a brace and assisted on another goal as we ran out big winners today."

View attachment 226568

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Group Stages - Group A

View attachment 226583

"From Russia with love!! We finally got the ellusive win today in the CL. A solid match from Thomas Delaney. Is there hope? Time will tell."​

SuperLiga - Match #19

View attachment 226584

"Dame N'Doye was again to credit for our 3 points in the league today. He scored a goal and helped with another as we were never really as close as the score looks. Great result heading into our last CL match in group play."

View attachment 226568
 ​
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Group Stages - Group A

View attachment 226585

"Another 3-1 defeat and I'm starting to think that we are not quite ready for this level of play with some of our injuries and the youth within the squad. Better luck next year."

REVIEW OF NOVEMBER
We will certainly have only the league to try and capture now as we officialy ended any hope of advancing in the CL by losing another match to Barca. We were humbled, we grew up a lot as a team and a staff and we will be better off for having gone through this moving forward."
----------

SuperLiga - Match #20

View attachment 226586

"We go 20 points clear of 2nd place OB but they have a match in hand. I love our position halfway through our league year but I cannot hide the disappointment in Cup play and in Europe. I thought we certainly had it in us to make it to the round of 16 in the CL and retain the Danish Cup. Both of those competitions will have to wait until next year now as our focus will be solely on the league."​

We are moving along nicely in the league and unfortunately that is the only competition left for us to win this year. I will have the rest of the season update posted tonight. Thanks for following mate!

I just got an update from my assistants that I only need 9 points to sew up the league title. I think we should be able to achieve that in our first 3 or 4 matches after the winter break. I will finish the rest of the season tonight when I get done with work. Again, thanks for following and guy's if your reading, let me know. Should I continue the story or no? Cheers guy's!

continue mate its gd to see nd a want to see u win a european cup lol

Back