The start of a new era; from the Serie C1/a to the Champions League!

Frank

Hobbs
Reaction score
**Hello all. My first go at a story on here this year. Got a bit of time on my hands, and what with the new patch coming out, I wanted to delve into a bit of LLM, so why not share it with you guys? :)

*** This story has been inspired mainly by Jake's 'La Cultu' story, on which he took a team in lower league europe into the top tier of that league. (although he's slacking this year ;)) (check his thread out here)

Anyway, this won't be many 'fancy articles' (not ruling a few out ;)) or in-depth 'gripping dramatic backstories', it will simply be me explaining various signings, and updating you on my game as I progress, but hopefully in a detailed manner.

####

Club Overview

AC_Monza_Brianza_1912_Logo.png

Although being formed in 1912, A.C Monza Brianza have never reached the promise land of the Serie A. Having come within a game in the 1970 season, they haven't seriously challenged since.

They lurk in the Serie C1/A, and are amongst the top half of teams in the division. It's a division with not many big teams to write home about, so I'm confident I can deliver at least playoffs in the first season.

The club is situated in Monza, and about 15 miles from neighbouring Milan. Monza is of course famous for the F1 circuit at which hosts the Italian Grand Prix, although the football team play at a modest 18000 capacity stadium called the Stadio Brianteo, at which the likes of Elton John and Michael Jackson have performed at. The club itself has many famous fans; including Mark Webber and Flavio Briatore.

Playing Staff

monza.jpg

Overall, the squad looks very solid. Many of the players are about the same level, and with a few additions, could easily challenge for the higher places among the division. Here is a quick overview of my key players, upon my arrival:

Goalkeepers:

Sander Westerveld, a common name to most english football fans, after spells at Liverpool and Portsmouth. Despite being 35, he is key to my playoff aims, and is clearly my standout keeper.
MY71U.png

Defence:

Defence looks relativley sound. Solid, young and exciting Wingbacks, one of which is loaned from Inter, accompany two very accomplished centre backs for this level; the better of which being Dennis Esposito (co-owned by Monza and Inter). He looks a cracking player, whom I wouldn't think Inter have a care about signing, so I would hope to pick him up at the end of the co-ownership.
J8c0T.png

Midfield:
Despite being the area of the pitch containing perhaps my best player (Alessandro Gambedori), the midfield could do with some strengthening. Note also the Seedorf Cousins, Chedric of whom is Clarences Brother!

yj4Cb.png

uYLqq.png

Attack:

Onto perhaps the most important area of a LLM team; the attack. Where goals need to be scored, and scored, and scored. Monza's attack doesn't look full of depth or amazing talent. Despite this, Simone Masini is still a decent player at this level. A definate area for improvement.
w9pDc.png

More to come soon, with pre-season update, along with transfers!

Frank xx

Last edited:
Awesome start, Frank.

Looking forward to it.

cheers pal. once i get the pre season out of the way, i think i'll do bi-yearly updates, as i tend to get through games quickly :)

Very nice challenge if you stick with it then I wish you luck and you have a follower in me.

Looks good Frank, nice opening

Lovely start Frank. Will follow this most definitely :)

Pre-Season Update

100px-AC_Monza_Brianza_1912_Logo.png

Transfers
KlCoc.png

As you can see, I was very busy in the transfer window. Despite stating that the squad was 'solid', I thought it was only this. All of the players were of similar ability, and I felt this dramatic turnover of players could work very well. At first, I felt there wasn't many improvements to be had, but as deals happened, and players came available; sparks began to fly, and quality began to come into A.C Monza.

Gael Nlundulu is a player whom I believe will have a bright future, and has many good attributes that should be able to be developed over time. Many good centre backs came in, but the best was definatley Michelangelo Albertazzi, from A.C Milan, who was actually sent to me. He will add depth to the squad, and is a key player.

Another name that many of you will know is Daniel Alibec; whom I acquired on loan from Inter. He is a wonderkid, and hopefully I can get the best out of him this season, and perhaps even loan him next season. Haris Seferovic is definatley the striker whom I believe has the most potential among my loanees. He has great finishing and heading, coupled with good physical attributes.

My last signing of the window, was that of Pablo Richetti, who had a successful career in La Liga, and has very well rounded stats; coupled with great experience. He is someone whom should lead the team, and guide the younger members of the squad.

Season Aims
Pavia_Mz_Gambadori_news.jpg

Hopefully, with the good signings I have made, and a solid formation, playoffs should be reachable. Of course the players are going to need time to settle in, and gel together, but once this bedding in stage is done; I see no reason why I can't exceed playoffs, and win the league.

Ambitious yes, but let's see.

I would follow but you picked the wrong LLM team that wears red.
You promised :'(

lol brian, but your irish league sucks. ;)

starting to progress with the game, just really slowly as I've had a lot of coursework and things recently. The thread will update when I see fit and that might not be for a while. :(

Good luck with the challenge mate. Hopefully you stick with the story; I have seen stories been left after only a few months (game time) :S
Please have a look at my story when you got time :)