Reaction score
(Alright, lets be honest my last couple of stories I lacked motivation or the right state of mind. I do however promise this one will be my main priority at ALL times. I will try to update as many times as usual with a complete new lay out from my old ones.)

chris-coleman_1297153c.jpg

Coventry City release manager Chris Coleman!

Opening Sequence. Paragraphs 1-4.
He was the last coach out on the soggy field, kicking the balls back to the bags where they were kept before taking his fluorescent green training bib off and throwing it into the carrier bag the bibs were kept in. Looking through his wet soaking hair(which just covered his eyes.) he could just see where the sheds were, which was the place all the equipment had meant to be kept. He picked up the basket and slung the football bags over his shoulder while marching over to the sheds.

Arriving at the shed's he searched his pockets for the keys to the sheds. Unable to find them he sighed, obviously some of the younger lads had found it funny to rob him of his property, ' Lads be lads,it may be unfair to Cain them after all they were only having a bit of fun however I do have to keep the sense of discipline up for them.' Instead of trying to force the door open he simply dropped the equipment underneath the shed entrance which coincidentally had some form of shelter above it.

Leaving the training ground via the main gate he noticed that his Vauxhall Astra was the only car left in the car park, he studied his surroundings. The team building was on his left, usually some of the older players stayed around for a drink or two with some of the coaches not this time though, everyone had gone to the same place he was thinking of right at that moment.... home. Lumbering towards the silver Astra he dragged his feet behind him like some sort of lazy child on a nature walk. Pulling out his car key from his top pocket he hazily unlocked the door and slid himself into the drivers seat.

Finally pulling into the driveway of his typical town house home he thought to himself, ' She is not going to be happy when she sees how much of a mess I'm going to make the ****** house. " Sure enough he walked in expecting his wife to tell him that he was ruining the house continuously, and he found exactly that. He mumbled something inaudible to her before walking up the stairs flat footed thinking only about a nice warm bath and a steaming cup of tea.

The Coventry Interest. Starts Here.

The next day he woke up on the sofa in the lounge room, stretching out he grabbed the TV remote pressing the on switch, the first thing that came on was BBC news giving off a short statement that Coventry City manager Chris Coleman had been relieved from his duties as the manager of CCFC. He smiled he never had liked Coleman, thought he was a bit too smug. He went off into the kitchen and flicked the kettle on as an almost automatic reaction, and sat there waiting for the kettle to boil. When his tea did boil and he had gone through the various stages of tea making he walked back into the lounge room. He sat up while taking sips of his tea, about a couple of minutes later he checked his blackberry, the message it read was.

Have you heard about Coleman?!

Fantastic news that ay mate?
Anyway meet us down the Old Jockey later
Well have a few drinks and talk about the news.

The message had been sent by the only other Coventry City fan in the town, John Bailey. He smiled indeed he would meet John down the Jockey later. Coventry was one of the major parts of his life along with his wife. But first he'd have to apologies to his wife, for his care free attitude the previous night. Eventually he did get to the Jockey, although it took a lot of begging his wife to let him off his leash.

Returning back home he noticed a man coming from down the stairs rather quickly as it seemed. He immediately got enraged, thinking it was someone with his wife. He grabbed the other bloke and slammed him up against the closed lounge door before punching home square in the nose. The lounge door quickly opened, his wife came rushing into the scene. " Lewis?! Do you know who this is?! You had no right to punch him. " He released the man he had just punched in the face and turned to his wife. " No I don't who is he?! Hmmm?! " His wife immediately replied. "Darren Oswald, One of the directors from Coventry City." He stepped back in shock, before taking a very apologetic tone and offering to clean the man up.

Sitting in the kitchen with Darren and his wife made him feel like he was being ganged up on when infact he wasn't. "Listen Lewis, I'm here to offer you a trial day at Coventry City, for the new managers job, you know do a bit of coaching here a bit of man management here, just so we know where we stand with you. "
Lewis almost jumped at the chance. " Seriously?! Yes of course I will! " Secretly he thought in the back of his mind that it was all a joke, or something nasty like that.

Coventry-City.png

Lewis Hughes Appointed As Coventry City Manager!!!!

(I'm open to suggestions about how to improve my stories so please feel free. )

Good Luck Mate, I'l follow as much as i can.

Coventry-City.png

Walking into the managers office you would be mistaken for thinking that he had done this before, however he wasn't inside he was shaking like a leaf but somehow he had managed to keep his physical appearance.
He sat in front of a few local media camera's at the comfiest room in the Ricoh Arena, but by the tone of his voice you'd of though that he'd be in front of thousands of cameras and the tabloids. Giving off a faint attempt at smiling for the camera he couldn't wait for this to be over.

Media : Hello Mr Hughes, first of all welcome to Coventry City football club. Please tell us, how did you get the job seeing as your an unknown coach from an amateur club from North Lincolnshire?

Hughes : Well erm, I don't really know to be honest, the the err spokesperson he came round to my house, while I wasn't in I came back and you know how people get when there a suspicious looking man in your house with your wife, so I sort of punched him. I know I know I'm not the best role model la de da.

Media : HaaaHaaa its okay we understand. So how does it feel to be manager of Coventry, a team you've supported for years.

Hughes : Well to be honest its a great feeling, its one of my dreams come true.

Media : Are you going to cope well with the new level of pressure?

Hughes : Pressure?! What pressure?! I'm just doing a job most Coventry Fans think about doing, as long as I do what they do. I'm fine.

Media : Well in that case, what are your plans for Signings, as you know the Coventry squad needs some improvement?

Hughes : Well I won't name any names, but I'm looking at a Left-Back a Striker And Left Midfielder.

Media : Okay thank you for your time, good luck at the job.

Hughes : Cheers

very nice layout mate,look great ill follow this......good luck

Hughes Announces Key Players :
KeirenWestwoodNew.jpg

Kieren Westwood
LS070209CCFC-34.jpg

James McPake
0,,10269%7E6813902,00.jpg

Sammy Clingan

Pre Season Results :

View attachment 58897
Scorers : Clingan, Eastwood

View attachment 58898
Scorers : Eastwood (2), Wood

View attachment 58899
Scorers : Eastwood, Ogleby

View attachment 58900

Scorers : Morrison, Baker, Bell

Pre Season Thoughts: Well I don't know much about what managers think about pre season, so here goes. I think I've run a good pre season here in my first ever season in being a football manager, and at Coventry! The lads have gelled well, I have bought in Marlon Harewood for a potent goal scorer which is something we seem to be lacking, however Freddie Eastwood has been scoring plenty enough in pre season.

Transfers In :

Marlon Harewood
HAREWOOD-Marlon-0809_1269756.jpg

From Aston Villa for 750 K.

Ben Parker
BenParker_622371.jpg

From Leeds United 250k
OUT :

Ben Turner , 6 month loan.
Turner_Big.jpg

To Colchester.

Ashley Cain , 6 month loan.
0,,10269%7E6807986,00.jpg

To Macclesfield.

Last edited:
Haha think ur badges are a little big matey :p but good start ill be following!

if you noticed I'm using the lay out you used for the matches, cos the brid story is ftw

View attachment 59749

Hughes thoughts : Well what a month to be honest, who'd of thought it me?! A manager of such a great club like Coventry City. On match day 1 I was so nervous, everything's such a new experience for me, even signing new players is kind of nerve wrecking. But yes I am happy with my team, my two central midfielders, Aron Gunnarson and Sammy Clingan have been absolutely amazing this month, as have Marlon Harewood and Freddy Eastwood have impressed as well.

View attachment 59758

Very Impressive, that's all I need to say.

Monthly Analysis : September

View attachment 65150

I said we are top of the league said we are top of the league!

Well it's been another fantastic month for the sky blues, the lads are playing out of their skins, when Marlon Harewood got injured I thought that might put the lads heads down, but Clinton Morrison came in and has been an absolute dynamo.

View attachment 65152

Underlining why Marlon Harewood is so vital for us, because of his goal rate.

Captain's Log(Aron Gunnarsson & James McPake) : Well what can we say? The club's been refreshed by Hughes's arrival, all of the lads have really rallied behind him. Parks(Ben Parker.) has become one of the main lads in the dressing room, he's pure stuff. We really are going places.

Last edited:
Nice one ;) Ill try follow much as I can see if you can make it up. Good luck.

:'( :'( My computer crashed while i was on fm. And my save files all died. along with everything else I had on FM. :(:( Close this thread please, new story coming soon.