DarklinkCL

Reaction score
There are eight roles for the striker, but in 99% of the cases the only ones worth using are False 9, Complete Forward and Deep-Lying Forward. Have a look on the downloadable tactics in the forum, and you'll see that I'm right.

Has SI created a game with many useless roles?

It's a bit pointless to base your opinion on download tactics only. If you look around, you'll see plenty of people using (and doing well) with Poachers, Advanced Forwards, Defensive Forwards etc.

My current tactic uses an AF and is doing pretty well. I've used a poacher in the past with success too, as well as trequartista, and the roles you mention too. It depends on the rest of the tactic

Good, I'm relieved :)

It's a shame that all the forum's tactic creators don't have your same opinion, as I suck at creating them myself and I'm therefore pretty much forced to stick to those three roles.

I have a 442 target man and advanced forward, and a 4231 with poacher both going fine. Check other forums most makers stick to what they know and if they are all learning off each other on one site... Plenty use defensive forward this year trying to be Leicester

I have now convinced myself to tweak one of the tactic that I was using (with success) to better fit Chicharito. He's now playing much better as an AF and the team can't stop winning :D