The Roaring Tigers - A Hull City FC Story

clarky1683

Reaction score
View attachment 322519
Hull Appoint George Clark as Manager
Hull have confirmed the appointment of young manager George Clark. He has expressed his delight at the challenge he now faces at The Circle.

Welcome to my FM13 Hull City Story! I hope you all enjoy it! So let's get down to business!

Tactics
View attachment 322520
View attachment 322521

They aren't anything special or out of the ordinary, but that's because I don't want to over complicate things! However if you can think of any changes to these then please let me know.

Transfers

View attachment 322522

I wasn't given a massive budget, so I decided not to change too much. I asked the board for more money but they said no, however they have accepted my request to upgrade the Training and Youth Facilities!

Pre-Season Friendlies

View attachment 322523

A decent Pre-Season. It sets us up nicely for our first competitive game of the season against Oldham in the Capital One Cup.

Thanks for reading everyone! Any suggestions on how to improve are greatly appreciated! :)

Last edited:
View attachment 322526
Season Gets Underway (August)

(Capital One Cup 1st Round) Oldham Athletic 0-1 Hull City
Aluko

(nPower Championship) Hull City 1-1 Blackburn Rovers
Elmohamady

(nPower Championship) Sheffield Wednesday 0-0 Hull City

(nPower Championship) Hull City 2-0 Brighton and Hove Albion
Chester, McShane

(Capital One Cup 2nd Round) Hull City 2-0 Morecambe
Brady (2)

-----

Well it was a slow start with in the League with those 2 draws, but a solid 2-0 win at home to Brighton has put us well on course for our play-off ambitions. Also, I'm very happy that we have advanced through both rounds of the Capital One Cup, and I'm hoping we can get reasonably far in that competition, but as we have Sunderland at home in the 3rd round, it could be tricky.

-----

More Transfers
View attachment 322534

Guyon Fernandez brought in on loan (with a £1.1m agreed fee) to provide a bit more fire power up front.

-----

League Table

View attachment 322535

We are sitting comfortably in the mid-table area (which corresponds with our season objectives by the way).

-----

Player of the Month

View attachment 322536
Robbie Brady - Scored a brace against Morecambe to get us into the 3rd round, and produced a lovely cross assist for Chester against Brighton.

Thanks for reading! :)

View attachment 322591
An Unbeaten Month (September)

(nPower Championship) Hull City 2-1 Blackpool
Aluko, Faye

(nPower Championship) Leeds United 1-2 Hull City
Fryatt (2)

(nPower Championship) Middlesbrough 1-1 Hull City
Fryatt

(nPower Championship) Hull City 0-0 Huddersfield Town

(Capital One Cup 3rd Round) Hull City 3-1 Sunderland (aet)
Fryatt (3)

(nPower Championship) Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-0 Hull City

View attachment 322592

----

We went the whole month unbeaten, and managed to beat Sunderland too! Also, it was great to see Fryatt finally banging in some goals, and that hat-trick in the Capital One Cup was superb!

----

League Table

View attachment 322594

As you can see, only us and Bristol City haven't lost yet, and we are also doing well, sitting in 6th place. Let's hope we can continue to push on and get a 2nd-5th place finish come the end of the season.

----

Player of the Month
View attachment 322595
Matty Fryatt - Need I say why? Scored a brilliant hat-trick against Sunderland and banging in some important goals for us in the league.

Thanks for reading :) please leave any suggestions or improvements :)

Last edited:
Looking good mate impressive away win at Leeds. Have you been playing Cairney much? Normally turns out pretty well in my saves along with Chester

Looking good mate impressive away win at Leeds. Have you been playing Cairney much? Normally turns out pretty well in my saves along with Chester

Thanks mate :) Yeah Cairney and Koren are my two first choice CMs, and Chester is an absolute rock in defense!

View attachment 322715
Back Down to Earth with a Bump (October)

(nPower Championship) Hull City 2-2 Watford
Fryatt (2)

(nPower Championship) Nottingham Forest 0-0 Hull City

(nPower Championship) Hull City 1-2 Charlton Athletic
Faye

(nPower Championship) Burnley 1-1 Hull City
Fryatt

(nPower Championship) Hull City 3-0 Barnsley
Fryatt, Gedo, Rosenior

(Capital One Cup 4th Round) Liverpool 2-0 Hull City

View attachment 322717

----

Well.. that was.. not good. A really disappointing loss at home to Charlton! At least we managed to thrash Barnsley though. Also, I'm not too disappointed at losing to Liverpool because it was at Anfield, and they did play a pretty much full strength team.

----

League Table
View attachment 322720

We've dropped down a bit due to some torrid displays, but if we can rack up a few wins it'll put us right back in the race for promotion!

----

Player of the Month

View attachment 322727
James Chester - He has been a sturdy and reliable defender, and over the last 5 games has an average rating of 7.28. Still young too, and can only get better!

View attachment 322806
Improvements (November)

--nPower Championship--

Derby County 0-3 Hull City
Aluko, Quinn, Bruce

Hull City 2-1 Cardiff City
Koren, Cairney

Hull City 0-1 Bolton Wanderers

Leicester City 1-2 Hull City
Fernandez, Fryatt
Bristol City 2-0 Hull City

Hull City 3-1 Peterborough United
Aluko, Fryatt (2)

View attachment 322825

A mixed month to be honest. Some great wins but 2 annoying losses against Bolton and Bristol City.

----

The fine form of James Chester earned him a new contract, which I'm really pleased about. I hope he'll stay at the club for a long time, and maybe become a club legend!

View attachment 322829

----

--League Table--

View attachment 322831

Still in a play-off spot, but I really hope we can improve our form and become more consistent so we can challenge for automatic promotion as the points difference between us and the teams around us is small!

----

Player of the Month

View attachment 322835

Sone Aluko - Some great performances from the left winger, and he bagged a couple of goals too!

Good going man, Bolton looking strong though. Hopefully pinch second or maybe yourll have to suffer the dread of the Play-Offs!

Good going man, Bolton looking strong though. Hopefully pinch second or maybe yourll have to suffer the dread of the Play-Offs!

Cheers :) yeah, knowing my luck I'd lose in the play-offs!

Looks good mate you're doing well. Chester is such a good defender - one of the best in the championship. Chelsea bought him off me for 15mil in a previous save!

being from hull and being a mad tigers fan, its nice to see someone has given hull city a chance on FM2013. on my saves, Gedo always bangs in the goals for fun, do you not play him? I also found that when i buy/loan Ryan Shotton from stoke and set him to take long throw-ins, Chester gets goals like crazy as well!!!! anyway - keep up the good work and hope to see you updating soon! keep at it and I hope you do awesome!