Moffissey

Reaction score
Coventry city have appointed former Irish international Chris Moffatt as their new manager. The 32 year old has saud that he is excited by the challenge and admitted that getting into the play-offs this season was certainly going to be a challenge.

They've brought in a few good signings in pre season, the most notable being Sol Campbell on a free transfer after he reject offers from Hull and West Ham to join the Championship side.

Last edited:
Should be an interesting challenge so I'll be following.

For some reason, this FM series, people are doing Cov stories galore. I'm not complaining because i'm a die hard Cov fan and it's cool that people are taking an interest. One thing I will say, is the budget you get for Cov is very unrealistic because we are mountains in debt and have no money to spend at all.

Anyway, good luck fella

I haven't seen a Coventry one on here yet...

Pre season

Coventry 2 - 2 Birmingham Sutton 45+1, McIndoe 68, Ferguson 1, Larsson 53
Coventry 0 - 4 Lyon Bodmer 7, 39 Lopez 26, 67
Coventry 0 - 0 Blackburn
Coventry 0 - 2 Inter Eto'o 53, Cordoba 74

Quite a tough pre season and we were unable to score in the last 3 games which is quite worrying. Tough opponents though, so i'm not too disheartened.

Championship

My first game is against Ipswich which is a reasonably tough start.

Coventry 2 -0 Ipswich Harewood 9, Sutton 75

A great start to the season. Harewood looked dangerous all match and scored early on when he converted a deep cross from David Bell. Morrisson started alongside Harewood, but was taken off after 74 minutes to be replaced by new £40k signing John Sutton. Within seconds Sutton controlled and finished with his first and second touch. Dream start for Sutton and the team.

Carling Cup 1st Round

Dagenham & Redbridge 2 - 4 Coventry Arber 63, Green 79 .Eastwood 17, 46, Stefanovic 36, McIndoe 69

A very good result considering there was 7 changes to the team. The rotation players have shown that they're of a reasonably good standard and will be able to step up to the plate when called upon.

A good couple of results there especially the Ipswich game. Well done.

Barnsley 2 - 2 Coventry Campbell Ryce pen 36, Bogdanovic 73, Clingan 53, Morrison 90+3

A very bittersweet game, we completely dominated the game but struggled throughout with the pace of Bogdanovic. They scored their pen against run of play after poor tackle by Stefanovic but we got a just equaliser with a Clingan diving header. The sweet game from the late goal, we had all 4 of our strikers on and we caught them on break with a long ball from defence, Harewood made a mess controlling it but thankfully Morrison was there to slot home and get a decent away point.

Doncaster Rovers 2 - 1 Coventry Shackell 47, Heffernan 79 Sutton 50

Again, we were by far the better team but the defence was full of mistakes. Gunnarson hasn't got a rating over 6.4 since he declared he wanted to go to Burnley. May have to either drop or consider selling him. Very disappointing, overall.

Coventry 1 - 1 Swansea Sutton 47 Van der Gun 57

Another really frustrating game as we were miles better and their goal came from nowhere. Harewood isn't performing at all and the backline seems mistake ridden.

Hmm,very interesting,I'll follow up this one :D

Btw,how do you get screenies of your game?

Thanks guys

Daniel, you attach screenies by clicking on the little paper clip icon at the top right hand corner. I save them through Windows' paint application.