The Story of "Juan Martín Hernández"

Growing Up
(Season 2)

The loan move to Crewe meant that I was guaranteed a decent amount of game time, which would provide an opportunity to show Everton my worth. Although despite making a considerable number appearances i struggled to perform at the same level as last year.

View attachment 226859

It was a bit of a reality check and reminded me that I still had a long way to go if i wanted to play at the top level. When you receive more red cards than goals as a striker, you know something has gone wrong!

I also suffered the first injury of my career, pulling my hamstring in training which ruled me out for a month. This is a crucial development period in my career and injuries can really hinder my progress, so am hoping this was just a one off.

View attachment 226855

Despite my struggles on the field, I managed to really make some progress off of it. The facilities combined with a lot of game time has meant that I have seen significant improvements in a number of areas. Hopefully next year i can showcase this on the pitch.

Despite playing for Northern Ireland U19's last season, I chose to represent my homeland of Colombia at U20 level. These were my best performances, as i went on to score 4 goals in 3 games. I am still unsure on which Nation i will choose to represent at International level.... If i get offered of course.

View attachment 226854

Still Finding My Feet
(Season 3)

Yet again I didn't find myself in Everton's first team plans and was loaned to 2 clubs over the season.

My first spell was back in my homeland with Atletico Nacional. This was a good opportunity for me to back and see some of my relatives, who i hadn't seen since the move to Northern Ireland. It may also raise my profile within Colombia, in a bid to make the National side.

View attachment 225343

View attachment 225346

I joined during the second half of there season and managed to help the team in winning the "Colombian First Division Second Phase". This was the first silverware of my career and was an extremely proud moment for me.

View attachment 225344

View attachment 225345

My second loan spell was with Oxford, back in League One. Fortunately i managed to perform better in the league than i did with Crewe last season, but my goalscoring record still wasn't good enough, with only 3 goals in 17 appearances.

View attachment 225341

Unfortunately Oxford were also relegated from League One! It was a very different feeling to the one i had a few months ago with
Atletico Nacional.

View attachment 225340

My development over the season had been pretty good, and playing regular first team football had been a big help.

Unfortunately I picked up a few more injuries over the season, which put me on the sidelines for the best part of 10 weeks.

View attachment 225338

I find it very interesting that he has an Aggression rating of 17 but a Bravery rating of just 1. So what gives? :p

I find it very interesting that he has an Aggression rating of 17 but a Bravery rating of just 1. So what gives? :p

Looks like I do something cynical and then run away like a little girl! Despite being one of the biggest players on the pitch, standing at over 6ft and weighing close to 13 stone!

Its either that or i have a case of undiagnosed tourrette's and so all my cursing is being mistaken for some pent up aggression, even though i am just a BFG! haha

Great story so far mate, hope you break into Evertons first team soon

Great story so far mate, hope you break into Evertons first team soon

Thanks man. Unfortunately, I have had to reduce the level of detail, as I don't have as much time to play at the moment and really want to get the playing career over for the start of fm 16

So despite never actually playing a game for Everton or even meeting my teammates, I decided to sign a new 3 year contract with the club. They are a big club and by offering me a new contract I have been reassured that they can see a future for me here.

View attachment 225308

So how would i celebrate my new deal with Everton?

By going out on yet another loan obviously!

This time it was to Portuguese side Gil Vicente. This meant that I would be playing in my 4 different Nation in as many years. Hopefully this can be my big breakthrough year.

View attachment 225304

New Position
(Season 4)

My latest loan spell with Gil Vicente, marked the beginning of a new position for me, as i played the majority of my football as a central midfielder.

This positional change didn't really help improve my goalscoring record, scoring only 3 goals in 30(10) performances.

View attachment 224467

This season had also cast some doubt over my best position, would i go back to playing as a striker next season? or continue my development as a central midfielder?

I am starting to become a versatile player down the centre of the pitch, but cant help but feel this is actually hindering my development in the long run

View attachment 224453

Looking very promising mate, Hopefully next season can be a big season for you!

Nearly There
(Season 5 + Half of 6)

I was filled with renewed hope at the start of the season as i signed another 3 year contract with Everton for 9k a week.

View attachment 223396

For once i also found myself not going out on loan!
Well not straight away anyway...

I managed to make my senior debut for Everton against Blackburn in the Capital One Cup but failed to make an impression.

View attachment 223393

So after just 2 cup games, I was again sent out on loan come January.

View attachment 223392

Although i wasn't lighting up the stadium, I did have greater success in finding the back of the net, scoring 11 goals in 29(7) appearances.
Still not a great return for a striker but is an improvement on last season.

View attachment 223391

The season was however, cut short for me as I broke my toe, which ruled me out for 2 months.

View attachment 223390

I returned back to Everton in January 2020 for the final half of the season.

Would i get another shot in the first team or would i be heading out on loan again for the remainder of the season?

View attachment 223389

So apparently my 2 Capital One Cup starts last season didn't count and instead I made my Everton debut in the FA Cup this season against Doncaster this season.

Can't say i am too disappointed though, as my(second) debut certainly made an impression on the manager!

View attachment 223253