The Rise of the Red Star - A Crvena Zvezda Story

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
1670530539538.png

The Rise of the Red Star - A Crvena Zvezda Story

Welcome to my new save. Having dipped my toes into the water with Athletic Bilbao (too early in FM23) and then did 5 seasons with the Champions League Challenge I realised that my true heart is with a 1 team story save and I have decided to go with Crvena Zvezda (Red Star Belgrade).

Crvena Zvezda are the most successful team in the history of Yugoslavian/Serbian football with 33 league titles and most famously a European Cup which was won in 1991 when they beat Marseille. The aim of the save is to win the Champions League which will be incredibly hard, especially with the new Champions League format, and also when the opportunity arises to manage the Serbian national team.

This team ticks all the boxes for me - a lengthy domestic campaign (37 games) plus I have to have 1 U21 player in the starting XI and a maximum of 4 foreigners in the matchday squad - ideal for a one club / build a nation save.

1670613664333.png

PRE-SEASON

Pre-season was all about selling my old players to make way for some new signings and also some of the many (literally a couple of dozen) top youngsters at the club although in the end I only promoted 3 into the first team fold.

I could go into my player sales but you dont know the players so there is no point lol. They all moved on for minimal fees so I will just post my signings...........

--

PLAYERS IN

My biggest signing was that of Mirko Topic from Vojvodina for £1.2m. He is a decent midfielder and will get plenty of game time for us. I have several promising CMs in my youth squads (I have a B team, U19 team and a U19 B team!!) but despite that I moved to bring him in.
topic.png

My next signing was not planned. Having thought that I had done my business I just had a browse for a striker on the off chance and came across 18y/o Petar Ratkov. I paid £700,000 to TSC to bring him in and I am excited to have him and he will be my first choice striker. At 6ft 4 he is a unit but he is quick and with 15 finishing and heading he will be a force to be reckoned with methinks!!!!
ratkov.png

Next up is an experienced centre back who once apon a time cost £17m!! I brought in Nikola Maksimovic on a free transfer after his release from Genoa. He will slot straight into the first team and alongside Dragovic will provide me with an experienced pairing at the back. He previously played for the club too.
maksimovic.png

I wanted to sign a new keeper and went into the loan market to get Ognjen Lukic who has just turned 19. He was at the club previously but I paid Reims £400,000 to bring him in for the season and I can purchase him for £1.6m also. I have high hopes for him so lets see how he gets on.
lukic.png

Finally I paid Ajax £350,000 for Mateja Milovanovic. He will play for my B team to develop.
mm.png

--

SQUAD

Goalkeepers
KEEPERS.png

Lukic may be behind just now but I am going to make him first choice in the hope that I can get him permanently in the future. I have 1 top prospect in the ranks and a half decent 26y/o at my B team.

--

Defenders
defenders.png

Ignore Stankovic - he will play at CM. Dragovic and Maksimovic will play in the middle while Erakovic will be my right back and Rodic will play on the left. I promoted Azarovi while Milunovic is a 33y/o who I cant get rid of.

--

Midfielders

midfield.png

Not only do you have to add Stankovic to this list but also half a dozen prospects in the system!!!! The dimunitive (he is 5ft 5) Kinga Kangwa will partner Ivanic in midfield while Katai (LW), Kanga (AMC) and Bukari (RW) will be my attacking midfielders. Topic will get plenty of games and I am excited about the prospects of Mijatovic, Motika and Stankovic.

--

Forwards

forwards.png

From thinking I was going to go with Pesic or maybe promoting Bubanj from the youth team to finding Ratkov and having someone that I am pinning my hopes on. We shall see.

--

SEASON HOPES

We kick off the campaign with our toughest fixture possible - away to Partizan Belgrade - but my focus is on the Champions League although we wont get in to action there until next month. Domestic domination is a must for me and if we can make the group stages of the Champions League I will be delighted.​

1670664537151.png

JULY

partizan.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic (Gobeljic), Maksimovic, Dragovic, Rodic, Topic, Ivanic (Stankovic), Bukari, Kanga (Nikolic), Katai*, Ratkov (Pesic)

I couldnt have got a tougher first fixture so I am delighted with this result. Bukari had us in front at the break and then Katai scored with a free-kick to double our advantage. They pulled a goal back but barely threatened afterwards.

--

radnicki.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic, Dragovic, Rodic, Topic, Ivanic (Stankovic), Bukari*, Kanga, Katai, Ratkov (Pesic)

A decent enough win although I am annoyed with the goal conceded. Kanga scored a screamer from 30 yards but Ratkov really struggled up front.

--

cukaricki.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic, Dragovic, Rodic, Topic, Ivanic, Bukari (Mijatovic), Kanga (Mitrovic), Katai (Motika), Ratkov*

Petar Ratkov got off the mark here with a well taken hat-trick. His first 2 goals were great finishes and his 3rd was an absolute fluke but I am not complaining. Cukaricki actually played pretty well.

--

vozdovac.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic, Dragovic, Rodic (Azarovi), Topic (Kangwa), Ivanic, Mitrovic (Mijatovic), Kanga (Motika), Katai*, Ratkov

A fine away victory. Katai was in inspired form with 2 goals while 17y/o Jovan Mijatovic got off the mark for the club with a thunderbolt.

--

napredak.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic (Gobeljic), Maksimovic, Dragovic, Rodic, Topic (Kangwa), Ivanic, Bukari, Kanga (Motika), Katai (Mitrovic), Ratkov

We were shocking here. Their goal was a worldie but there is no excuses for not winning this match - especially at home.

--

vojvodina.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic, Dragovic*, Rodic (Azarovi), Kangwa, Ivanic, Bukari, Kanga (Mitrovic), Katai, Ratkov

Finally we get a clean sheet! We scored twice early on but I am disappointed we didnt add to the scoreline in the 2nd half when they had a man sent-off.

--

SUMMARY

We crammed in 6 league matches this month and all went relatively well. We beat Partizan Belgrade away on matchday one and then got 4 other victories although our draw at home to Napredak Krusevac was an abhorration. Regarting my players Ratkov had a horrible start but then got a hat-trick and scored in every match thereafter.

In the Champions League qualifiers we will play Dinamo Batumi of Georgia so I would us expect us to go through against them and see who waits in the next round.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALEKSANDAR KATAI
katai.png

--

SUPERLIGA
JULY.png

1670678141969.png

AUGUST

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 3rd Qualifying Round 1st Leg
dinamo.png

Lineup
- Lukic, Erakovic (Gobeljic), Maksimovic, Dragovic, Rodic, Kangwa (Mijailovic), Ivanic (Stankovic), Bukari, Kanga, Katai, Ratkov*

Very nice. Ratkov got his 2nd hat-trick of the season as we easily beat Dinamo Batumi. I may play some of my backups in the 2nd leg now.

--

spartak.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic, Dragovic, Rodic (Azarovi), Kangwa, Ivanic, Bukari*, Kanga, Katai, Ratkov

We were 3-0 up at half time and cruising and then we threatened to throw it all away as we conceded twice. Our defense needs to sharpen up!!!

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 3rd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
batumi.png

Lineup
- Lukic, Gobeljic, Erakovic (Lekovic), Dragovic, Azarovi, Topic, Stankovic (Nikolic), Mijatovic (J.Mituljikic), Mitrovic (Knezevic), Motika, Pesic*

My backups and youngsters came out to play here and they did well although it was a first choice player who got us on our way. Pesic scoring a hat-trick gives me a selection headache mind you.

--

javor.png

Lineup - Lukic, Gobeljic, Maksimovic, Lekovic, Rodic*, Kangwa, Ivanic, Bukari (Mijatovic), Kanga (Mitrovic), Katai (Motika), Ratkov

We get the win but we have to convert our chances better. A rare clean sheet though!

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path Playoff 1st Leg
ferencvaros.png

Lineup
- Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic (Pankov), Dragovic, Rodic, Kangwa (Mijailovic), Ivanic (Stankovic), Bukari, Kanga*, Katai, Ratkov (Pesic)

I am very pleased with this result as we take a lead back to Serbia although the red card changed things massively in our favour.

--

1923.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic (Gobeljic), Maksimovic (Lekovic), Dragovic, Rodic, Kangwa, Ivanic, Bukari, Kanga, Katai, Ratkov*

Ratkov scored a brace here to make it 7 games in a row that he has scored in in the league.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path Playoff 2nd Leg
3-3.png

Lineup
- Lukic, Erakovic (Gobeljic), Maksimovic, Dragovic, Rodic, Kangwa*, Stankovic, Bukari, Kanga (Mitrovic), Katai (Motika), Ratkov

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE HERE WE COME!!!!

What a match this was! Ratkov put us ahead but then got sent-off and then in the 2nd half they levelled but Bukari scored a stunner to give us back our 2 goal advantage on aggregate. Then everything went wrong as they scored 2 quick goals but just when extra-time was looking like a formality Kings Kangwa was played in and he tucked it past their keeper to take us through to the group stages.

--

tsc.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic (Gobeljic), Maksimovic (Pankov), Lekovic, Rodic (Azarovi), Kangwa, Ivanic (Stankovic), Bukari, Kanga (Mitrovic), Katai, Ratkov*

Another 2 goals for Petar Ratkov!!!! Thats 8 league games in a row that he has scored in now.

--

kolubara.png

Lineup
- Lukic, Erakovic, Lekovic (Pankov), Dragovic, Rodic, Kangwa, Ivanic (Stankovic), Bukari*, Kanga (Mitrovic), Katai (Motika), Ratkov (Pesic)

Ratkov's scoring run in the league ends here as he didnt have his shooting boots on. We created loads of chances but just didnt take them.

--

SUMMARY

I dont think I have had a 10pt lead at the top of the table by January before but that is the situation that we find ourselves in. Basically the league title is ours as Partizan Belgrade are already a whopping 17pts behind us!!!!!

Our main focus was on the Champions League though and having defeated Dinamo Batumi 8-1 on aggregate we then went on to play Ferencvaros. We defeated them 2-1 away when they had 10 men and then in the 2nd leg it was our turn to have 10 men and we drew 3-3 to book our place into the group stages and here is our group.......
group.png

Pretty tough!!!!! 3rd place will be a decent achievement but in reality it is all a learning experience at the top table of European football.

No further signings were made but I did offload the 33y/o CB Milunovic for £87,000 and promoted 18y/o Stefan Lekovic in his place.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PETAR RATKOV
PETAR.png

--

SUPERLIGA
AUG.png

1670689816862.png

SEPTEMBER

rs.png

Lineup
- Lukic, Gobeljic (Stankovic), Lekovic, Dragovic*, Rodic (Azarovi), Kangwa (Mijailovic), Ivanic, Bukari (Mijatovic), Kanga, Katai, Ratkov

We move 13pts clear at the top of the table with this win over the 2nd placed side. Kanga missed a 2nd half penalty unfortunately.

--

UEFA Champions League Group G
fenerbahce.png

Lineup
- Lukic, Erakovic (Gobeljic), Maksimovic, Lekovic, Rodic (Azarovi), Kangwa, Ivanic (Mijailovic), Bukari, Kanga, Katai, Pesic

This match was absolutely bonkers!!! We were 2-0 up, 3-1 up and 4-2 up so you would expect me to be seriously ****** off at not winning but we scored 4 goals with only 3 shots on target!!!!

--

pazar.png

Lineup - Lukic, Gobeljic, Maksimovic, Lekovic (Pankov), Azarovi, Topic, Stankovic (Sljivic), Mijatovic, Kanga*, Katai (Motika), Ratkov

I rested several players for this match so to score 4 goals is pleasing especially since 2 top prospects, Mijatovic and Motika, got goals.

--

liverpool.png

Lineup
- Lukic, Erakovic (Gobeljic), Maksimovic (Pankov), Dragovic, Azarovi, Kangwa (Mijailovic), Ivanic, Mijatovic, Mitrovic (Nikolic), Motika, Ratkov (Pesic)

This game would have been hard enough with my first choice XI let alone playing with my backup LB and 3 attacking midfielders. At least we made it respectable. My first defeat as Crvena Zvezda manager.

--

gat.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic (Gobeljic), Maksimovic, Dragovic (Lekovic), Rodic*, Kangwa, Ivanic, Bukari (Mijatovic), Kanga (Mitrovic), Motika, Ratkov

We end the month with a comprehensive victory as we smash 5 past Mladost GAT. Kanga missed another penalty here.

--

SUMMARY

Our lead at the top is now 14pts after this month - incredible!!!! I expected a few failures when I came to the club but 1 shameful draw aside we have been perfect. God knows how big the lead will become by the end of the season!

In the Champions League we had a thrilling 4-4 draw with Fenerbahce before Liverpool easily beat us 3-1. If we beat Fenerbahce at home I fancy our chances to get 3rd spot and a Europa League place.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KINGS KANGWA
kangwa.png

--

SUPERLIGA
sep.png

1670787819778.png

OCTOBER

View attachment 609411

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic, Dragovic, Rodic, Kangwa*, Ivanic (Stankovic), Bukari, Katai, Motika (Mitrovic), Ratkov (Pesic)

Mladost are bottom of the table but they were seconds away from getting an unlikely point here however Stefan Mitrovic tapped in a goal in the 3rd minute of injury time to give us the points thankfully.

--

psg.png

Lineup
- Lukic, Erakovic (Gobeljic), Maksimovic (Lekovic), Dragovic (Pankov), Rodic, Kangwa (Topic), Ivanic, Bukari, Mitrovic, Katai, Ratkov (Pesic)

Meh. We actually played quite well and their expected goals was only 2.42 while ours was 2.13 yet we end up getting a hiding. Pesic has 7 goals this season - all in the Champions League.

--

spartak.png

Lineup - Lukic, Gobeljic, Maksimovic (Lekovic), Dragovic, Rodic*, Kangwa (Topic), Ivanic (Stankovic), Bukari (Mijatovic), Mitrovic (Nikolic), Motika, Ratkov

Not our greatest performance but at least we got all 3 points. Motika has come into the side recently and scored a couple of goals which is pleasing.

--

1-6.png

Lineup
- Lukic, Gobeljic (Stankovic), Erakovic, Lekovic, Rodic, Topic, Ivanic (Kanga), Bukari (Mijatovic), Mitrovic, Katai (Motika), Ratkov (Pesic)

We took the lead here and well after that everything went wrong including Stankovic coming off the bench for 10min before getting sent-off.

--

pazar.png

Lineup - Lukic, Gobeljic, Erakovic, Lekovic (Pankov), Rodic (Azarovi), Topic, Ivanic (Stankovic), Bukari*, Mitrovic (Kanga), Katai, Ratkov

A standard win. Ratkov had a goal disallowed which denied him his hat-trick.

--

Kup Srbije 1st Round
sloboda.png

Lineup
- Lukic, Gobeljic, Pankov, Lekovic, Azarovi, Topic (Mijailovic), Stankovic, Mijatovic (Mustapha), Mitrovic, Motika*, Pesic

My backups got another run out here and they got the win. Stankovic got off the mark for the season while Pesic finally scored in a competition other than the Champions League.

--

radnicki.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic (Stankovic), Maksimovic, Dragovic, Azarovi (Gobeljic), Topic, Ivanic (Nikolic), Bukari, Kanga (Mitrovic), Katai*, Ratkov

We just keep on winning in the league and an unbeaten campaign is on the cards.

--

1-5.png

Lineup
- Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic (Lekovic), Dragovic (Pankov), Rodic, Topic, Ivanic (Nikolic), Bukari, Kanga, Motika (Mitrovic), Ratkov (Pesic)

For an hour or so we were matching them and then we collapsed which was extremely diappointing.

--

vozdovac.png

Lineup - Lukic, Gobeljic (Stankovic), Maksimovic, Dragovic, Rodic, Topic (Mijailovic), Ivanic, Mitrovic (Bubanj), Kanga (Nikolic), Motika, Ratkov*

5 goals, a hat-trick for Ratkov and a brace for Ivanic - happy days however conceding 3 goals is not good enough.

--

SUMMARY

The games keep coming!!! We have just finished October and we have already played 19 out of our 37 league fixtures for the season - bonkers!!!! Looking into our future schedule I see we dont play from December to February so that makes sense now. You must get some really hard winters in Serbia.

In the Champions League we suffered heavy defeats to PSG and Liverpool unsurprisingly which means we have to beat Fenerbahce at home to get a Europa League spot as they somehow got another draw against one of the big 2.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PETAR RATKOV
RATKOV.png

--

SUPERLIGA
OCT.png

1670787831534.png

NOVEMBER

fenerbahce.png

Lineup
- Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic, Dragovic, Azarovi (Gobeljic), Topic, Stankovic (Nikolic), Bukari (N.Mituljikic), Kanga, Motika (J.Mituljikic), Ratkov

We have European football after Christmas!!!

This was an entertaining game and we just won it thanks to a late goal from Nikolic. We ended the game with several backup players on the pitch so I am delighted that we won through.

--

vojvodina.png

Lineup - Lukic, Gobeljic, Lekovic, Vukicevic, Azarovi (Duric), Mijailovic, Stankovic (Nikolic), Mitrovic (Katanic), Kanga*, Motika, Pesic (Bubanj)

Despite dropping points for only the 2nd time this season I am happy with this result as if you look at our lineup we only had 2 first choice players playing while Vukicevic, Duric and Katanic all got minutes and they werent even on my radar before this fixture!

--

partizan.png

Lineup - Lukic*, Erakovic (Gobeljic), Maksimovic, Dragovic, Rodic (Azarovi), Topic, Ivanic, Bukari, Kanga (Mitrovic), Motika (Katai), Ratkov (Pesic)

Fantastic. We had to wait to get the goals as we scored two late on but earlier Ratkov had an unbelievable effort ruled out for offside. His replacement got the opener though.

--

SUMMARY

Just the 3 games this month but they were 3 huge games. First off was a huge game against Fenerbahce in the Champions League and we won that thanks to a late goal from Nikolic which put us in the Europa League where we will play Feyenoord.

Next up was Vojvodina and despite having nearly my entire first choice team unavailable we managed to get a point and we followed that up by defeating Partizan Belgrade in the Eternal derby thanks to 2 late goals.

We now have a 3 month break!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GUELOR KANGA
kanga.png

--

SUPERLIGA
nov.png

1670877119178.png

FEBRUARY

tsc.png

Lineup
- Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic, Dragovic, Azarovi (Gobeljic), Kangwa, Topic (Sljivic), Bukari, Katai, Motika*, Ratkov

We return to work after 3 months holiday and hit the ground running with 4 goals in the first half and 3 in as many minutes. I am a bit disappointed that we didnt add to the scoreline in the 2nd half but beggars cant be choosers. Ratkov notched his 30th goal of the season here.

--

javor.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic, Dragovic, Azarovi, Kangwa, Ivanic, Bukari*, Katai, Motika (Mitrovic), Ratkov (Bubanj)

21pts clear at the top of the league now with 42 left to play for.

--

UEFA Europa League Knock-Out Playoff 1st Leg
feyenoord.png

Lineup
- Lukic, Erakovic (Gobeljic), Maksimovic (Pankov), Dragovic, Azarovi (Rodic), Kangwa (Topic), Ivanic, Bukari, Kanga, Katai*, Ratkov

A fine victory but I fear that we are in for a tougher time in the 2nd leg.

--

UEFA Europa League Knock-Out Playoff 2nd Leg
1-3.png

Lineup
- Lukic, Gobeljic (Stankovic), Maksimovic, Dragovic (Pankov), Azarovi, Kangwa, Ivanic (Topic), Bukari, Kanga, Katai (Mitrovic), Ratkov

Close but no cigar. They were far better than us and had 2 goals disallowed but we arent too far off their level so that is encouraging.

--

1923.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic (Stankovic), Maksimovic (Lekovic), Dragovic, Azarovi (Rodic), Kangwa, Ivanic (Sljivic), Mijatovic, Kanga (Mitrovic), Katai*, Ratkov

I could go on forever about this match!!!! They had 4 shots on target and they all went in but deep into stoppage time they had a man sent-off and Mijatovic pounced to get his 2nd of the game and our winner.

--

SUMMARY

We returned to action after a 3 month gap and everything is largely the same - we score a ton of goals and we concede to many too!!!!

We had some crazy encounters including the 5-4 win over Radnicki 1923 but the Europa League games against Feyenoord were the big fixtures and despite beating them 3-2 at home we were knocked out in the 2nd leg.

As for transfers I sold Pesic for £400,000 but promoted Bubanj and Sljivic into the first team squad and signed a prospect for my B team for £450,000. I still have nearly £2m to spend but where we are at just now it would be foolish to blow that.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALEKSANDAR KATAI
KATAI.png

--

SUPERLIGA
FEB.png

1670916974667.png

MARCH

Kup Srbije 2nd Round
cup.png

Lineup
- Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic (Pankov), Dragovic (Lekovic), Rodic (Azarovi), Kangwa (Topic), Ivanic, Mijatovic, Kanga*, Katai (Motika), Ratkov

A boring victory to see us through but Kangwa suffered an injury and his season is all but over unfortunately.

--

kolubara.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic, Dragovic, Rodic, Topic*, Ivanic (Sljivic), Mijatovic, Kanga (Mitrovic), Katai (Motika), Ratkov (Bubanj)

I had meant to drop Mijatovic for Bukari but forgot and he duly put us in front in the first minute. After that we struggled and it looked as though we would drop a couple of points but thankfully Motika headed in a corner late on to give us the win.

--

rs.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic, Dragovic (Lekovic), Rodic, Topic*, Ivanic (Sljivic), Mijatovic (Bukari), Kanga (Motika), Katai (Mitrovic), Ratkov

We really struggled here and only just got the win. We need to step up a gear.

--

cukaricki.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic, Dragovic, Rodic, Topic, Stankovic (Sljivic), Bukari, Kanga*, Katai (Motika), Ratkov

Another narrow victory but one that takes us a whopping 27pts clear at the top of the table.

--

SUMMARY

We just plodded along this month with 4 uneventful victories but off the field things were more interesting. Firstly we had the youth intake which was average but there were 2 sales which happened immediately.

Basically I sold Guelor Kanga (£675,000) and Milan Rodic (£400,000) to Russian clubs and I forgot that rather than leave at the end of the season they would depart straight away!!!! I suppose it isnt a bad thing as it will give a couple of youngsters a run in the team and a couple more will get promoted to the first team set up but it was a bit silly of me!!!!

--​

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MIRKO TOPIC
TOPIC.png

--

SUPERLIGA
MAR.png

1670920844249.png

APRIL

gat.png

Lineup
- Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic, Dragovic, Azarovi (Stojsavljevic), Topic, Ivanic (Stankovic), Bukari, Mitrovic (Knezevic), Katai, Ratkov*

At half-time things werent looking good but we came through in the end and I handed debuts to Stojsavljevic and Knezevic.

--

napredak.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic (Lekovic), Dragovic, Azarovi*, Topic, Ivanic, Bukari (Mijatovic), Mitrovic (Knezevic), Katai (Motika), Ratkov (Bubanj)

Once again we just do enough. Azarovi got his first goal for the club and that proved to be the winner. He has a big couple of months ahead of him if he wants to be my left back for next season.

--

mladost.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic (Gobeljic), Lekovic, Dragovic, Azarovi, Topic, Stankovic (Sljivic), Bukari (Mijatovic), Mitrovic (Motika), Katai*, Ratkov (Bubanj)

CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Katai scored with 2 free-kicks early on and I was expecting a big win against the bottom side but it didnt materialise frustratingly however this win gives us the title before the league splits - 7 games to go.

--

2-1.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic, Dragovic, Azarovi (Stojsavljevic), Topic (Sljivic), Stankovic (Ivanovic), Bukari (Mijatovic), Mitrovic, Katai, Ratkov*

Just the 32pts clear at the top and an unbeaten league campaign is still on the cards!

--

Kup Srbije Quarter-Final
1-0.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic*, Dragovic (Pankov), Azarovi, Topic, Ivanic, Mijatovic, Mitrovic (Knezevic), Motika (Nikolasevic), Ratkov (Bubanj)

We book our place in the semi-final but alas my B side Graficar were knocked out by Cukaricki.

--

partizan.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic (Gobeljic), Maksimovic, Dragovic, Azarovi (Stojsavljevic), Topic, Ivanic (Stankovic), Mijatovic (Motika), Mitrovic, Katai, Ratkov*

This is our toughest match left on paper so I am delighted that we got a win thanks to a hat-trick from Petar Ratkov.

-

2-0.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic, Dragovic*, Azarovi, Topic (Sljivic), Ivanic, Mijatovic (Bubanj), Mitrovic (Knezevic), Katai (Motika), Ratkov

Another win and another step closer to an unbeaten league campaign. Ratkov has scored our last 7 goals in the league.

--

SUMMARY

We head into the final month of the season having been crowned champions and we are 4 games away from an unbeaten league campaign and if we win the cup semi and then final an entire domestic campaign.

One other piece of news is that I made the permanent signing of our 19y/o keeper, Ognjen Lukic, who I paid Reims £1.6m to make him a permanent signing and he should be our keeper for a good while I would think.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PETAR RATKOV
RATKOV.png

--

SUPERLIGA
apr.png

1670939078753.png

MAY

tsc.png

Lineup
- Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic, Dragovic, Azarovi, Topic, Ivanic, Mijatovic, Mitrovic*, Katai (Motika), Ratkov

We keep winning and Ratkov (9 goals in 4 league games) keeps scoring. Mitrovic has had a run of starts and been very quiet but he got the MOM award here with an assist.

--

radnicki.png

Lineup - Lukic, Stankovic, Maksimovic, Duric, Azarovi, Topic, Ivanic, Mijatovic, Mitrovic (Knezevic), Katai (Motika), Ratkov*

We reach 101pts for the season while Andrej Duric had a debut that he would rather forget as he got sent-off late on. This was a fans day at the club and was apparently a roaring success.

--

Kup Srbije Semi-Final
semi.png

Lineup
- Lukic, Erakovic (Stankovic), Maksimovic, Dragovic, Azarovi, Topic, Ivanic, Mijatovic (Bukari), Mitrovic (Motika), Katai*, Ratkov (Bubanj)

Into the final we go and we will come up against Partizan Belgrade when we get there.

--

vojvodina.png

Lineup - Lukic, Erakovic, Maksimovic, Dragovic, Azarovi (Stojsavljevic), Topic, Ivanic, Bukari (Bubanj), Mitrovic, Katai (Motika), Ratkov

1 game away from being the invincibles.

--

4-2.png

Lineup - Lukic, Stankovic (Gobeljic), Lekovic (Pankov), Dragovic, Azarovi (Stojsavljevic), Kangwa, Sljivic (Nikolic), Bukari (Bubanj), Mitrovic*, Motika, Ratkov

WE ARE INVINCIBLE!!!!!

At half time and a goal down I was worried that we were going to chuck it away on the final day of the season but I neednt have worried. Ratkov got a brace (51 for the season), Mitrovic and Motika got the others while Kangwa was fit enough to start after a long lay-off.

Our 4 goals scored takes us up to 100 for the season.

--

Kup Srbije Final
final.png

Lineup - Lukic, Stankovic, Maksimovic, Dragovic, Stojsavljevic, Topic, Ivanic (Kangwa), Bukari (Motika), Mitrovic, Katai, Ratkov

WE WIN THE DOUBLE!!!!!

We were 2-0 up and cruising but they hit us with a quickfire double and then all of a sudden we were in danger of losing but up popped Ratkov to slide the ball home from 6 yards and the cup was ours.

--

SUMMARY

We end the season by winning the cup and having a totally unbeaten domestic campaign - not bad for a first season!!!! Ratkov banged in the goals, Mitrovic began to perform at AMC thankfully and everything went well!

End of season post to follow.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PETAR RATKOV
petar.png

--

SUPERLIGA
may.png

1670956564823.png

SEASON REVIEW

As debut seasons go this one cannot be matched - certainly not in domestic terms as we went through the entire season undefeated domestically to claim the treble. We drew only 2 league games and won the title by a whopping 38pts - I have never won the league by such a huge margin before.

Domestic success was always on the cards though and it is in Europe where we are really going to be judged. We managed to reach the money spinning group stages of the Champions League but we were put into a group with PSG and Liverpool so we got some hidings but we managed to scrape into 3rd place which put us into the Europa League. There we faced off against Feyenoord and although we won at home in the first leg we came unstuck in the 2nd leg.

Regarding my players the main story was the emergense of Petar Ratkov. I signed him for £750,000 and the teenager smashed in 52 goals for us to claim the European Goldent Boot!!!! The likes of Mitrovic, Motika, Lukic, Azarovi and Mijatovic also had breakthrough seasons while my major signing, Mirko Topic, was immense.

The squad will look far different for next season however as I am selling several old timers to promote some younger players and hopefully I will be dipping my toes into the transfer market and I have £13.5m to spend which is very healthy.

--

SUPERLIGA

TABLE.png

--

SQUAD

squad.png
squad2.png

--

MY PLAYER &YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON
PETAR RATKOV
EURO.png

Is it possible to see a screenshot of your tactic + instructions because it looks like yours is doing pretty well - i can't get any of mine to work