Status
Not open for further replies.

eddybw

Reaction score
The Rise of the Magpies

notts-county-new-logo.jpg

8th July 2009

SKY-SPORTS-NEWS-cmyk.png

We have breaking news coming in from our Nottingham correspondent that Notts County boss Ian McParland has left the Magpies and they are in search of a new manager. It is thought that a relatively unknown manager has entered the frame, Edward Whatling. It is believed that the club and Edward are in negotiations and he should be signing a 1 year rolling contract presently.

svengoranerikssonnotts.jpg

Peter Trembling the clubs Chairman has released the following statement.

"It is our pleasure to welcome Edward Whatling the new manager of our proud football club Notts County. We share a vision of what we can become and believe firmly that Edward is the man that can achieve these targets."

There will be a press conference live on Sky Sports News at 12am tomorrow presenting Edward as the new manager of Notts County.

July 9th 2009

Following the press conference given by new Notts County Edward Whatling we have some key targets that he believes the club can achieve.

1. Building a strong squad a team mentality
2. Playing football on the ground as a great man once said "If god wanted to play football in the air he would have put grass there!"
3. 5 Year plan of gaining promotion to the Premier League
2. 8 Year plan of qualifying for the Champions League
3. 10 Year plan of winning the Premier League

From this we can really see that the Chairman and Edward have a great vision for the future of Notts County and I think its safe in saying we are all keen to keep a close eye on how this goes!

Team Analysis

Expectations.jpg

First things first having a look at the current squad that I have and deciding on where it might need to be improved.

Teamanalysis.jpg

After sending the two loanee players back I decided to build my squad around free transfers. I have decided that the way I want to play football is having a very fluid front attacking force so to do this I have opted for a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 formation. his will allow my front 4 to rotate and be creative as well as allowing the wing backs to push up and support the attack leaving the 2 anchormen and centre backs to hold the fort. It was also possible to see that I had a quality goalkeeper in Schmeichel that wouldn't need replacing.

So I created a shortlist of players. Here is my shortlist.

Defence:

Bernard Olivier
Jean Joel Perrier-Doumbe
Tokic
Balde
Lauren
Danny Mills
Seck

Midfield:

Edgar Davids
Dietmar Hamann
Soley
Ivan Campo
Sibierski
Sylla
Van der Meyde
Skacel
Neil McCan
Denilson

Strikers:

Smolarek
Wiltord
Camara
Viduka
Zuma
Viola

Whilst trying to get some of these they couldn't be tempted to come to the North and fight for promotion with the Magpies. I did in fact sign 12 free transfers whilst letting 2 players leave on a free. I now believe I have a very strong squad that will allow me to contend in league 1 and the Championship when I progress.

Transfersin.jpg

My squad is now built around a core of top players, Zuma my main striker with Sibierski playing an advanced play maker role behind. Van der Meyde and Skacel on either wing, with Ben Davies and Mohammed Sylla as backup for those positions. Soley is my main anchor man to break up play and keep the ball moving. Ivan Campo is my deep lying play maker experienced in this role and can really dictate play.

My back line consists of Olivier Bernard at left back Bobo Balde and Mamadou Seck as centre backs and Jean Joel at right back.

Formation.jpg

Overall I believe I have a very strong squad and can push on.

Pre season coming soon. (Using the standard 1.0.3.0 patch) I believe

Indeed you have a very strong squad there. But van der Meyde is prone to injuries and he gets tired quickly.

Anyway, good luck pal! (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.