The rise of the lions - An F.C. Kobenhavn story

View attachment 226862

TRANSFERS
IN:

Cedric Bakambu (Sochaux-Montbeliard) loan

View attachment 226863

I'm very excited to bring this young lad in. He is a French youth international with a lot of pace and I can imagine him now up top with Zahore and N'Doye, **** of a strikeforce. We took him on loan from FC Sochaux-Montebeliard, maybe an eventual outright transfer?

Thorgan Hazard (RC Lenz) loan

View attachment 226864

Younger brother of Eden Hazard, took this kid on loan from RC Lenz to add a little depth to our midfield. I doubt he would want to join on a transfer at the end of his loan spell but we will see.

Daniel Haas (Hoffenheim) loan

View attachment 226866

Wiland was hurt so we were relying on a young GK Lasse Gram-Jensen at the age of 17 to play for us up until now, we took this keeper on loan from Hoffenheim and **** did we need him to come in and play right away, the young boy did a solid job but has a long way to go until he is ready for first team football at this club.

----------

TRANSFERS
OUT:

Kim Christensen (West Brom) transfer

View attachment 226868

Cesar Santin (Santos) loan, season long

View attachment 226869

Christian Bolanos (Cagliari) transfer

----------

All in all im happy to add a little depth to the squad and send a few players out who were nearing the end of their contracts. I had no use for Christensen who was getting up in age and wasn't the sort of keeper I was looking for.

Cesar Santin wasn't in form and was being outplayed by N'Doye, Zahore, Nangis, among others. I loaned him hoping to make the move permanent at the end of the loan.

Christian Belanos played well when he was brought into the team and actually played he just didn't fit what we were trying to do as far as a team goes. He was a really solid AMC, AMR but we didn't need a single player in that position, I was looking for 3 forwards, 3 midfielders to utilize my 4-3-3 formation that has worked so far this season.

View attachment 226870

FRIENDY'S

----------

We had a couple of friendlies at Parken, one at the end of January and the other a few day's later. The first match was .....

Boca Juniors 2 - 1 F.C. Kobenhavn

"Not quite the result we were looking for but we played a lot of young players and got some of our newer players acclimated to the way we play football. It is also important for us to get going and get the right chemistry into the team for after the winter break."

River Plate 4 - 2 F.C. Kobenhavn

"I feel particularly bad for the fan's who were up for this match, clearly our players were not ready to go and I'll take the blame for that. We are trying different players to get the right players together to make our run for the SuperLiga title this year."

Viktoria Plzen 1 - 3 F.C. Kobenhavn

"We got back to our winning way's, maybe the tweek in the lineup is starting to come together, the players love the formations that we use and the tempo we run with during matches. Hopefully more of the same to come."

JJK 0 - 6 F.C. Kobenhavn

"Great match, I'm starting to love the way these guy's are playing. I think I finally found a guy who can help Zahore be more effective in Bakambu, we already know Dame is a beast and can single handly beat just about any defender in the world, this addition is bound to help everyone at the club and be an anormous boost to the squad."

Kiffen 0 - 9 F.C. Kobenhavn

"Nothing to really say about this match other than, dayummm!! They got knocked the **** out!. Really proud of the way the boys played today, let's see more of the same, the team is really starting to gel and come together. Thank god!"

View attachment 226997

SuperLiga - Match #21

View attachment 226998

"Not really the result I was looking for coming back from the winter break. I certainly hope this is the only point we drop for the rest of the season. I will take the point and move on but im not happy about this at all."

SuperLiga - Match #22

View attachment 226999

"A great match from Bakambu as he scored a brace and had a wonderful match. I am pleased with the 3 points and wouldn't have settled for anything less against a team like this."​

SuperLiga - Match #23

View attachment 227000

"A hat-trick from Kenneth Zahore and this young lad has been magical all year long, he is only 17 yet and still is developing and playing with the U-19's for Denmark. Was recently called up by the Danish first team but did not get to play in the match. Looking forward to big things from this kid."

SuperLiga - Match #24

View attachment 227004

"Not the prettiest of win's but I will take the points over attractive football. I will leave the attractive football to teams like Barcelona, etc. I just want points and I'll take 1-0 everytime over playing pretty football."

SuperLiga - Match #25

View attachment 227006

"Zahore scores again and continues to impress the entire staff and some of the older players. I am glad the veterans and leaders of this squad are taking time with him in training and helping him with any and everything he needs help with. He is wonderful to work with, so eager to learn and alway's has the right attitude needed to succeed in this game."

SuperLiga - Match #26

View attachment 227007

"Cedric Bakambu scored twice and continued his successful loan spell here in Copenhagen. If he continues this form up I will try and sign him on a permanent basis here. We will see."

SuperLiga - Match #27

View attachment 227008

"Terrible match from the entire squad. We were lazy, didn't want to win and didn't. I am somewhat glad that we lost this match as the focus in this team was starting to wane in the last month of so of the season. Maybe the boy's are looking ahead and are ready for the break at seasons end."

SuperLiga - Match #28

View attachment 227009

"Christian Grindheim was the clear MOM with 3 assists as we ran out easy winners on this day. Great regrouping effort by the entire squad. Hopefully we can win out."

SuperLiga - Match #29

View attachment 227010

"Zahore scores another 2 goals as we wrap up the league title. We dropped 4 points since the winter break so it took us a little longer than I would have liked but nonetheless we ended up winning the league as expected and we repeat as SuperLiga Champions. A lot of critics are saying that I won with Roland Nilsson's team and I can accept that until next year."

SuperLiga - Match #30

View attachment 227011

"I'll take this point as we ran up against the hottest team in the league since the winter break. This OB team will only get better and with new ownership on the verge they could have a big cash injection and make some major moves in the transfer market this summer. Time will tell."

SuperLiga - Match #31

View attachment 227012

"Another goal from Dame N'Doye and what a season he is having. I doubt he will make it through the next transfer window as Lyon, Bayern & A.C. Milan are showing interest. Hopefully we can rework the contract with no release clause like he currently has."

SuperLiga - Match #32

View attachment 226998

"A hat-trick for Dame, this guy is probably the best player I have ever been associated with and is a joy to manage and watch play the game. Sometimes I get caught up watching him play rather than managing him, maybe more of a fan than his manager but that's the quality showing through. Has scored 36 goals in 40 matches in all competitions. **** good if you ask me."

SuperLiga - Match #33

View attachment 226999

"We ended the year with a win away from home but the fans that traveled with us certainly let us know how proud they were to be crowned SuperLiga champs for the third consecutive year. I expect a major ovation when we arrive back home to Copenhagen."

----------

END OF YEAR REVIEW

"All in all I have to be disappointed with our play in the Danish Cup and in Europe. I honestly thought we had it in us to win the cup double with the League and Danish Cup staying in Denmark. My goal in Europe for this season was the last 16 and we came up a point short of accomplishing that. I look forward to next season where my goals will be the exact same, a cup double and the last 16 in the CL. Proud to keep the league trophy here in Copenhagen though.

----------

"I decide I need my first vacation since arriving in Denmark and have plans to meet my girlfriend in Bora Bora for a few days and nights before flying back stateside for a week then returning to Denmark to get back to work on the season ahead.

View attachment 227016

"We arrive at Raiatea Airport on the island of Raiatea in the French Polynesian, from there we board a boat after meeting Mr. Keani, our butler from the St. Regis resort where we will be staying. He loads our luggage onto the boat and we are off to Motu Ome'e. This place is absolutely stunning and I am about as relaxed as I have been in the last 7 months since arriving in Denmark from the US."

View attachment 227017

"The vacation was spectacular but it's now time to get back to the states to visit my parents as I have not seen them in months. I am itching to get back to Denmark and ready to get to work on the season. I have high expectations for this year and just know that we are going to do very well. I must say I am a little hesitant to leave this beautiful island but we will certainly be back to do this again next year."

Ok, good. I will post an update tonight when I get home from work. I have the full 2nd year ready for update, not sure how long that will take but I will get as much of it in as I can tonight, and if I do not get it all done, then tomorrow will have the full 2nd year update. Thanks again for following.

Back