The sportsdirect.com @ St James' Park Stadium, Ha!

SunderlandDanny1973

Just One Forum Please
Reaction score
This is the new name of Newcastles stadium. Mike Ashley has said it will help out his own buisness as well as earning money for the club.

As a Sunderland fan this is one of the most hilarious things I have ever seen happen to the Skunks. They have became a even bigger laughing stock than before, its marvellous :). It makes it all the sweeter as they have ridiculed us for so long but at least us Sunderland fans have never been embarrased this badly.

Oh and one more thing I have been told to read this on behalf of Mr Quinn and Mr Short:

"AGENT ASHLEY, COME IN AGENT ASHLEY, THIS IS THE STADIUM OF LIGHT, MISSION COMPLETE RETURN TO BASE, WELL DONE AGENT! "

baha oh no, thats taking a piece of history right away from newcastle. well ish, they are trying to keep the "st james park" bit in, but oh my god at the sports direct @.

Must be the most awful stadium name ever, unfortunaly for Newcastle ;)

What a joker this man is. I have had enough of him. Ashley Out!

What can be said other than ashley is money grabbing scum he should of sold up months ago and got some stability in but now alas it is too late and im gonna enjoy watching the toon suffer hardship for a long time it seems

Thought you might say that. ;)

You won't be laughing when you are skint and they are raking in the money (A)

The guy is paying himself for naming rights because nobody else wants it and he's such a cheapskate all he cares about is his own business! I feel sorry for Newcastle, but let's be honest, this is soo funny!

And to all the people that disagreed with me when I said re-naming their stadium would be a terrible idea, you just got owned :p

Why feel sorry for them they deserve it! :p Obviously I am biased and since I heard I have not stopped smiling can't wait til the first game there under the new name

Exactly Kris... exactly...

I feel its a good idea. Lets face it, no-one is actually going to call it this, so its just some easy money, when people are going to still call it St James'.

I feel its a good idea. Lets face it, no-one is actually going to call it this, so its just some easy money, when people are going to still call it St James'.

Yes fans won't but commentators and presenters and newspapers HAVE to call it sportsdirect.com st. james or whatever because that's it's name now.. Plus it's not easy money, you don't make much money from stadium name rights if your a championship.. Plus the fact that Mike Ashley negotiated the deal with himself is a bit dodgy lol.. I bet he's just doing it for free and keeping the profits.

He owns sport direct so he is paying himself for the naming rights very stupid, but of course funny :)

First that terrible yellow kit, now this. I do feel for Newcastle fans.