SilentJay

Reaction score
THE RUN & GUN®

This is the first time I’m uploading a tactic (popping my cherry!), so I’m open to every possible suggestion out there. The goal is to try to hammer out the most efficient/winning tactic for everyone to employ.

THE FORMATION & THE INSTRUCTIONS

View attachment 244496
View attachment 244497

SHOUTS

TO GET BACK INTO THE GAME & TO DEFEND A RESULT
View attachment 244192 View attachment 244193

• First off, don’t be fooled by the name. Yes’ we’ll be running, but only 4 players in your team will have the “run with ball” toggled at “sometimes”. We will be gunning though. Against any team on any league, you’ll have guaranteed double digit attempts on goal (even if you're team isn't great, you'll have 15+ per game, at the very least).
  • Possession through short passing at a quick tempo’s really the most effective way to gain control early in the match, especially if it’s a priority to establish your pace onto the opposing team.
  • I’m as stubborn as Spaletti or Bielsa. I’ll come out attacking regardless of the team. Could be against Coventry, could be against Barcelona. I’ll be looking to attack from the start. What I will do, however, is adjust my defensive line (to normal), retain possession, play narrower, and go from attacking to control according to in-game situations. You’re welcome to adjust RUN & GUN® to your mentality and team.
  • Like any possession tactic, you need your players to have continuity. It’ll take some 20 games or so to truly settle into their comfort zone. After that, you’ll be rolling. I recommend a strong preseason (squeeze in as many games as possible).
  • This tactic hasn't been designed to have over 70% of possession (working on one), instead it's designed to control the tempo of the game (which will produce over 50% of possession most of the time) and to produce as many attempts on goal as possible.
  • We have to accept the following: you will have games where things aren’t working. No one’s perfect. There will be games where you’ll have trouble finding goals or even gaining full control. Growing pains of the process. Stick with it. The issue isn't in the tactic, but in the inconsistency of players.
  • I'm a faithful believer in structuring your roster according to your needs. If the money isn't there, it's my preference to sell big and buy talented, cheaper, youngsters. This way, I form my team according to my needs, and I start grooming this talent moving forward. This doesn't mean that RUN & GUN it will not work with whatever roster you assume.

RUN & GUN®
brings just that. Possession, through fast one touch triangulation, smart through passes, incisive run with ball, and double digit chances on every game (even against top sides).

Disclaimer:

1. To me, CCC’s aren’t strong indicators as to how effective your offense is. If you have 20 attempts on goal and 10 of those were on target (and according to the stats, only 4 were CCC), I’d say you had strong scoring chances, wouldn’t you say?
  2. Possession isn’t a one man game. Strong possessions, safe possessions, are always at its best expression when the entire team’s involved. RUN & GUN® will have every starter attempting at least 20 passes each. Completion rate will depend on their attributes.
  3. Possession isn’t a direct byproduct of short passing. You need to have certain players that are allowed more freedom in their distribution duties (and their passing style), this way we can stretch the pitch and have opposing teams chasing the ball non-stop from one side to the other.
  4. Like most teams that look to have high possession percentages, reacquiring the ball is a full-pitch-pressure-with-aggressive marking-job. Don’t be surprised if your fullbacks (most European teams use the flanks to attack) are constantly raking in yellow cards. It’s part of the game. If you lose the ball, you need to get it back as soon as you can. If you’re for a more passive approach, go for a man to man marking and set the tackling on normal. As you see, I employ zonal marking with the tight marking toggled on for every player.
  5. You can have the perfect tactic, but we all know by now, that if the talent’s isn’t there, the execution won’t be stellar. Good, not stellar. This is why I always try to adjust to the type of roster I’m given. Should my club choke up money spend, then I bring the players that can execute my tactics to the dot. Like any tactic, you have to adjust certain patterns according to your player’s limitations or tremendous talents.

PLAYER ATTRIBUTES
  1. Goalkeeper: You don’t need Lloris, Buffon or Casillas, just a keeper that gives you enough security in the air and with his passing (he’s your last line of defense as a SK). For me, Trapp, Zieler, Sommer have done wonders.
  2. Advanced Playmaker: in a perfect world, you want him to have high teamwork, work rate, anticipation, creativity, passing, marking and dribbling. André Ayew is a must for me (he’s a beast who goes on to boss the midfield consistently in the EPL every time).
  3. Deep Lying Playmaker: very similar to the above, but since the ball will be more on his feet, his dribbling and creativity need to be as high as possible. For me, Badelj, Nainggolan, and Barkley have done wonders.
  4. Defensive Midfielder: The all around player. He’ll have distribution/creation duties as well, so you’ll have a hard time finding the perfect candidate. But a player like Rodwell/Asamoah/Guilavogui can evolve into a “Gattuso fused with Pirlo” type of player.
  5. Wings/Forwards/AM’s: Depending on your available players, you can have Inside Forwards or defensive wingers. I’m a stickler for full pitch, non-stop pressure, so I always stick with the Def Wingers. Like so, aggression, anticipation, and pace are important. Finishing isn’t key -If the system works, they’ll receive the ball with plenty of space to work with close to the goal-. A player with 10 in finishing will have no problem capping plays. This is why, for me, AM’s like Eriksen, Afellay, and James Rodríguez have been beasts with this role.
  6. Complete Forward: Finishing, composure, and passing are key here. Again, when you attack with 7 players, your forward won’t always have the pressure of scoring consistently (though it’d be nice). With players like Paloschi, Jordan Ayew, Vaclav Kadlec (who start out as average to below average) you're settled for many years. If you’ve got money to spend, don’t think twice and look for Neymar, Cavani, Abel Hernández, or Pato. Once RUN & GUN's well assimilated, you'll have at least 5 players with double digit scoring numbers.

Tweaks to make according to your players
:
  1. Switch Defensive Wingers to Inside Forwards or Wingers according to your frontline’s qualities. If your forwards have decent aggression and anticipation numbers, have them as defensive wingers and they’ll contribute a ton to ball recuperation duties (think Alexis Sánchez while playing for Barcelona or his country). For major ball control, I recommend defensive wingers. If your midfield’s strong, set than as Inside Forwards to produce more danger. The decision is yours.
  2. Complete Forward to Trequartista: If your players of choice at Inside Forward/Defensive Winger have high finishing numbers (Muniain, Jovetic, Bojan, Neymar, etc), and your striker has decent passing abilities and creativity, you can give him Trequartista duties, pull him back, and settle into a nice Spallettiesque 4-6-0, setting him as the team’s playmaker. Like so, you’ll have three playmakers, two direct strikers while your Trequartista finishes off plays trailing from deep. Again, this switch should only be executed if your players have the necessary attributes. Players like Erick Torres, Vitinho, or Carlos Fierro go on to execute this role beautifully.

THE
RESULTS

3/4's THROUGH THE FIRST SEASON WITH RUN & GUN®

KEY GAMES

@ ARSENAL
View attachment 244501View attachment 244502View attachment 244503View attachment 244504

VS TOTTENHAM

View attachment 244134 View attachment 244135 View attachment 244136 View attachment 244137V

VS STOKE (I can never beat them!)
View attachment 244198 View attachment 244199 View attachment 244200 View attachment 244201

@ Chelsea
View attachment 244243View attachment 244244 View attachment 244245 View attachment 244246

As you can see, it's structure is your basic 4-1-2-2-1 (or 4-3-3), but the movements in the pitch and the decisions your players make define the success of your team.
If you tinker through your roster and pick your starters smartly, you should have at least 3 players with high passing percentages, your offense should be one of most explosive, and your defense should be one of the strongest in the League. Again, all this hangs squarely on your roster moves, or the players you choose to start.

Hopefully you'll give it a try and hopefully you'll get the best results possible.
I'm open to as many suggestions as possible. Like I said at the beginning, as with any idea, the point is to polish it into the most deadly tactic possible.

Later on I'll post the results this tactic gave me at European level in the ECC.

Cheers, give it a go, and hit me up with any pointers, tips, or advice.

PD: Shout out to Raikan007 for letting me emulate the ® to add a little caché to the tactic's name.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Could you please provide links whwre yuo dont have to sign up or login to download ( nr 1) and to hostst that dont use " install my program, you have a a virus" adds. ( nr2, have been removed)

did you give yourself a little bit of money?? always good to see the Everton regs in the team!!!!!!

You can't download the tactic?
I'll be putting up a new link.
My bad.

@TheBetterHalf
Could you try it now? I've posted a mediafire link, should be no problem.
If there's any issues let me know.

@retsinnab69
No cheating, friend, just sold Fellaini and Baines at 16.5 mil (both to Arsenal), Cahill at 11.5 to SLB, Howard at 7 to Malaga, Heitinga at 12 to Napoli, Saha at 1.2 to Genoa, Anchiebe at 5 to FCP, Distin at 3.5 to Newcastle, Jagielka at 10 ta Man U.

After all that selling (and asking the board to give a higher % of transfer funds), plus buying players in 48 month payments, you have plenty of room to maneuver. I always keep Duffy, Barkley, and Baxter, though.

Link should be working now.
Let me know if there are any issues.

Thanks.

Ok I may be wrong but from reading your OP I got the impression that the tactic would be for the modern tactical system, where you can change your defensive wingers to inside forwards and so on and use shouts. This tactic however is in Classic?

@TerryEllingham

I converted the tactic to classic, but instead of having the shouts pre established, you do it in game according to how you want to control the game.
I'm not for having presetted shouts, since every game is different story, but if the tactic works, those two showed there should be the ones you set during games the most.
If you want I've got no problem in uploading the modern tactic, but at the end of the day, you can change the player movements in game to have them as inside forwards.
I'll be putting it up shortly.
Mostly, I put it in classic because it gave me great results, but I'll put the modern one.

So you are saying that regardless of what version you are using ( TC or classic) the user should manually tweak all the sliders to implement the impact the shouts would have had ?

Ok, now both versions are uploaded, the classic and modern.

Give me a shout if you can download them successfully.

Cheers.

No, I was referring to the instructions during games.
With the classic version you can't set shouts, but you can give instructions during the game (retain possession, pass to feet, take risks, etc.)
I'm not saying the user should, I'm merely saying that they can. In any case, for what it's worth, in my humble opinion, you don't need to tweak the sliders to have shouts working (hopefully the tactic's enough to give you strong results), I was referring to player's roles. If you want to use your wings as Inside Forwards, you can use the sliders to simulate an Inside Forwards' movement. I hope I'm making myself clear.

In any case, to avoid confusion, I've posted both the classic and modern tactic, so you can do anything you want with the tactic.

Hopefully you'll give the classic a go, to see just how successful the tactic is (and to know if I'm not the only one havin great results with it).
But I've also put up the Modern. Like I said, the idea is to hammer out the best tactic possible, so I'm open to every pointer possible.

Give me a shout if you can download them successfully.

/.../

No, I was referring to the instructions during games.
With the classic version you can't set shouts, but you can give instructions during the game (retain possession, pass to feet, take risks, etc.)

Link works

I meant that the user CAN by choice :, and naturally ingame.

What I am asking though is that as so many settings are tweaked, you mean that the user should actually never use the shouts ingame, but instead tweak the sliders and settings manually since the shouts in some cases wont have any effect. Like the pass to feet that wont effect most of the players since their t-balls are tweaked, the play more narrow as the passing length,the width and tempo is tweaked and retain possession for the again the tempo, passing and width, the drop deeeper fro the d-line etc etc.

I am only trying to give constructive feedback so you wont have to answer this question over and over again later on.

Cheers

I am only trying to give constructive feedback so you wont have to answer this question over and over again later on.

Cheers

And I thank you so much for it. I hope my tone didn't come off as agressive (it was not my intention at all, mate), I'm all for advice and help. So as many pointers as you have, I'll really appreciate. All I want is to contribute and to help this great community.

As to your question:
- The sliders should only be adjusted if you want your players to change their funcions (drop deeper, shorter passing, etc) or your team funcionts (slower tempo, direct passing, etc). I recommend to only adjust them if the tacitc isn't working for your team (let's hope it works beautifully, though).
- With regards to the shouts. Of course we can use them whenever we want, and there's no reason to tweak with the sliders when we give especific shouts. The shouts are made to work according to the specifics of the tactic. Whatever shout you give, it'll work without tweaking the sliders.

What I tend to do, however, is make small tweaks to the team instructions during the game according to the situation (never touch palyer instructions). Let's say I'm playing against a bigger team -Barca- and I go ahead 1-0. T
hen I'll go to the tactics menu and tweak the width (shorter), time wasting (always), and defensive line (at normal) so I can defend the result better.

I hope this is able to clarify your doubts.

As always, I'm welcome to all pointers out there. Let's work together if the tactic isn't working.

Cheers and thanks for the help.

I am sorry but no. Once à slider or à setting has been tweaked from the default setting, the shouts Will not effect that setting/ slider. With this Said, shouting retain possession Will not effect the tempo, passing och tempo as these settings have already been tweaked and fixated.Try it and see for your self

@TheBetterHalf

Yup, you're completely right. I probably wasn't clear with my idea (it was definitely that I think, wasn't clear at all, I'm going back and reading what I wrote, and boy, I wasn't clear at all), but pretty much I was tring to make the same point you just made. You were just a whole lot clearer than I was, lol.
Thanks for the help.

@TheBetterHalf

Yup, you're completely right. I probably wasn't clear with my idea (it was definitely that I think, wasn't clear at all, I'm going back and reading what I wrote, and boy, I wasn't clear at all), but pretty much I was tring to make the same point you just made. You were just a whole lot clearer than I was, lol.
Thanks for the help.

This is what I was after, that you changed the OP so you dont have to answer these question on every page :D

Lol.
Thanks for being clearer than I am.
Lol, I'm still laughing at that momentary lapse of reason (like Pink Floyd once said).

Thanks again.

if you get the chance to try the tactic out, let me know what results you get.