mattfm3

Reaction score
The South American Journey

Now as many of you will notice, this is my first post on FM base. So for starters, hi!

In all my time playing Football Manager (since 09) I've never really managed out of Europe, or even successfully out of England. Time for a change.

The plan for this save is to conquer CONMEBOL, which is basically the South American equivalent to UEFA. Along the way I will be learning the way of South American football, all the rules and everything else to go along with it.

I will be providing updates at the start and end of every season, and if I have something important, mid-season.

Where to start?

After a quick scan through the leagues I have decided to start in Ecuador, not the start you may have been expecting but I think the league system looks very interesting and something I'd like to have a go at.

180px-El_nacional_quito.png

Club Deportivo El Nacional

This is where I've chosen to start. Why? In the history of the Serie A (Ecuador's First Division) they have been one of the most successful sides, however, they haven't won a title since 05/06 so I've decided to attempt to restore former glory to the club from Quito.

The League System

-12 teams
-February to December
-First and second stages follow the double round robin format (I'll explain better once I understand more)

Copa Libertadores (South American Champions League)

-
1st and 2nd from the Serie A qualify for the 2nd round
-3rd qualifies for the 1st round
-Club Deportivo El Nacional have never got past the semi's!

Next Update: Basic intro to the club and my custom club kits!