The Road To Best In The World - Turkey

Duzzy

Reaction score
View attachment 326656

In this story I will be attempting to make Turkey the best in the world. This doesn’t seem like much of a challenge but as I am half Turkish I would enjoy doing this story. Turkey starts off as 29th​ in the rankings so it won’t take too long to become the best (hopefully). I might add and make challenges along the way to make it more interesting. I am happy to listen to any suggestions of challenges.

Anyways let’s get this underway.

Key Players

Volkan Demirel

View attachment 326662

Volkan is a great keeper; he does lose it sometimes and can get booked a bit too much for a keeper in real life. But all in all he is a great keeper for Turkey.

Gokhan Gonul

View attachment 326663

Gokhan is easily the best right back for Turkey in the last 10 years. He has everything that makes a great right back. In my opinion he’s in the top 20 best right backs in the world at the moment.

Selcuk Inan

View attachment 326661

In my honest opinion this guy is the best CM in recent history for Turkey. He isn’t known much around the world but he deserves to be. This guy is champions league standard and we can see that this season. His vision is incomparable; He does play for Galatasaray but deserves more for how good he is.

Emre Belozoglu

View attachment 326657

I’ll admit it that I don’t like this guy in real life but I have to admit he is good in FM. I will keep him as captain for now.

Nuri Sahin

View attachment 326658

Really no introduction needed for this guy. He hasn’t performed to full potential this year but there were some factors to that. One of the reasons being Brendan Rodgers. I hope that Nuri will be able to perform well for his country.

Arda Turan

View attachment 326659

This guy is an absolute beast and is a guy I am going to be depending on to get us far. Every time I think of Arda with Turkey I think of Euros 2008. He was great for us grabbing assists and goals left, right and center.

Burak Yilmaz

View attachment 326660

Burak is a big part of my plans for Turkey. He is just a great player and I hope he can perform well for Turkey.

Ok that’s the Key players done. Now I know a lot about Turkey and the players available so sometimes I will call the players who deserve the spot. This means I might pick players who are not from the Gala or Fener and etc.

I hope you have enjoyed the intro and I hope you follow this story. I will be more than happy to read what you think of this story.

nice mate good luck!

Necip Uysal is a good player as well :) would work well behind Sahin and Inan!

MATCH 1: Friendly

View attachment 326664VS View attachment 326665

This was my first game in charge so I was hoping I could get a win. Emre Belozoglu got a last minute injury and had to sit this one out. Burak Yilmaz wasn't even called up to the squad due to injuries. Arda had just returned from an injury and I didn't want to risk any further injuries so therefore he started on the bench.

The Team

View attachment 326672

3-0

Subs:

OFF: Hakan Balta ON: Hasan Ali Kaldirim (65)
OFF: Nuri Sahin ON: Arda Turan (65)
OFF: Alper Potuk ON: Mehmet Topal (84)
OFF: Caner Erkin ON: Sabri Sarioglu (84)

Goals:

Mevlut Erdinc (32, 75)
Arda Turan (79)

Thoughts:

I am happy to get off to a good start. Arda showed a class of brilliance scoring just after coming. Mevlut put in a great performance and put Burak's spot in the team in jeopardy.

Last edited:
nice mate good luck!

Necip Uysal is a good player as well :) would work well behind Sahin and Inan!

Thanks mate :)

I was close to putting Necip Uysal in the team but I decided to go with Alper Potuk instead. He played well during last weeks internationals and I thought I'd give him a chance. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

World Cup Qualifiers Match 1

View attachment 326794 VS View attachment 326795

Finally! This will be my first professional match in charge of Turkey and I hope for a good start with Arda and Burak both playing. We will be missing captain Emre Belozoglu again due to injury.

The Team

View attachment 326797

2-0

Subs:

OFF: Alper Potuk ON: Nuri Sahin (69)
OFF: Burak Yilmaz ON: Mevlut Erdinc (69)
OFF: Hamit Altintop ON: Umut Bulut (86)

Goals:

Selcuk Inan (59)
Arda Turan (88)

Thoughts:

Great start to the World Cup Qualifiers campaign. The team put in a good performance and deservedly got the win. Selcuk did miss a penalty but later redeemed himself by scoring a sublime freekick.

Thank you for all the feedback and I hope you all enjoy and follow this story
:)

World Cup Qualifiers Match 2

View attachment 326800VS View attachment 326801

I was confident with this game as Estonia didn't seem like much a challenge. Arda Turan was out due to an injury caused in the last match.

The Team

View attachment 326802

2-0

Subs:

OFF: Caner Erkin ON: Mehmet Ekici (72)
OFF: Mevlut Erdinc ON: Burak Yilmaz (72)
OFF: Alper Potuk ON: Necip Uysal (86)

Goals:

Mehmet Ekici (74)
Hamit Altintop (86)

Thoughts:

This game looked like it was going for a draw but the substitutions made were crucial. Burak and Mehmet had a part in both the goals scored. I was impressed with both of them.

World Cup Qualifiers Match 3

View attachment 327537VS View attachment 327538

Even though this game was being played at Home I was thinking we might struggle with this match due to Holland being on form with scoring goals with Huntelaar and Van Persie both having 5-6 goals each in the tournament.

The Team

View attachment 327539

1-1

Subs:

OFF: Alper Potuk ON: Mehmet Ekici (75)
OFF: Arda Turan ON: Tuncay Sanli (75)
OFF: Gokhan Tore ON: Nuri Sahin (84)

Goals:

Burak Yilmaz (39)

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (79)

Thoughts:

I was annoyed that the match had slipped away close to the end. The team played well the first half but failed to do the same the second half. My team just sat back the second half thinking they had the game in the bag and all Holland kept doing was piling on the pressure and in the end the pressure got to the team.

World Cup Qualifiers Match 4

View attachment 327705VS View attachment 327706

After the game against Holland I was happy to have an easy fixture and I was hoping that I could stay on Hollands tail.

The Team

View attachment 327707

0-4

Subs:

OFF: Ersan Adem Gulum ON: Sedar Kesimal (82)
OFF: Hamit Altintop ON: Mehmet Ekici (82)
OFF: Gokhan Tore ON: Tuncay Sanli (82)

Goals:

Gokhan Tore (13)
Burak Yilmaz (23,27,43)

Thoughts:

As expected the team won with a good margin with Burak Yilmaz scoring a Hat-trick. This was nice to see and the team deserved the victory.

Group Standings

View attachment 327708

World Rankings

View attachment 327709

Friendly

View attachment 327730VS View attachment 327731

This was a friendly chosen specially by me as I see Poland being around the same level as Turkey. I wanted to keep the team up to the right standards as I didn't want to lose form or morale.

The Team

View attachment 327732

0-2

Subs:

OFF: Hamit Altintop ON: Gokhan Tore (67)
OFF: Emre Belozoglu ON: Necip Uysal (67)
OFF: Gokhan Gonul ON: Egemen Korkmaz (78)
OFF: Mehmet Ekici ON: Umut Bulut (78)

Goals:

Burak Yilmaz (8)
Umut Bulut (81)

Thoughts:

This game planned out better the expected. Poland had more of the ball and more shots on goal but my team were up for it today with top notch finishing. This match concludes 2012 for Turkey and lets hope the team carry on with this form into 2013 for a successful campaign.