The Southampton Way

Reaction score
As a saints fan I am massively impressed with how we have performed this season . Especially with all the outgoings I'm the summer, I was sure we'd be battling relegation like times of old. So I guess the point of this thread is to get your opinions of our season. I think koemans transfers have been phenomenal bar Shane long, don't get me wrong he's a alright player, always gives it his all and battles for every ball but 12m! I mean come on he's just a quicker Brett omerod. I have also been amazed by elia, he has shown he wants to do right by his previous wrongs and his first goal celebration on Saturday showed that. I think he is going to have a great period here

Last edited:
Midfield of Wanyama and schneiderlin is great combination, never gives any time for opposition. Opposition teams play open games vs Southampton so their limited passing is not a big issue but when teams treat them as big ones and drop deep then Southampton might struggle to break down. But for now they look very solid unit.

Great midfield combination defensively, Tadic and Pelle adds strenght and finess in the final third. Elia and Mane adds pace. On top of that they have James who is excellent prospect and very good full backs.

I've actually been really impressed with wanyamas passing this season, last season he couldn't seem to make a pass longer then 15 yards. How somebody else hadn't snapped up pelle with his scoring record over the last 3 seasons is surprising. I thought mane was woeful when he first moves but since playing more centrally before ACON he seems a different player, hope he can keep it up when he comes back. Everyone also overlooks Steven Davies. He is such a great player