The Saints Are Coming - A St Mirren FC Story

As my transfer business comes to an end (despite the window being closed), I'd like to reflect a little on what I wanted, and what I got. At the start of my story, I stated I wanted to bring in another striker, and a left back.

In that time I have brought in 4 players to the first team - none of which are a left back. Despite having money still there, I have decided against bringing in a left back. The reason behind this is Waters has impressed me more than I thought, and Erhahon can provide backup where required. I do not want to over-saturate my team with players, and since my squad is already large, I have decided against going for a left back. We may look to revise this in January, when I review my position.

August Fixtures

St Mirren 2 - 0 Livingston (League)
- Mullen
- McLoughlin

Motherwell 1 - 1 St Mirren (League)
- Magennis

St Mirren 2 - 0 Dundee (Betfred Cup)
- Mullen
- Mullen

St Mirren 1 - 1 Rangers (League)
- Mullen

Hearts 1 - 0 St Mirren (League)

So I ended the first month of my managerial career in 5th Place in the league with 5 points. Although I drew with Rangers (and could have very nearly won the game), I lost to Hearts and drew with Motherwell. I wanted to end my first month with 6 points on the board so to only see it out with 5 is disappointing.

On the plus side, my side progressed in the League Cup, after beating Dundee 2-0 at home. My next round sees me play Kilmarnock away from home. In other news as well, my injury list is shrinking as my players make their return from injury. As it stands, I have McGinn, Flynn and McPherson still injured, however they are a few days away from being able to play 75 minutes in a game.

Edit* I have no idea whats going on with the Dundee Highlights, there are the best part of 40 players on the park, and the advertising boards are freaking out.

Last edited:
September Fixtures

September sees me playing 4 fixtures through the month, three in the league and one in the Quarter Final of the Betfred Cup.

Kilmarnock are level on points with me, and 1 place behind me in the league on goal difference. They will be difficult to beat, they have a strong team, and finished third place in the league last year. I will do well to gain a point from this game.

St Johnstone are struggling in the league and lie third from bottom. I hope I can beat them and take three points from this game.

Finally Hamilton away from home will be difficult. Hamilton have had this knack in the Premiership for years of just surviving. Again, this is a game I would like to take three points from. This month I'd like to take 7 points in the League.

In the cup, I play Kilmarnock away from home. I will opt to play Academy and second string players in the team, to rest players from the first team. If I get through its a welcome bonus, as it will generate extra income and more games for the youth players. The League cup doesnt provide my team with a spot in Europe for winning it, so I'm not overly fussed if I go out of this one. The Scottish Cup and the League is where most of my focus will be. A place in Europe will provide my team with additional income and allow me to attract a higher calibre of player.