Reaction score
COVENTRY CITY FOOTBALL CLUB

View attachment 243464

Coventry City, a club where debt and disaster are set to cross paths and plunge this great club into the darkness of the lower leagues of English football. Where it shall be sat on the shelf of football clubs until hopefully one day, lady luck shall shine through the window and pull them from the abyss. Surely this club deserves to achieve the greatness that we all know it can, Yet despite the potential behind the club, A owner with significant funds has yet to be found. With the 2011-12 season starting in less then 6 weeks time hopefully the club can install a new owner to the club and with that a new manager. One can only hope the rumours are true but we shall wait and see.

Lets see if the story of Coventry City turns out to be a story with a happy ending......

(More to follow)

View attachment 243465

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Coventry City have today been bought by local business man Sir Anthony Bamford

In what comes an unexpected move. Sir Anthony Bamford, who owns UK construction giants J.C.B. and has personal expected wealth of £1 Billion has released a statement which reads....

"I would like to express my pleasure at completing the acquisition of Coventry City Football Club today and thank the outgoing owner and board for the professional and confidential manner in which they handled this change of ownership.
I have now purchased the entire shareholding of Coventry City Football Club and will be investing further funds in to the club to ensure that it can now kick on and develop in to one of the very strongest and successful clubs in England.
Coventry City Football Club has a strong tradition in the game and now needs to progress and develop into a major force with the domestic game.
I hope with current and future investments and the support of the fans, this club can be once more great"

243466d1336123511t-sky-blues-limit-bamford_2182042b.jpg

Well with Sir Anthony Bamford now the new owner lets see who he installs as the new man at he helm......

View attachment 243470

DESMOND PUGH NAMED AS NEW COVENTRY CITY MANAGER

Rookie manager Desmond Pugh has been hired as manager of Coventry City today. In what comes as a complete surprise Pugh now has the task of building a team under the new owner Sir Anthony Bamford. With a hefty transfer budget expected expect Pugh and Coventry are set to be splashing the cash in the upcoming weeks, but with the season less then 5 weeks away Pugh will be hard pressed to make the transfers to bring a higher quality of player to the Ricoh Arena.

View attachment 243471

(Transfers, and Pre Season to follow.....)