• Thread starter Thread starter No7Lukeee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 14K

No7Lukeee

Reaction score
Some Shocking News:

View attachment 294043

Fans and players of Schalke 04 were left in shock today as Jens Keller officially resigned from the managerial position just 12 days after taking over.

The team were involved in some poor results just before Huub Stevens was sacked, And unfortunately Jens Keller was not the man to be able to fix that after suffering 3 defeats just 12 days into the managerial spot.

FC Schalke have since recruited another manager who go's by the name Luke Wilkinson, A former Sunday footballer and overall inexperienced manager, The clubs fans might not agree with the recruitment of Mr Wilkinson.

An interviewer from the clubs very own website was able to catch up with Mr Wilkinson and he was able to say a few words.

"I am very pleased and it really is a dream come true to be recruited as manager of Schalke, And I will do my absolute best to keep the team chasing for that title and essentially where the club should be. We have an amazing bunch of players here and obviously some may have to leave and some may come. I look forward to seeing what is in store for the club."

Last edited:
Pre-Season/August

View attachment 294305

Transfers

View attachment 294307View attachment 294306

Bought in the usual wonderkids in Wellington Nem and Adryan, Who both become monsters. And bought in Deumurci Mbokani from R.S.C Anderlecht who is a brilliant player. Some players left, And you may say why sell two youngsters? Well both Pliatikas and Kolasinac won't ever be good enough to compete for first team places, So decided to sell them on. And both Marica and Metzelder were surplus to requirements so they were sold to. I'm happy with my transfers.

Results

German Cup 1st Rd

Altludersdorf 1 - 5 Schalke

View attachment 294308

League

Schalke 3 - 1 Furth

View attachment 294309

League

Werder Bremen 0 - 1 Schalke

View attachment 294310

End of August League Table

View attachment 294311

Monthly Review

An absolutely brilliant start from the lads, There's been some standout performers this month and am looking forward to future performances. I've been playing young Julian Draxler who is an absolute monster, He's been coping so well and at the age of just 18 he is going to be one **** of a player when he's older. New signing Mbokani has also made an impact scoring a hattrick in the German Cup 1st rd match against Altludersdorf.

Standout Performer of the Month

Roman Neustadter

View attachment 294312

Been absolutely bossing it in midfield, Already topping the assists chart in the league with 3 assists in 3 games. He's another youngster at the age of 24 and what more could you ask for from a player who signed on a free transfer.

Last edited:
September

View attachment 294419

Results

League

Bayern Munchen 0 - 0 Schalke

View attachment 294420

Champions Cup grp F

Zilina 0 - 1 Schalke

Pukki

View attachment 294421

League

Schalke 2 - 0 Freiburg

Huntelaar(2)

View attachment 294422

League

Dusseldorf 2 - 4 Schalke

Draxler(2), Neustadter, Farfan

View attachment 294424

League

Schalke 2 - 0 Hannover

Mbokani(2)

View attachment 294427

End of September League Table

View attachment 294431

Monthly Review

Another brilliant month for us at Schalke, Continuing our unbeaten streak to 8 games. And some brilliant performances from the lads. Julian Draxlers name popping up again, This kid is AMAZING!. Excellent result against Bayern, Was fearing that game very badly but the lads did brilliantly to keep themselves in the game.

Julian Draxler

View attachment 294432

Been excellent throughout the first two months and has earned himself a starting spot in the first team for now. At the age of just 18 he is an excellent prospect for the future of football and Schalke.​

October

View attachment 294493

Results

Champions Cup

Schalke 1 - 0 LOSC Lille

Papadopoulos

View attachment 294494

League

Leverkusen 1 - 0 Schalke

View attachment 294495

League

Schalke 2 - 0 Wolfsburg

Mbokani, Papadopoulos

View attachment 294496

Champions Cup

Schalke 0 - 0 FC Porto

View attachment 294497

League

Mainz 0 - 3 Schalke

Holtby, Jones, Fuchs

View attachment 294498

German Cup 2nd Rd

Gladbach 0 - 1 Schalke

Huntelaar

View attachment 294499

End of October League Table

View attachment 294500

Monthly Review

A decent month this month, Adding another 9 points to our tally with 3 league wins. A dissapointing result against Leverkusen with the own goal from Papdopoulos but you can't win everything. We were excellent possession wise against Lille but really should of had more then one goal considering the amount of shots we had. A decent result against Porto although we really should of won with an easy chance from Huntelaar who hasn't been to good in front of goal so far so I hope he steps up his performances in the future. And finally we advanced to the 2nd round of the German Cup with a win over Borussia Monchengladbach who are actually a very good side with some brilliant players with the likes of Luuk De Jong and Granit Xhaka who are both excellent prospects.

Kyriakos Papadopoulos

View attachment 294505

It has to be the baby face him-self Papadopoulos, He's been a rock at the back and despite scoring an own-goal for Leverkusen to steal the win he has still been my standout performer for this month. He has even scored a few himself.​

Last edited:
Good start.. Rare to see any stories with teams from the Bundesliga.

Cheers buddy, And so very true. It's a shame cause the Bundesliga is one of the most explosive leagues in the world, So much talent and ALOT of young prospects. I'm from England but prefer the Bundesliga over the BPL any day.

November

View attachment 294660

Results

League

Schalke 1 - 0 Nurnberg

Papadopoulos

View attachment 294661

Champions Cup Grp F

FC Porto 1 - 0 Schalke

View attachment 294662

League

Dortmund 1 - 2 Schalke

Afellay, Huntelaar

View attachment 294663

League

Schalke 1 - 0 Gladbach

Afellay

View attachment 294664

Champions Cup Grp F

Schalke 5 - 1 Zilina

Draxler, Moritz, Hoger, Pukki, Mbokani

View attachment 294665

League

Hoffenheim 1 - 4 Schalke

Pukki, Matip, Neustadter, Afellay

View attachment 294666

League

Schalke 4 - 1 Frankfurt

Matip, Rode(OG), Papadopoulos, Afellay

View attachment 294667

End of November League Table

View attachment 294668

Monthly Review

And once again a excellent month for us, Just losing 1 out of 7 was brilliant, Unfortunately we didn't perform to well against Porto but If we did perform to a standard we've been playing at in the league, I'm pretty sure we would of won the game. Picking up 3 points at Iduna Park where we held off for a 2-1 victory over the reigning champions. Absolutely delighted with the lads once again this month.

Ibrahim Afellay

View attachment 294669

Has to be the little Dutchman this month, Been the standout performer by a mile, Although the young Finish striker Teemu Pukki has really come out of his shell with a few dominant performances. But Ibrahim has performed consistently well through-out this whole month notching up a few goals for him-self and some crucial assists for the team.​

December

View attachment 294797

Results

League

Stuttgart 0 - 1 Schalke

Pukki

View attachment 294798

Champions Cup Grp F

Lille 2 - 3 Schalke

Huntelaar(2), Papadopoulos

View attachment 294799

League

Schalke 2 - 1 Augsburg

Howedes, Wellington Nem

View attachment 294800

League

Hamburg 1 - 1 Schalke

Huntelaar

View attachment 294801

German Cup Rd 3

Schalke 3 - 0 Hertha BSC

Fuchs, Matip, Papadopoulos

View attachment 294802

(Completely forgot to get a picture of the league table, I apologize. But we were 1st at this point)

Monthly Review

Another decent month with only one downside, And that being the draw against Hamburg, We really should of won that match but unfortunately we just couldn't finish our chances. I think we had around 20+ shots with only 7 or 8 on target which is exceptionally poor accuracy. But aside from that a decent month with us going through to the knockout stages of the Champions Cup with a victory over Lille to finish 1st in our group. Also advancing to the next stage in the German cup with a win over Hertha Berlin in the 3rd round.

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

View attachment 294805

A good month for the Dutch striker notching in 3 goals in 2 games.​

January

View attachment 294861

Transfers

View attachment 294864 View attachment 294865

Bought in two wonderkids in Doria and Ademilson, Once again both become major superstars. And most of you would of heard of them both. But I also made another buy in Denys Garmash, Was the leading the assists chart in the Ukrainian Premier League by a mile and I was in need of a good playmaker with Holtby out injured. I may of over-payed a little but none the less a good signing. Obasi and Fahrmann both surplus to requirements, Probably should of got a little more then I did for Obasi but nevermind. Pukki and Adryan both go out on loan to wrack up some first team experience.

Results

League

Furth 0 - 2 Schalke

Huntelaar(2)

View attachment 294866

League

Schalke 3 - 0 Werder Bremen

Ademilson, Neustadter, Fuchs

View attachment 294867

End of January League Table

View attachment 294868

Monthly Review

A rather short month only getting in two competitive games with Friendly's taking up alot of the month. But none the less two more wins for us in the league to put us 7 points ahead in the title race. Ademilson scoring his first goal for the club after recently signing and Huntelaar adding two more goals to his scoring tally.

Ademilson

View attachment 294869

Has to be the Brazilian him-self, Ademilson. Joins from Brazilian side Sao Paulo and then scored just a few days after signing. Very happy with his performance and hope he keeps on scoring.​

Last edited:
February

Results

League

Schalke 2 - 2 Bayern

Wellington Nem, Afellay

View attachment 294930

League

Freiburg 0 - 0 Schalke

View attachment 294932

League

Schalke 1 - 0 Dusseldorf

Afellay

View attachment 294933

Champions Cup Knockout Stg 1 Leg 1

Galatasaray 5 - 0 Schalke

View attachment 294937

League

Hannover 1 - 1 Schalke

Holtby

View attachment 294938

German Cup Qtr Final

Schalke 1 - 0 Wolfsburg

Hoger

View attachment 294939

End of February League Table

View attachment 294940

Monthly Review

A very disappointing month for us this month, Suffering a HUGE shock defeat against Turkish side Galatasaray. And I thought we would smash them, Given our form that we were in but no, They came at us from start to finish. Johan Elmander scored two absolute screamers and had a fantastic game. The only notable result this month would be the draw against Bayern, Even then that's not to impressive considering our position in the league and the quality in our team. Other then that we are through the semi final of the German Cup.

Lewis Holtby

View attachment 294942

Been the dark horse in midfield, I haven't really said much about him but he's been fantastic all season, Assisting a few and even getting his name on the score sheet this month. Just a general talent in midfield.​

Thats not a bad price for Garmash in my second season as Dnipro he joined Atletico Madrid for £22million

Thats not a bad price for Garmash in my second season as Dnipro he joined Atletico Madrid for £22million

Ah ok, At the time I thought I may of over payed but obviously not, None the less he's a brilliant playmaker.

Great thread mate! Like you talked about, not many people seem to be starting games in the Bundesliga when it is by far the most exciting league in europe. I'm going to start a Hamburg save as I went to see them last year and fell in love with German football. I know they have no funds though and are in a bit of a bad way financially so see how I get on ......

Great thread mate! Like you talked about, not many people seem to be starting games in the Bundesliga when it is by far the most exciting league in europe. I'm going to start a Hamburg save as I went to see them last year and fell in love with German football. I know they have no funds though and are in a bit of a bad way financially so see how I get on ......

Thanks, Appreciate it. Yes, German football is very exciting and so very unpredictable. It's end to end stuff. Yeah Hamburg aren't in to good shape, But I'm sure with a few tweaks you could be doing so very well. Hamburg have a great little squad though.

March

View attachment 295416

Results

League

Schalke 3 - 1 Leverkusen

Ademilson, Afellay(2)

View attachment 295409

League

Wolfsburg 1 - 1 Schalke

Wellington Nem

View attachment 295410

Champions Cup 1st Knockout Stg

Schalke (1)1 - 0(5) Galatasaray

View attachment 295411

League

Schalke 3 - 0 Mainz

Draxler, Matip, Papadopoulos

View attachment 295412

League

Nurnberg 0 - 3 Schalke

Huntelaar, Garmash, Draxler

View attachment 295413

End of March League Table

View attachment 295414

Monthly Review

Another decent month with a few good results, But we really should of beat Wolfsburg, Who I must say have been in excellent form pretty much scrapping with Gladbach over that third spot. But then It comes to that terrible defeat to Galatasaray again, We were literally scrapping over nothing. There was no way we were going to pull anything back from that 5-0 defeat in the first leg.

Joel Matip

View attachment 295415

Been an absolute rock in that central defender position throughout the season so far, Absolutely brilliant.​

April

View attachment 295512

Results

League

Schalke 0 - 1 Dortmund

View attachment 295513

League

Gladbach 0 - 1 Schalke

Huntelaar

View attachment 295514

German Cup Semi Final

Bayern 1 - 0 Schalke

View attachment 295515

League

Schalke 1 - 0 Hoffenheim

Ademilson

View attachment 295516

League

Frankfurt 0 - 0 Schalke

View attachment 295517

End of April League Table

View attachment 295518

Monthly Review

A very poor month in our standards throughout this whole season. We were against our two main rivals this month and unfortunately lost both. We were absolutely dominating Dortmund throughout the whole game, But just one counter attack later we were losing and ended up losing the game through that one counter attack. Bayern are a very tough team to play against with the quality they have in there squad.

Ademilson

View attachment 295520

Didn't really have much to chose from due to the very poor month. Only scoring two goals in total this month, And one of them came from this guy. He basically got my vote due to his talent at such a young age.​

Back