kelanf7

Reaction score
This is a joint story with Liverpool4ever​

images

13234_news.jpg

Villa manager Gerard Houllier has parted company with the club.

The Villa directors ended Houllier's six-month reign even though results were starting to pick up

"I'd rather have stayed as manager but I leave on good terms with everybody. I may have left Villa, but Villa will not leave me," said Houllier.

Villa owner Randy Lerner said: "The board decided change was necessary if we were to realistically challenge for the title next season."

Alan Curbishley and Rafael Benitez are favourites to take over from Houllier.

But BBC Sport understands Chris Hughton is not among the frontrunners to succeed the Frenchman.

Bet365.gif

Alan Curbishley 3/1

Rafael Benitez 5/1

Phil Brown 7/1

Martin Jol 10/1

Fabio Cappello 25/1

Sven Goran Errickson 30/1

rafael-benitez_1351578c.jpg

is he coming back?​

Houllier axed by Randy Lerner

Houllier-Aston-Villa.jpg

Gerard Houllier today has been sacked by Aston Villa Chairman Randy Lerner after a dissapointing run of games.

"I am very sad to leave Villa. It feels like I haven't just left Villa, a part of myself was left at Villa. Even though I was there for a relatively short time, It also took a relatively short time for me to get attatched with the players. I wish Aston Villa good luck on there future endavours." Houllier told the reporters from Sky Sports earlier.

Next Aston Villa Manager

3/1 Frank Rjkkard
5/1 Martin Jol
7/1 Chris Hughton
10/1 Rafael Benitez
25/1 Ian Holloway

images

Martin Jol Hired

jol_martin_thfc_profile_2005new.jpg

Martin Jol has quit as manager of Dutch side Ajax after a poor run of form by the four-time European champions and joined Aston Villa

The former Tottenham boss left the Amsterdam club after a 1-1 draw with NEC Nijmegen on Saturday which put them fourth in the Dutch Eredivisie.

Jol was one of the names linked with the manager's job at Newcastle after the dismissal of Chris Hughton Last week

Jol, 54, was coach of Tottenham from 2004 until 2007 before he was replaced by Spaniard Juande Ramos.

After spending the 2008-09 season with Hamburg, Jol joined Ajax and guided them to second in the league last season, won the Dutch Cup and qualified for the Champions League.

Martin Jol will be hoping to lighten up the mood at Villa Park after the recent departure of Gerard Houillier.

Who Will He Be Targeting?

players_136846.jpg

David Hoillet

Demba_Ba.jpg

Demba Ba

Giovani-dos-Santos-entrena-nuevo-club.jpg

Giovanni Dos Santos

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:42 PM ----------

What do you think so far guys?

It's good, unfortunately i won't be joining as i already have a partner to do one with

Benitez joins Villa

Rafael-Benitez.jpg
http://sixgconsultants.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Rafael-Benitez.jpg

Former Inter Milan and Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has been hired at Villa Park as there new manager following the sacking of another former Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier.

Rafael Benitez has even been dubbed a "master tactician" in his days at Liverpool, which included him winning the UEFA Champions League in the 2004-2005 season, presenting one of the best and biggest comebacks in football, coming back from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 and go on to win the match on penalties.

Benitez is looking foward to life at Aston Villa, as he is said to be confident about his chances of improving Villa's fortunes.

Benitez has already stated that he will be relying on his key players, such as Stewart Downing, Ashley Young, Gabriel Agbonlahor and Richard Dunne to bring glory to Aston Villa.

Benitez has already been linked with Liverpool winger Milan Jovanovic, who is said to be unsettled at Anfield.

Pre Season

image-2-for-aston-villa-s-open-training-session-gallery-792724906.jpg

​

Tour Of Belgium

Vs Oostende 5-2
Carew 2, Dessena, Dunne, Clark

John_Carew_605844.jpg

Vs Tournai 5-1
Abonglaor 3, Bannan, Burke

23876_news.jpg

Vs Roeselare 3-1
Cuellar, Dunne, Heskey

Vs OH Leuven 2-1
Sidwell, OG

Vs Scunthorpe 0-0

Vs Linfield 4-0
Abonglahor 3, Cuellar

CUELLAR-Carlos-0809_1269694.jpg

Transfers

In ->

Hoilett - Loan

David-Hoilett-Blackburn-Rovers-Pre-Season-PA_2355002.jpg

Dessena - Loan

dessena2.jpg

Park Ji Sung - 4mill

images

Leigh Griffiths - 300k

_45696964_leightgriffiths_282b.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

August Update

Aston-Villa-celebrate-aft-001.jpg
 ​

Away To Man UTD
Lost 1-0

Dimitar-Berbatov.jpg

Home To Travia
Won 3-0
Hoillett (3)

DavidHoilett_633882607854643750.jpg

Away To WBA
Drew 0-0

Aston-Villa-vs-West-Brom-300x225.jpg

Away To Travia
Won 3-0
Petrov, Young, Park

stiliyan_petrov_1463556c.jpg

Home To Arsenal
Drew 1-1
Heskey

pg-62-heskey-getty_117203t.jpg

Player of The Month

David-Hoilett-Blackburn-Rovers-Pre-Season-PA_2355002.jpg

young David Hoilett​

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:29 PM ----------

September Update

Home To Newcastle UTD
Won 1-0
Abonglahor

agbonlahor_26261t.jpg

Home To Aris
Won 2-1
Abonglahor, Dunne

image-6-for-aston-villa-v-blackburn-the-match-in-pictures-gallery-551151431.jpg

Away To Birmingham
Won 2-0
Park (2)

images

Home To Newcastle (Cup)
Won 1-0
Dunne

richard-dunne.jpg

Home To Stoke
Lost 1-0

images

Away At Unirea
Won 4-1
Delfounso 2, Abonglahor 2

39921_news.jpg

Player Of The Month

_45295339_gabby_getty.jpg

Gabby Abonglahor​

Looking good mate just add a bit moire detail and you'll get more people following

Yeah i will try to from now on mate, just waiting for LIVERPOOL4EVER to catch up Lol

Sorry guys about the lack of updates, planning on doing a massive update sometime tommorow. Sorry everyone about the wait, but when the update comes tommorow im sure you will all be happy you waited for it.

October

West Ham 0-3 Villa

Goals from Gabriel Abonglahor, James Collins and Junior Hoillett secured a very good away win for Kelan Florentine and his Lads. Villa Dominated the game with over 50% of the Possesion.

A Good Away Day For The Villans

Villa 0-0 Fulham

A very boring draw between two midtable teams. Not many chances were created on the day, only a golden chance for John Carew which he somehow managed to put wide.

Disapointing Draw For The Villa.

Liverpool 1-1 Villa

A front post flick from Steven Ireland gave Villa a point at Anfield. Villa dominated periods of the game but Liverpool snached a second half equaliser from Humberto Suazo.

Good Draw For The Villa

Villa 1-0 Juventus

A Wonderful goal from Gabriel Abonglahor gave Villa a historical win over Juventus today. Juventus never really got going and failed to get their main players into the game, due to terrific defending from the likes of James Collins and Richard Dunne

A Historic Win For Villa

Villa 2-0 Bolton

Goals from Gabriel Abonglahor and James Collins gave Villa a solid win against a tough opposition in Bolton. Villa had plenty of shots but failed to score or test Boltons Keeper!

A Easy Win For Villa

Blackpool 2-3 Villa (Cup)

Goals from Dunne, Downing and Dessena gave Aston Villa a good win at Premier League strugglers Blackpool. Blackpool had recovered from 2-0 down but a late Winner and First Goal for Dessena gave Villa a spot in the Quater Finals.

Quater Final Draw - Villa vs City

Wolves 0-1 Villa

A Screamer from Stylian Petrov gave Aston Villa a Vital win at City Neighbours Wolverhampton Wanderers. Villa left it late with Petrov's goal coming in the 84th Minute. Wolves had Dominated the game but failed to add the finishing touch

Villa Win Away

October in Pictures

BOLTON-V-ASTON-VILLA-001.jpg

Aston%20Villa%20vs%20Wolverhamton%20Wanderers%20Live%20Stream%5B9%5D.jpg

Aston-Villa-vs-West-Ham.jpg

liverpool-v-asstonvilla.jpg

It didn't take long for Rafa to make his mark at Aston Villa, signing three players which came up to a total of £15,000,000.

javi_garcia11705da5_630x354.jpg

Javi Garcia - £10,000,000 - Benfica
Javi Garcia: An all round midfielder, can attack, defend, and on a overall dominate the midfield. He is incredibly good at heading the ball and also marking and tackling players. His physical attributes contribute towards his dominant style of play. Garcia has yet to be capped for the senior Spain international squad although he did win 9 youth caps.

josue1.jpg

Josue - £5,000,000 - Wolfsburg
Josue brings experience and stability to the Villa team. He is what Benitez refers to as the "water carrier" somewhat like Mascherano and Lucas was at Liverpool under Rafa Benitez. Josue is said to be looking foward to life at Villa and is sure to become a big hit at Vila Park.

SantaCruzG1608_468x306.jpg

Roque Santa Cruz - Full Season Loan - Manchester City
Benitez has moved for former Blackburn hitman Roque Santa Cruz on loan. Santa Cruz is believed to be surplus to requirements at the City of Manchester stadium and is looking to be leaving the club on a permanent basis very soon.

August and September updates cooming tommorow!

LIVERPOOL4EVER has quit fm base, but i may carry this on!