The Shotgun & Pistol Formations - (Home & Away)

• Thread starter Zesta
  • Start date
  • Replies 45
  • Views 40K
looks good mate! i'm keen on developing youth at my clubs too although personally i love to play with wingers or wide forwards. im very interested in your defensive consistency though. would you mind if i tried to adapt your tactic into a 4-3-3? probably with two deep lying forwards and a poacher up front and either two ball winning mdf's and an advanced playmaker in the middle or simply one BWM, one deep lying playmaker and an AP. do you think the defensive consistency would be affected? or would tht botch up the attack? i've been trying to develop such a tactic since fm 2012, with relative success, but in fm 13 it hasnt worked for me yet, maybe due to the ME. but with a good solid backbone such as the one you have here, it might do the trick. what do u think?

looks good mate! i'm keen on developing youth at my clubs too although personally i love to play with wingers or wide forwards. im very interested in your defensive consistency though. would you mind if i tried to adapt your tactic into a 4-3-3? probably with two deep lying forwards and a poacher up front and either two ball winning mdf's and an advanced playmaker in the middle or simply one BWM, one deep lying playmaker and an AP. do you think the defensive consistency would be affected? or would tht botch up the attack? i've been trying to develop such a tactic since fm 2012, with relative success, but in fm 13 it hasnt worked for me yet, maybe due to the ME. but with a good solid backbone such as the one you have here, it might do the trick. what do u think?

I don't think the adaptation you've outlined would work too well away from home, if at all. The style I employ is centred around the midfield playing narrow and forcing the opposition's widemen out into dead space.

At home you naturally have more creative license to incorporate an inside forward, but it seems clear to me that FM 13 is won and lost in away games.

The whole reason I designed this was because I got sick of taking Man Utd & Arsenal to Carrow Road, all for the Canaries to drag me into deep water and watch me drown.

Feel free to have a fiddle though and let me know if you're successful.

you might have a point. although i do like to play narrow, and my DLF's are somewhat defensive and come deep to get the ball or play one two's off the AP. my only problem with them is that when the opposition is organising their attack they just sit up next to the forward. i havent found a way for them to put pressure further down the pitch. i'll try it out though and let u know how it goes. do u play through the middle or mixed? and do your strikers move into channels? sorry, but i havent downloaded it yet, still at work :p

It's a little hit and miss for me. The away tactic is good defensively, but didn't really offer me much going forward. This could just be due to the team and players I had at my disposal. The home tactic is pretty good. Only noticed that we wasn't finishing the chances, yet not finishing them. That's not down to the tactic itself though. Think you'd be better sticking with the away tactic defensively, just try and implement to home one within in it, chance creation wise and you'd on a winner.

Try setting it as you striker 'Poacher' and making him run on to the ball, and make sure you AP is making 'Often' throughballs!

Can i ask what way you work training/match preperation for this tactic?
Or, what shouts and OI you use?

Thinking of trying it out for you just need more info.

Yet another tactic that only works with the big six teams. tested this with Villa and it does NOT work. Lost almost every game. Why is it whenever people make a new tactic they test it with a quality team? I don't like playing with quality teams. It's boring as ****.

Yet another tactic that only works with the big six teams. tested this with Villa and it does NOT work. Lost almost every game. Why is it whenever people make a new tactic they test it with a quality team? I don't like playing with quality teams. It's boring as ****.

Yet another guy that did not give a tactic enough time and MOANS about it.

I understand your frustration, however if you check the screenshots I sold all the players. They were replaced with regens, who are only half developed.

so far its been a good tactic, 7 matches in im 4th with everton, playing with all english kids!

Do you use assistant oi's in this tactic?

Apologies for not mentioning in the original thread.

I always get the assistant to apply match preperation, opposition instructions etc. I also never use shouts as I don't believe in them.

so far its been a good tactic, 7 matches in im 4th with everton, playing with all english kids!

Good stuff buddy, I hope once your kids develop you start dominating the league.

I've posted a screencap of how my kids are doing in the Average Rating charts. We're really starting to knit together. Never finished outside the top three in the last four seasons.

Good stuff buddy, I hope once your kids develop you start dominating the league.

I've posted a screencap of how my kids are doing in the Average Rating charts. We're really starting to knit together. Never finished outside the top three in the last four seasons.
How can you expect anyone to see what's happening in that? |)