Forder22

Reaction score
Sir Alex Ferguson has announced his retirement from football today and will be leaving Manchester United at the end of the season. He is without a doubt one of the greatest manager who has ever lived and there will never be a manager like him...

Or will there?....

In this challenge it is your job to take control of Manchester United and you have 27 seasons to try and achieve more or as many trophy's as Sir Alex.

Sir Alex's record:

13 Premier League titles
5 FA Cup's
4 League Cup
10 Community Shield
2 Champions Leagues
1 European Cup Winners Cup
1 European Super Cup
1 Intercontinental Cup
1 FIFA Club World Cup

The points break down for the Trophies are:

Premier League = 20 points
FA Cup + League Cup = 10 points
Community Shield + Super Cup + Club World Cup = 5 points
Champions League = 40 points

Bonus Points:

League Player of the year = 5 points
Top Scorer = 5 points
Team of the year = 5 points
European Player of the year = 10 points

Manager of the month = 5 points
Manager of the year = 10 points

I hope i have explained that enough so you's all understand, if not please comment and i will clear it up. Good luck to you all.

Ryan (Manchester City fan)

ill have some of this, why not

usually play as norwich and end up getting offered the utd job after 5 or 6 seasons

suspect this is more than doable though, most of utds squad is good for 7 or 8 seasons other than the real oldies

reckon 2 trophies a season is achievable, pretty much impossible to bankrupt the club with sensible transfers spread over long periods

think it will have to be papadopolous, ryan bennett, nathanial clyne,tony watt, bony and wanyama through the door for the first window :D will get a good 10 years service from most of them

ship out anderson, ferdinand, and a load of the youngsters that will never get a game

pres season ins and outs season 1

think the trick this season is not getting sacked in the first 4 months lol

predicting top 3 and a cup win after a slow start

View attachment 339872

transfers in are all spread over 48 months

season 1 down

5th in the league, saved from the sack by the league cup and champions cup wins though (H)

View attachment 340977

View attachment 340978

worse thing about this is the 8.5 million monthly payments for the bank loan

but in all honesty its probably a bit too easy as a challenge, will probably be able to holiday most of the seasons within 4 years and still pick up 2 or 3 trophies a year

2nd season

first window transfers
View attachment 341330

around 150 mill in the bank after new sponsorship, project there to be only around 10 or 15 mill left at the end of the season, maybe more if i ship out either valencia or young in january. No biggie as long as its a top 3 finish and at least qtr/semi of champions league. Both doable

aiming for league + champions league wins given the squad. all good ages as well, good for 7 or 8 years at least
View attachment 341331