Cbarber871

Reaction score
Ok so my last story failed as i did get sacked for losing the dressing room..so i am going for another Challenge in the Sir alex ferguson challenge..so here are the rules and things i will adhere too

tumblr_mmq08mkpjd1qaznnlo5_r1_1280.jpg

"I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. ****** ****." - Sir Alex Ferguson, 1999​

The SAF Challenge

Now the replication approach is often touted:
Start at East Stirlingshire, win European cup with Aberdeen and go to United. However this has been done before and is following his path.
What I thought of though is how when he got the job in 1986 at United they were 2nd bottom in the league. It took him 6 years to bag his first title with Man Utd.
So, the challenge I propose is to holiday your game until November 6th. At that stage, whoever is currently 2nd bottom of the Premiership, you take over.
You then have your team and can set on making them a great club side and starting your legacy.
There isn't any real stipulations there on, however maybe to focus on bringing the club's youth through.
Also he never bought more than 11 players in 1 season (03/04) and 8 of them were first team
squad
players so I will set a limit of only 8 transfers a season so you can't just revamp and buy 25 wonderkids! Also his biggest spending season equated to £62million so that is your upper limit, which if you get to, you are doing pretty darn good anyway!

Challenge requirements

Holiday until November 6th - Ferguson took over Man United on Novermber 6th 1986
Take over the team 2nd bottom in the Premiership - United were 2nd bottom when Fergie took over
Stay at this one club - Ferguson stayed at United until 2013
Aim to bring youth players through - Ferguson often focused on bringing youth through, notably in 1995 with the likes of Giggs, Beckham, Neville, Scholes, **** to name but a few, aka Fergie's Fledglings.
Persuade long term players to become part of your backroom staff and/or
managers

- Scholes, Solskjaer, Bruce, Keane, Berg, Ince, Robson, Hughes, Strachan, Blanc, Robins etc

Goals

Win a domestic cup within 4 seasons - Ferguson won his first cup vs Crystal Palace in 89/90
Win a league title within 7 seasons - Ferguson won his first title in 92/93
Win a league and cup double within 8 seasons - Ferguson wonhis first double with United in 93-94
Win a league, cup and Champions League within 13 seasons- Ferguson won the infamous treble in 98/99

So i will holiday till nov 6th and come back

Last edited:
November
swansea_2444269b.jpg

Swansea 2(Bony,Sigourson)
vs
Arsenal 1
View attachment 304978
A massive fluke i reckon...but a win to start it off is always great

Hull 6
vs
Swansea 2(Amat,Gomis)

View attachment 304979
Ok so not what the doctor order and a massive thumping..suprised we actualy scored

Burnley 1
vs
Swansea 0
View attachment 304980
Well this result sent us bottom of the league..we need to get it together or we will struggle to survive..

OVERVIEW

So a great win to start with..but then a dreadful performence against hull Fabianski just forgot he was a goalkeeper.the Burnley game was better but we just could not get anything past Heaton he was brilliant..

20th in the prem is rubbish but i do believe we will climb out of the relegtion zone..

December fixures

Leicester city
Crystal Palace
Man Utd
Aston Villa
QPR

so i am targeting 9 points....i think i will lose to Man Utd and QPR(Bogey team) but should beat villa,Palace and Leicester​

December

gun__1357740763_ground_swanseacity.jpg

SO i changed my Assistant manager from Colet to Dutchman Jan Olde Riekerink
View attachment 304876

Swansea 3
Shelvey,Dyer,Britton
Vs
Leicester city 1
View attachment 304873

Nice way to start the month very much deserved

Crystal Palace 2
vs
Swansea 2
Fernandez sent off
Gomis,sigoursson
View attachment 304872

Not happy we should have won...when Gomis scored int the 88th minute i thought the game was done but noooo

Swansea 1
Sigoursson
vs
Man utd 4
View attachment 304878

Ok so i fully expected to get tonked in this one but always nice to score.

Aston Villa 1
vs
Swansea 0
View attachment 304875

Frustrating to say the least we had more shots, more possesion but just could not break them down

Swansea 2
Sigoursson x2
vs
QPR 4
View attachment 304877

Disgraceful performence here..it was an even game and just seemed QPR took their chances and we could not

Newcastle 1
vs
Swansea 1
Gomis

View attachment 304874

We played well and a point is what we both deserved and yet again Bony failed to score and Gomis did.

Month review

ok so 3 losses aint good but we did well against Newcastle and with Leicester and then unlucky getting robbed by Palace..so good signs and things we need to work on... we got 5 of the 9 points i thought we would get so just need to kick on

Objectives for jan
---Depending how much money i get ..bring in some players
---- Consider letting Bony leave(just not performing)
----Win at least 2 League games in Jan..

Fixtures

Liverpool
Middlesbrough( FA Cup)
Spurs
West Ham
Stoke
Southampton

View attachment 304871
So back where we started..we did climb out after beating Leicester but back in drop zone after the 3 straight defeats..​

hopefully you can beat the drop... what are your board expectations for this season?

hopefully you can beat the drop... what are your board expectations for this season?

They want mid table..not sure we can do it..lost bony to african cup of nations..so will be harder

View attachment 304123View attachment 304121
I do think we have played well in the games we have played some amazing results beating chelsea and drawing with arsenal and man city, but some bad results too losing to west brom and sunderland..games i believe we should have won. so 16th i am ok with at the moment..but i kno we can get to at least 14th maybe 13th with some good performences..

View attachment 304122
Ok so Bony has been horiffic and will likely be sold at the end of the season...Giylfi has been fantastic scoring 14 goals from CAM

April/May update

View attachment 303840
Swansea 2(Bony x2)
VS
Burnley 0

Good win and Bony got a brace just after i slagged him off to the press for lack of goals

Leicester 0
vs
Swansea 2 (Amat,Gomis)

View attachment 303839

A very good win again and Gomis Getting a good goal...he has out performed Bony this year

Swansea 1(Gylfi)
vs Palace 1

View attachment 303848

So a frustrating draw as they scored very late on to dash our hopes

Swansea 1(Montero)
vs Man utd 3

View attachment 303852

I never expected to win this so to keep it down to 3 goals is ok

Swansea 2(Montero,Bony)
vs
Newcastle 0

View attachment 303853

Back to winning ways Newcastle were never in this game really and we really should have got more

QPR 1
vs
Swansea 1(Bony)

View attachment 303854
I am happy with a draw as these are our bogey team

Swansea 0
vs
Aston Villa 1

View attachment 303856
Well i did play some fringe players for the final game of the year so did expect to with really

View attachment 303855

So 14th is a good finish .considering we started 19th..

So Burnley Newcastle and Sunderland all go down...i am very suprised that newcastle went down to be fair..but hey ho guess there will be a tyne-wear derby in the championship​

August and Transfer Update
View attachment 303242

Ok so with this i decided to dump most of my transfer budget into my wage as i saw Richards and Cleverley on a free so i wanted those players..i also brought in Jenkinson from Arsenal as back up to CB and RB

Aston Villa 3
vs Swansea 2(Gomis,Montero)
View attachment 303243
We did play well but just could Gabby was just to quick as he always has been and punished us on the break

Swansea 2(Bony x2)
vs Arsenal 2

View attachment 303240
A very crediable draw against arsenal here and Bony got his 1st goals of the season

Capitol one cup

Swansea 3
vs
Bolton 1 AET

View attachment 303246
I did play a rotated side against Bolton..Baptiste having his debut at 16 on the Left wing

Fulham 2
vs
Swansea 3(Taylor,Britton,Gylfi)

View attachment 303244
We were very lucky to win this..fulham played very well but Gylfi scored yet again from his attacking midfield

View attachment 303245

September Update

After a good start the season i was looking foward to maintaing our form...Bony was looking very sharp in the opening few games

Results so far......

Swansea 3 vs Hull 0

Bony scored a Hatrick ..his finishing was brilliant and Hull just could not stop him

Cardiff 1 vs Swansea(Nene,Dyer,Bony)

Great away game here ....and to win an early welsh derby was brilliant...Slade slagged me off in the press so was great to shut him up...

Swansea 0 vs Everton 2

SO back down to earth everton were just too good and the boys could just not get going..

Swansea 4(Bonyx2,Montero,Britton) vs Southampton 2

Another great win here...i was so critical of Bony last year as he only got 8 goals in 28 games and this season he has scored 9 in only 8 games so far.

we are flying high in the premier league this year and at the end of September we sat 5th in the league...

Update

Ok sorry guys i been busy with work so not updated this in a few days..i have still been playing the save and here is my progress so far..

.View attachment 301520

View attachment 301521
So 3rd in the League is brilliant we have played very well in most games as you can see from the schedule above.

Top Goalscorer: Wilfred Bony -14
Top Assists:- Gylfi sigoursson-13

I did Bring Ashley Young from Man utd and Steven Naismith in jan to ice us a few more options on the wing and up top

I will Play febs fixtures and then update again...​

Easy to do Lackow you create an umemployed manager then holiday to 5/6th Nov then add another manager managing the team in 19th place and retire the original unemployed manager.