The San Marino Double

The French league is interesting, FC Sete are another club without a logo, but I doubt they came all the way from the CBA.

In one of my long saves past 2050, I've seen this happen a few times. A serie C1 team was winning Serie A, and some League 2 of BSN team was winning Premiership.

Hmm, I find those things quite interesting, I'll keep an eye on the major leagues as I have most of them loaded.

In other news those two national matches have effected the rankings and I've moved up to 89th :)

Also I have my pre season fixture list sorted:

preseason.png

And a new affiliate club:

toulouseq.png

Does Toulouse have a good regens, or do you just want to send your guys on loan there. I figure Chievo would be on par with them

They have some good potential players in the youth team and a good infrastructure so should produce some in the future. Also It's for some variety, Chievo rejected some of the loans I offered last time too.

Anywho, probably wont be an update for a good 2-3 weeks as its all revision and exams until May 17th. But whenever i'm back playing i'll update.

Do you ever use the one option where you can match the price on any players they sell? In all my saves, my feeders are teams that don't do anything so they never have players that sell.

Hah I'm still alive, thanks for your concern :D

1 exam down 4 to go, just got back from the library at almost 5am- fun times indeed!

And same really, I've never really signed anyone good from my feeder teams, but I'm using it mainly as a place to send players out on loan. I've got 2 teams where I can send players just on the fringe of my squad and the others are where I can send my promising youth players, especially of San Marinese origin.

Not played any FM 09 since the last post, not played hardly any games at all. Just been having a few hours of xbox a day inbetween revision: managed to complete Dead Space and Final Fantasy 13- good games.

Awesome story mate , brilliant , one of the best layout on the site. Good job!

very nice man, I was wanting to do the same with the Faroe Islands, is there a custom database on here with their national team?

In FM10, you can play in a san marino league, rather than in serie c in italy.

In FM10, you can play in a san marino league, rather than in serie c in italy.

I will definitely try that when/if I ever I get the game. But I'm considering just skipping 10 to finish this game.

Anyway, long time without an update. I'm done with exams now and have two months of free time, so should be some updates soon. Bad news is the fan on my laptop has broke and is causing it to massively overheat, so I won't be able to play until I get that fixed. I could potential commandeer my parents laptop when I go home and play on theirs, we shall see.

Just read the whole thread and you have inspired me to do this challenge :) .

Could you reccomend me a striker please ? We have scored like 13 goals in 8 games .

Last edited:
Just read all of this now, great story. Hope you get back to it soon mate :D

Just read the whole thread and you have inspired me to do this challenge :) .

Could you reccomend me a striker please ? We have scored like 13 goals in 8 games .

Bit late, hop you're still playing. 13 goals in 8 games is very good for San marino, so i'd stick with whatever you're doing. After Andy Selva retires I had a guy called Nicola Ciacci who i don't think was a regen, after that its all regens.

And thanks shootie- just got my laptop back so should be more updates soon.

Well Ill make one last update here. I've been pretty inactive on this forum but I'm gonna get back to posting more after my exams :) I'm still playing this game but not much. Loads take a long time as I made the mistake of uploading far too many leagues. I'm going to keep playing until FM 11 comes out at which point I'm gonna buy it and start the exact same game again (except with less players and leagues loaded for the sake of load times!) So watch this space- San Marino double will be coming to an FM 11 forum near you soon!

I might update this again if I play enough to warrant an update. Thanks to everyone who read and enjoyed it and to everyone who posted :) I hope a few people got some enjoyment out of it.

Well done!

Just read the entire story and found the whole thing really enjoyable. Hope you keep playing and eventually reach your goal of the Champs League world cup double!