I3east

Reaction score
I woke up at 8am on the 20th June. I am 25 years of age now and i have been in the market for a new job in football for some time. I have played 10 professional games scoring 2 goals in a short stint at Luton Town but nothing really materialized. I walk into the living room in my flat and log onto my laptop.

shanghai.apartment-jinganxinge-downstairs.jpg

I log onto my email and see an 'URGENT EMAIL' from someone whom i'd never heard of before. This is what it said.

Dear Joseph,

I am writing to inform you that we have looked at your application for our managerial position and we would like to offer you the job. We realise that it may be short notice but if if you could, would you be able to come to Hillsborough stadium tomorrow at 10am so we can meet and overlook tranfers etc.

Yours sincerely,

Milan Mandaric
(Sheffield Wednesday chairman)

So the day come, i got to Hillsborough 30 minutes early to try and make a good impression. What a massive stadium this is for a League 1 club and i wish i could bring them back to former glory's.

HillsboroughStadium_468002.jpg

Mandaric : Hello, welcome to Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.

Southern : Hello sir.

Mandaric : No, please call me Milan. So, is there any players that you would like me to try and bring into the club? I am able to back you with £350,000 transfer budget.

Southern : Erm... I am not sure yet Milan. One thing i would like to ask before i go is if we would be able to get a link with a Premier League team to be able to get some extra income ?

Mandaric : ​Yes, that would be fine. See you soon.

Liking the riding type carry on sir

Nice start... Gonna follow :)

Sheffield Wednesday announce link with Chelsea

200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png

Sheffield Wednesday chairman Milan Mandaric has today confirmed that Sheffield Wednesday and Chelsea have now linked up. Chelsea will now be able to send players on loan to Sheffield Wednesday to gain first team experience. This is what Mandaric had to say;

' I am pleased to announce that we have linked up with one of the best teams in the world. Myself and Joseph have been working very hard behind the scenes to bring the correct players into the club to help us return to the Premier League one day. I have total faith in Joseph and we have already signed some great footballing players. I wish him all of the best in the future and the same to Chelsea Football Club'

Transfers In

Kobi Shemesh - Free
James Beattie - Free
Alex Stokinger - Free
Ahmed Soukouna - Free
Yves Ma Kalambay - Free
Mihael Kovacevic - Free
Francis Jeffers - Trail

Transfers Out

Clinton Morrison - Brighton - 60k
Jermaine Johnson - Middlesbrough - 190k

Pre season results

Stocksbridge Park Steels 0-4 Sheffield Wednesday
(O'Grady x2, Madine, Sedgwick)

Aberdeen 2-4 Sheffield Wednesday
(Fallon, Vernon - Soukouna x2, O'Grady, Lines)

Sheffield Wednesday 2-2 Ipswich
(Soukouna, O'Grady - Jones O.G, Murphy)

Blackpool 1-3 Sheffield Wednesday
(Taylor-Fletcher - Llera O.G, Beattie, Prutton)

Coleraine 0-4 Sheffield Wednesday
(Jeffers x2, Prutton, Anderson O.G)

Southern had this to say about transfers and pre season in his new job....

' I am very pleased with our pre season, we have had some magnificent results and i am glad to have managed to bring in some great footballers and goalscorers. We are working on two possible signings but they are looking unlikely as there is interest from other teams that have submitted offers. If they are to be completed i would expect them to be finalised in the next few days. I do not wish to name the players as other clubs may submit offers last minute but i can say one is a loan from a Premier League club and the other is a free transfer. Thank you.'

Thanks, i think i have got the signing of the year already and not played a game !

Sheffield Wednesday announce link with Chelsea

200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png

Sheffield Wednesday chairman Milan Mandaric has today confirmed that Sheffield Wednesday and Chelsea have now linked up. Chelsea will now be able to send players on loan to Sheffield Wednesday to gain first team experience. This is what Mandaric had to say;

' I am pleased to announce that we have linked up with one of the best teams in the world. Myself and Joseph have been working very hard behind the scenes to bring the correct players into the club to help us return to the Premier League one day. I have total faith in Joseph and we have already signed some great footballing players. I wish him all of the best in the future and the same to Chelsea Football Club'

Transfers In

Kobi Shemesh - Free
James Beattie - Free
Alex Stokinger - Free
Ahmed Soukouna - Free
Yves Ma Kalambay - Free
Mihael Kovacevic - Free
Francis Jeffers - Trail

Transfers Out

Clinton Morrison - Brighton - 60k
Jermaine Johnson - Middlesbrough - 190k

Pre season results

Stocksbridge Park Steels 0-4 Sheffield Wednesday
(O'Grady x2, Madine, Sedgwick)

Aberdeen 2-4 Sheffield Wednesday
(Fallon, Vernon - Soukouna x2, O'Grady, Lines)

Sheffield Wednesday 2-2 Ipswich
(Soukouna, O'Grady - Jones O.G, Murphy)

Blackpool 1-3 Sheffield Wednesday
(Taylor-Fletcher - Llera O.G, Beattie, Prutton)

Coleraine 0-4 Sheffield Wednesday
(Jeffers x2, Prutton, Anderson O.G)

Southern had this to say about transfers and pre season in his new job....

' I am very pleased with our pre season, we have had some magnificent results and i am glad to have managed to bring in some great footballers and goalscorers. We are working on two possible signings but they are looking unlikely as there is interest from other teams that have submitted offers. If they are to be completed i would expect them to be finalised in the next few days. I do not wish to name the players as other clubs may submit offers last minute but i can say one is a loan from a Premier League club and the other is a free transfer. Thank you.'

Hoping to know who they are in short time mate ;)

bbc+sport+long.gif

Sheffield Wednesday snap up double signing

daniel-sturridge.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday have today snapped up two well known players. The first signing was Marco Materazzi who joined on a free transfer on a 1-year deal worth 3k p/w. The second signing was Chelsea's young prospect Daniel Sturridge who joined on a season long loan. Sturridge said this about his move.

' Sheffield Wednesday are a big club with great players. I feel they should be a Championship team at least and when Villas Boas told me that i could leave on loan and then we joined links with Sheffield i though why not? I am here to do my best, score goals and try and gain promotion. Also the Sheffield manager persuaded me to join with the big name signing of Materazzi so yeah, that's all'

Will update shortly. Are people still following though ?

Sturridge? WTF! He's scored 17 in 14 starts in the prem for me. He should hit 100+ in league 1 :)
Following btw

Last edited:
Sturridge? WTF! He's scored 17 in 14 starts in the prem for me. He should hit 100+ in league 1 :)
Following btw

Thanks, surprisingly he hasn't scored too many yet :S How do you play him ? and as i have a few exams coming up shortly if/when i update they will not be in depth as much as i would of liked. Sorry.

Poacher with Seim De Jong as a creative DLF setting him up. He just cant stop scoring for me. Ba got injured for a few months so i loaned him, threw him in the team and he bagged a hat-trick first game. Hasn't looked back. So i dont have much advice sorry.
Thats ok exams are more important (slighty) that FM :)

great story so far defintely going to keep following :D

how the **** did you get Sturridge? I had Chelsea as my parent club with Leicester in the first season and praised him etc but he just wouldn't join a club outside the Prem. :/