The Rise of Wales - Carmarthen Town 2.0

Loving the thread mate, made me sign up to the site so I can follow your progress further! Just come back to FM after dabbling with it managing Tranmere on FM16. Started unemployed this year and took a job with Carmarthen.

Had quite a shock when you signed Tom Creamer from conwy... I'm originally from there and he's a mate of mine!

Keep up the good work hopfully you can seal that league title!

Lovedoc - Quater-Finals! Thats one **** of an achievement! How many seasons did that take?

Thanks TheBattman!

Cheers theilupo! Gad you're enjoying the story, i've been super busy recently so not had a chance to continue, but finally found a bit of time to continue. No Way! he's one of my better player to be honest, say thanks to him for me haha

March

View attachment 55478View attachment 55477

A couple of poor results to end the month essentially puts the title out of our reach, leaving us battling to hold on to 2nd. A guaranteed spot in Euopa League Qualifying is all but within our reach, as long as we can fend off Connah' Quay on the run in.

A new one-year contract has been signed with the board, allowing me to continue the club's growth in Wales and Europe.

View attachment 55475

The final 3 game of the season...

View attachment 55476

April + May

View attachment 54948
View attachment 54947

We didn't exactly end the season with a bang, hitting our worst ever form, as we lost 5 games on the trott. Fortunately Connah's Quay weren't able to capitalise and we managed to hang on to an automatic European spot on goal difference. Our bad run also left us trailing in the wake of TNS despite looking like title contenders just 5 games ago!

The board have agreed to fund my next coaching qualification, which should help boost both my reputation and training ground presence.

View attachment 54946

Next up end of season stuff...

View attachment 54936

End of Season Review 2018/2019

The end of the 2018/19 season shows some minor improvements across virtually all competitions as we begin to emerge as one of the leading Welsh sides. My main objective was to push for the title this season and we managed to achieve that to sorts...(ignoring the last 5 games).

View attachment 54945
View attachment 54944

The Welsh Premier League continues to flourish in Europe, rising up another 10 places despite any major successes.

View attachment 54943
View attachment 54942

Our first European campaign ranks us on the leaderboard amongst a couple of other Welsh sides.

View attachment 54941
View attachment 54940

A couple of top end finishes moves us into 5th place in Wales and a regular top half of the table contender. Watch your back TNS!

View attachment 54939
View attachment 54938

Not exactly an ideal draw for our first qualifying round, going up against the much more experienced, Elfsborg. Although progression to the second round looks doubtful we can hopefully generate some decent revenue from the 2 fixtures.

View attachment 54937

Scheduling preseason

Nomadic, how are you scheduling your preseason? I'm also managing in Wales and I'm having a real hard time to get the players in good condition for the first games of the season, in the CL qualifying round.

The only thing you can really do is set the pre-season to the maximum amount of time and try schedule in some friendlies as soon as possible before the Qualifying Round. It still doesn't work that well and the players recovery time is extremely slow, so don't play a game at least a week before (possibly a bit more)

Europa League First Qualifying Round

View attachment 54115
View attachment 54114

There was to be no upset in our Europa League Qualifying, losing 2-0 on aggregate to Swedish side Elfsborg. I had expected a much heavier defeat and was pleasantly surprised with how we competed over the 2 legs.

The cushioning blow to the loss was the financial income, as we saw a very tidy, £191k enter our bank through prize money in addition to the increased gate receipts.

View attachment 54113

Bangor and Connah's Quay also fell at the first hurdle...

View attachment 54112
View attachment 54111

However, TNS managed to progress all the way through to the 4th and final qualifying round, before being dumped out by Rangers!

View attachment 54110

Pre-Season

View attachment 54059

A pretty successful pre-season against some rather mediocre teams none the less. The visit of Burnley U23's attracted a pretty decent crowd, but were outclassed for the majority of the game.

Despite having a pretty successful season across all domestic competitions, the bookies are predicting us to finish 7th in the League, one place lower than last year! I guess it takes all the pressure off us as I look to challenge for the title.

View attachment 54058

The prize money generated through our last couple of seasons in Europa has given me a pretty big transfer budget to work with. Unfortunately there aren't really any players that want to come play in the Welsh Premier League...

View attachment 54057

I did however, bring in a couple of players including Australian striker, James Demetriou. The 21k was a compensation fee after i approached to sign him at the end of his contract, but I wasn't too fussed due to the lack of talent on the market.

View attachment 54056

So here is my new Australian striker. He should be a leading player in the league and can help add a bit of firepower up front.

View attachment 54055

The board have also agreed to invest some of our money into improving our junior coaching and youth recruitment.

View attachment 54053
View attachment 54052

August

View attachment 53537
View attachment 53536

A perfect start to the season as we manage to overcome last seasons Champions on their own turf. It's obviously very early days in the season but the lads are looking in good nick and rearing to go. Let's hope the good time continue.

September is set to be a busier month as we get well and truly stuck into the season. We also begin our MG Cup Campaign against Port Talbot.

View attachment 53535

September

View attachment 53424
View attachment 53423

A solid month, keeps us at the top of the table. The real shock, however, is TNS who are lingering near the bottom of the table and are yet to win a game. If there poor form continues the title could potentially be up for grabs this season.

Another small personal accolade to add to my tiny collection as I pick up September's Manager of the Month Award.

View attachment 53420

Unfortunately Cardiff Met Uni got the best of us yet again this season as they knock us out of the MG Cup in the 3rd Round.

View attachment 53422
View attachment 53421

Octobers fixture list...

View attachment 53419