"In your Steam library, right click Football Manager 2012. Select properties and go to 'Local Files' tab. Click the 'VERIFY INTERGRITY OF GAME CACHE...' button and wait for Steam to find problems with your game. It will redownload a bunch of files and you should be good to go".

This solves most problems.

Thanks m8, that seemed to work although now its saying,

Could not connect to steam network
There may be a problem with your internet connection or the steam network.

cant be my internet. Any ideas and thanks for the quick reply Lee

Do you have an anti-virus/firewall program - Either add Steam as an exception or disable the AV/Firewall and give it a try.

Do you have an anti-virus/firewall program - Either add Steam as an exception or disable the AV/Firewall and give it a try.

Tried both of these and its still saying it cannot connect to steam network.

@OzTiger...i cant even get into steam so i cant do the verifying game cache file thing

Hi people not sure if this is right thread or not but I downloaded FM editor off Steam. The game (FM2012) Runs perfectly well however every time I try to load up FM Editor is crashes and I get the error "Editor 2012 Has stopped working" Is it a problem with my computer I have uninstalled and re-installed 3 times now and just getting no luck at all.

Just enter this as a help question on the Steam Support Website but does anyone have any ideas of whats going wrong.

I had a problem with Steam following an unexpected shutdown and followed these instructions to be able to reboot steam

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3093-MKUJ-5773

I know have access to Steam again but all my games have disappeared from the Steam Library and I am unable to play them

As part of the reboot process i had to change my email address but kept the same password so i dont know if this is the problem.

I had registered as games Football Manager 2012 and Empire Total War. I have the CDs and verification code for Empire Total War but I bought Football Manager 2012 through Steam.

Any help would be aprreciated

Hi,

I get this message when I try to load up my game through Steam.

DXSETUP

C:\Windows\system\xactengine2_0.dll is either not designed to on windows or it contains an error.

I have not encountered this before and before this had no problem in playing FM on my computer.

Can anyone help? Would be much appreciated

Hi there. Or at least I think I have a problem with the update of the game. The starting box shows me that the game is version 12.2.0 and I read here that the latest update is 12.2.2. Is it likely that Steam has not updated automatically, and if so, how to do it manually? thank you

Nope, 12.2.2 isn't a database, its a patch.

12.2.0 is the latest selectable database when starting a new game.

I'm sorry if a stupid question or FAQ or something else, but..

I'm not very good with the updates and stuff, so how to I get my version updated to 12.2.0 ?
Never used Steam or stuff like that before:$

Regards,
Povikas

I'm sorry if a stupid question or FAQ or something else, but..

I'm not very good with the updates and stuff, so how to I get my version updated to 12.2.0 ?
Never used Steam or stuff like that before:$

Regards,
Povikas

Steam automatically updates the game for you

Right. I have tried all the fixes posted on various forums and on Google in general. My game just will not launch today. Installed steam on a new computer 64bit windows 7 high specs. All drivers installed and updated after the build.

I click the FM desktop icon it says launching nothing happens it manually start it from Steam same happens. I verify the game i start FM it updates then nothing happens. All other fixes mentioned i click it it starts to launch then nothing happens. Firewalls have been edited to allow FM and Steam at all times,

Not got a clue how to fix this, I'm hoping it's steam updating FM for summer transfers and I've just been unlucky to have been trying to launch and play the game tonight. ANy other idea's how to fix this i can play over games of Steam like Rome Total War and high spec games like The Witcher 2 so it's not drivers or my Graphics card. Kinda at a loss here guys.

Hi

Ive just bought FM 2012, trying to install the game but so far unsuccessful due to steam not being allowed on my network. Im based in Afghanistan and our network has certain things banned and it seems Steam is one of them.

Is it possible to install the game without Steam, ie like the options FM2011 gave you, if have the Disk then Steam is not required.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi

Ive just bought FM 2012, trying to install the game but so far unsuccessful due to steam not being allowed on my network. Im based in Afghanistan and our network has certain things banned and it seems Steam is one of them.

Is it possible to install the game without Steam, ie like the options FM2011 gave you, if have the Disk then Steam is not required.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

No, I'm afraid Steam is a requirement for FM12. I'm assuming you're serving there? This has been brought up as an issue for servicemen and servicewomen,not sure if there is any news on it though. You should get on to the SI forums, and get intouch with some of the SI staff, they will be better placed to give you an answer.

You have to activate it via steam, although you don't need to use steam via the internet while playing.

No, I'm afraid Steam is a requirement for FM12. I'm assuming you're serving there? This has been brought up as an issue for servicemen and servicewomen,not sure if there is any news on it though. You should get on to the SI forums, and get intouch with some of the SI staff, they will be better placed to give you an answer.

Yeah Im serving here but not with the Army anymore (if you get my meaning) will have to speak to the IT guys see if they can make an exception.

Thanks for yr help anyways guys.

SLMF