The Secret Footballer: Fans stop gay footballers from coming out

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 3K
society tells us we are only allowed to be prejudice towards people who are prejudice them selves.

i say, we can be prejudice if we want to be, we can be gay if we want to be, we can be a Scientology follower if we want to be, and if someone else doesn't like it, so what. its not your problem.

I also point out, that homophobia is considered a medical condition, so technically anyone who abuses homophobic people are being just as prejudice as those that abuse gay people. Though I doubt that makes much sense, and wouldn't really hold much sway in today's society.

When did the saying "sticks and stones" cease to be relevant?

What i am trying to say is, some one bullying you for what you are surely is their problem, not yours

edit:
i refer to real homophobia BTW. not the term used to condenm mindless idiots that go around beating homosexual people up just for fun. that is clearly just very wrong.

Last edited:
Too many bigoted fans in the game for a gay footballers to come out without suffering from terrible chants.

sorry, i wasnt very clear.
seen your second one, can see what you are getting at, but we need to make clear the distinction between the condition and those who just like to abuse people because they are gay, because the word is used as an umbrella turn

society tells us we are only allowed to be prejudice towards people who are prejudice them selves.

i say, we can be prejudice if we want to be, we can be gay if we want to be, we can be a Scientology follower if we want to be, and if someone else doesn't like it, so what. its not your problem.

I also point out, that homophobia is considered a medical condition, so technically anyone who abuses homophobic people are being just as prejudice as those that abuse gay people. Though I doubt that makes much sense, and wouldn't really hold much sway in today's society.

When did the saying "sticks and stones" cease to be relevant?

What i am trying to say is, some one bullying you for what you are surely is their problem, not yours

edit:
i refer to real homophobia BTW. not the term used to condenm mindless idiots that go around beating homosexual people up just for fun. that is clearly just very wrong.

This is all well and good in theory, but for a footballer it's completely different. He'd get verbal abuse everywhere he goes, and who would want to submit themself to that if they didn't have to? I know I wouldn't

i just found this while searching through bbc sport website :P

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9421616.stm

its reccording of a player coming out about being gay and his views might interest some of you.

Brilliant and brave attitude from Hysen, there. He knows the kind of stuff people are going to throw at him but it's great to hear that the majority of responses he's had are positive and supportive, rather than homophobic or degrading in some way.

Back