DidierDrogba

Reaction score
The one and only

After tough injury at age of 34 Didier Drogba decided to retire as a player and decided to become a manager.

After qualifying for Continental License he got an interview with his old friend Phillipe Jan who gave him an offer to
take over club in which he started his youth career - Stade Lavallois.

With not much thinking involved Didier accepted offer and flew to France to see the squad he is going to try to bring back to Ligue 1.

View attachment 466190View attachment 466191

View attachment 466194View attachment 466193View attachment 466192

Squad is very average, but thing that suprised me most is that they didnt win single trophy in 110 years of their existence.

Basically challenge is very simple. I have to win all trophies that Didier Drogba did
And to manage all teams in which He played in his career.
Optional challenge (or additional) is to win and all rest trophies.
Thank you Gawinwwe an idea.

Trophies to win are :
Stade Lavallois 1996/1997: none
Le Mans 1997/2002 : Ligue 2
Guingamp 2002/2003: none
Marseille 2003/2004: none
Chelsea 2004/2012 : 3 English Premier Leagues, 4 FA Cups, 2 League Cups, 2 Community Shields, UEFA Champions League
Shenhua 2012/2013: none
Galatasaray
2013 - : Turkish Premier League, Turkish Super Cup

Stade Lavallois
2012/2013: Ligue 2, Manager of the Year
Le Mans 2013 -:

Last edited:
Great idea! You should try with this Crouch/Ibrahimovic!!

Transfers:

Without transfer budget and with minimum wage budget , this are the players we brought in to fight against odds and bring Laval back to Ligue 1 after more then 20 years.

View attachment 466121View attachment 466120

View attachment 466118

As you can see Didier last day of transfer market decided to briing in an ex-teammate

View attachment 466117

3rd round Coupe de la Ligue loss from Nancy sting a little , but at least we fought like a lion

View attachment 466119

After first 3 months Laval is standing much better then it was predicted and Didier Drogba is starting like a mental giant he is (Had to use that reference - exactly now listening to that song :) )

For Ibrahimovic, don't you need to go to like 42 different clubs?

Malmo - Ajax - Juventus - Inter - Barcelona - Milan - PSG

Too strong teams for me, here i have Laval, Le Mans, Guingamp, Shenhua and i will enjoy it more, especially next 5 years in Le Mans who is currently in Ligue 3, but who knows, maybe if i finish this story before FM14 i could do some other player

Like this idea, will be following.

As an aside, Rivaldo would be an interesting player to re-inact.

Santa Cruz, Mogi Mirim, Corinthians, Barca, Milan, Cruzeiro, Toshkent, some Angolan team, Sao Paulo, Sao Caetano and I'm sure i've missed a few!

OK, after this game i will put a vote pool for next player to be
Options so far are Peter Crouch, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Rivaldo, Zinedine Zidane, Nicolas Anelka and Emile Heskey
you can offer more players in the comment section

Last edited:
End of season review

Fixtures:

View attachment 465880

WE had no chance against Bordeaux, in league we had some nice streaks (5 wins in a row) and that brought as first League title in club history

Player Stats:

View attachment 465879

If I would have to choose between these players who was best I would have to name this 5 - Miodrag Stosic, Fabrice Do Marcolino, Karim Boutadjine, Anthony Goncalves and great kid Ibrahima Tandie who showed that he was very good signing for the future.
League Table:

View attachment 465901View attachment 465900

Little unexpected but well deserved first title for newbie manager

Awards:

View attachment 465888View attachment 465887View attachment 465886View attachment 465885

As you can see the key for title was a defense and AMR which was actually first player that Didier Drogba ever bought

View attachment 465884

It is official Didier Drogba i was made only for winning titles and nothing more.

I think Anelka would be a challenge

After bringing Laval to first division, Didier Drogba thanked on opportunity and said no to new contract. Same thing happened and to manager of Le Mans who brought them to 2nd division and said no to Le Mans and took over Stade Rennes in Ligue 1.

Didier Drogba got 2 contact offers -- from Premier Divison side QPR and club in which he spent his first 5 years in professional football- Le Mans

This was the one of picture when Didier was represented as their new Manager.

View attachment 465553

FC Le Mans - Information

View attachment 465557

Squad -> Best Players

View attachment 465564

View attachment 465561View attachment 465559

View attachment 465556View attachment 465555

Transfers In

View attachment 465562

View attachment 465560View attachment 465558

Transfers Out

View attachment 465566

As You can see Didier Drogba still didnt buy any player that wasnt free transfer

6 Months - Review

Fixtures:

View attachment 465565

Lost in both cups games which we were supposed to win, all rest shows that we have runs without defeat in 5+ games and we get better and better as season goes along

League Table:

View attachment 465554

Standing on first position with more points then Laval had last season what is actually and expected with stronger team :)

Player Stats:

View attachment 465563

Many players are playing really great, only few like Modeste are making many errors, most notables are Makaridze (GK), and 2 defensive midfielders Kante and Thomas, but Ait Fana and Derodeu are performing vrey well too.

End of Season review

Transfers Out:

View attachment 465302

As you can see only thing I did was selling actually good but injury prone centre back

Fixtures:

View attachment 465310

Nice runs with 5+ victories gave us championship title 4 games before end and secured promotion 6 games before end

League Table:

View attachment 465304View attachment 465303

Little suprised by Sedan relegation, new record broken for number of points in one season

Player Stats:

View attachment 465309

Drogba like attacker (Cisse) with his 195cm was best player and is expected to lead the way if better striker wont be signed for Ligue 1. And club legend Frederic Thomas was just amazing with his 33 years on his back.

Awards:
View attachment 465308View attachment 465305View attachment 465307View attachment 465306

After winning Ligue 2 with Le Mans as a player, now he can say that he did same and as manager.