The Story of "Juan Martín Hernández"

Nomadic

Reaction score
Ok so having followed Lippo's story http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...r-stories/292799-c-j-lippo-life-football.html I have been inspired to create a story of my own that follow the same principles and if all goes to plan this BAP story will provide the background for my managerial career in FM16. I added the basic information for my player and gave him 65 CA and -10 PA, the rest has been randomly generated by FM

(I will also be continuing my http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...s/337503-san-basino-fc;-world-domination.html story, so those involved in that don't worry.)

Juan Martín Hernández

To most people I was just your run-of-the-mill teenager that had just finished taking his GCSE's, but i knew I was much more than that. I was a dreamer that had a talent capable of turning my dreams into reality, but how far could it take me?

I had struggled to fit in since moving to Northern Ireland from Colombia 5 years ago. It was a completely different culture here and learning the language had been a real struggle. To make things worse I was a big lad, standing at over 6 foot and weighing in at over 12 stone, so was an obvious target for name calling.

Football was my escape. All my worries and problems would instantly disappear when I took to the field and was the only place where i felt that i truly fitted in. This was the career i knew i had to follow.

Fortunately I was a decent player and my school performances had caught the eye of my local club "Annagh United". They are a Semi - Professional side in the Belfast Telegraph Championship 2. They offered me a 3 year youth contract on a staggering £1 a week! I instantly signed the paperwork and couldn't wait to start training.

Looking back It probably wasn't the best idea signing a 3 year contract on just £1 a week, but i was just desperate to play football.

Was this the beginning of my dream?

View attachment 227815 View attachment 227814

Last edited:
Don't go spending all that money at once. the wages they pay footballers these days is a disgrace an entire pound a week

Hahaha, now that's walking around money! :p

Good start mate, will be following :)

N.Irish division, will be following :)

£1?...do you at least get free stuff from the club's vending machine like Roy Keane gets from Cobh? ;P

View attachment 227767

"Dad! Dad! I'm going to be a footballer!"
I exclaimed as i came bounding through the door. My Dad came running down the stairs "You What?" I handed him the contract which he quickly scanned it over "What the f@ck is this? You seriously just signed a 3 year contract for £1 a week?!" he started mumbling some rather explicit language to himself in Spanish.

"Look Dad, it's just an amateur contract and I was always going to join a football team so at least this club has some decent facilities to train at. Anyway the money isn't really important right now. I just want to play football". It wasn't exactly the best excuse, but i could see he was starting to calm down.

Despite my Dad's lack of enthusiasm, I was still overjoyed at signing my lucrative £1 a week contract.

N.Irish division, will be following :)

£1?...do you at least get free stuff from the club's vending machine like Roy Keane gets from Cobh? ;P

I hope so, otherwise it's going to take me a whole week to save up and buy something!

£1 haha, Living the dream already at such a tender age!! Will definitely be following, Keeping a keen eye to see when this pay rise comes in ;)

This is some great start ups, will be following! :p

That wage though, enough for...maybe 2 bubblegum's a week! Couldn't get any better.

View attachment 227667

Today was the day of my first training session with Annagh United and i was filled with a mix of anxiety and excitement as i strolled on down to the pitch. What would my team mates be like? What was the standard going to be like? these were some of the many questions swirling around my head.

As i arrived and began to meet the team, they were all totally unaware that i was only 16 years old! Which didn't really surprise me considering I was bigger than the majority of the squad and rocking some facial hair which closely resembled a 1980s **** star.

When we eventually got past the fact that i was just a teenager, we started to play a couple of warm up matches across half the pitch I noticed the opposition giving me a bit of space on the ball, half expecting me to produce some outrageous South American flair. However, it didn't take them long to realise that my greatest attribute was aggression as i began to throw my heft weight about the pitch.

Training had gone really well overall and to my delight i didn't feel out of my depth. In fact the manager told me at the end of the session to join the senior squad on a permanent basis.

Did this mean I would get a better? Or had he just made an incredible piece of business?

A Solid Start
(Season 1)

It was an incredible first year in my footballing career. I was staggered to find that the standard of football was barely a step up from school level and it didn't take long to establish myself as a first team regular, making a staggering 32 appearances for Annagh United over the course of the season. Then to top it off i was called up to the N Ireland U19's squad!

View attachment 227385
View attachment 227384

I finished the season as the Belfast Telegraph Championship 2 Top Goal Scorer, amassing 14 goals in 25 appearances. I was also achieved the 2nd highest average match rating throughout the season. Not a bad debut season for a 16 year old with only 10 finishing!

View attachment 227367

My performances also managed to spur the team on to promotion although it was not a massive shock considering we were predicted 3rd at the start of the season. Unfortunately that wasn't the case on the International stage as we failed to get past the 1st stage of the European U19 Championship.

View attachment 227366 View attachment 227364

Despite a very successful season, I failed to see any major improvements to my game. The only attribute I appeared to improve in was my long shots. Perhaps the standard of football hadn't been challenging enough for me this year?

View attachment 227362

So the big question now was where would i be playing my football next season? As rumours begun to circulate that a number of clubs were interested in acquiring my services for next season

View attachment 227361

Last edited:
Great first year, plenty of interest in your services. Perhaps a pay rise is on the horizon :p

Great first year, plenty of interest in your services. Perhaps a pay rise is on the horizon :p

an entire £1.50 a week I feel is fair anything else and you could have footballers on a small fortune a week

would probably have to talk to a financial adviser with all that money

As it turns out I had made quite a name for myself across Europe last season and as a result was offered various contracts from clubs across England, Spain and Scotland!

In the end i decided to go with Everton!

View attachment 227329

It was just a slight increase in salary.... £41,548 a year.

The opportunity seemed to good to turn down. I knew i was a long way from making the first team, but the facilities and coaching staff are top draw, which should definitely help my progression as a footballer.

would probably have to talk to a financial adviser with all that money

Yeah, invest it wisely and when he retires he should be able to live comfortably off his earnings. For about a week...

A week had passed since i signed for Everton and i was still celebrating with friends and family, before I would head over to Merseyside to begin the next chapter of my career.

I had just started to look for some accommodation, when my agent contacted me to see if i was up for going out on a season loan to Crewe. Having only just got my head around a move to Everton I was a bit sceptical over the proposed move and hadn't even met my new teammates yet!

But after a lengthy discussion with Steve Davis, Crewe's manager I decided to accept the loan move. The club had some brilliant facilities and I was set to be a key player in the upcoming season.

How will i cope with the standard of League One?

View attachment 227048

Crewe should be a great move for your development mate