gregprude

Reaction score
Chapter 1:

Hi, my name is Miguel Ramos. I was born in Barcelona, Spain on December 8, 1999. This is my journey from poor kid in Barcelona to one of the greatest footballers in Spanish history. Let's get started..

View attachment 161606
My father always told me I was made to play football. He said when I was a baby, he would always hand me a ball to see what I would do with it and I would always throw it on the ground and kit it around. A few years later at the age of 5, he introduced me to competitive football. Up until that point, I would always play with him in the house. If you could really call it a house. It was more like a room... But anyway, I remember like it was yesterday. He took me outside to this huge dirt pitch and told me to jump into the already started match. I loved it. I loved the wind blowing in my hair as I flew down the pitch, I loved dancing around defenders, but most importantly I loved scoring goals. I played everyday until that day..

View attachment 161604

Every time my friends and I played on the dirt pitch, a group of men wearing blue jumpsuits would watch us. Every time I did a fancy move my father taught me, the men would write something down on their clipboards. I didn't think anything of them until that day. I came home that day exhausted from a long day of football. All I wanted was to sit in my chair and cool off. But there was one problem, a short man in one of those blue jumpsuits was sitting in my seat. I looked over at my parents and saw a huge smile on each of their faces. They told me "Come sit down Miguel, we have some great news." My mother went on to say "You are a very talented young kid and this man noticed that abou..." The short man cuts her off "Hi young man, I am Diego Santos Junior. I am the chief youth scout at F.C. Barcelona. We have been watching you play out there for the past few months and really like what we've seen out of you. We want you to come join us at Barcelona and play for us. One day you will be like Spanish legends Xavi and Iniesta. What do you have to say about that?" My dreams had finally come true, I could play football for a living. I didn't care about making money or leaving my family. I just wanted to play football.

Last edited:
Chapter 2: La Masia

View attachment 1041415

LA MASIA

View attachment 161066
My first day at La Masia was August 17, 2007. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was put in the U8's squad. Every season, they introduce the new La Masia signings on Match Day 1 at Camp Nou. This year was no different. It was a magical moment. The crowd screamed and cheered for each player. One of the other U8's introduced was Sergio Torres, my best friend and teammate, but we will talk about him later.

View attachment 161063
My first match with the Under 8's was against Real Sociedad. They handed me the Number 10 kit. When I put that kit on, I knew I could be someone special. The weeks of training were already paying off. We maintained possession through the entire match. In the 16th minute, I got my first shot on target. The keeper blocked it, but it came right back to my feet. Of course, I put it in the back of the net. I even set up a teammate for a goal in the 67th minute. My first season at La Masia was a successful one. My parents and siblings managed to get to everyone of my matches. They stayed and chatted with me after every match as well. I missed them very much. But I knew that it would help all of us in the long run.​

Chapter 3: Fast Forward

View attachment 1041422

Fast Forward

View attachment 161061
It has been a while since we have last spoken. 9 years, to be exact. I am 16 years old now and I am about to make my debut for Barcelona B against Valladolid in Liga Adelante. I am still wearing the number 10 kit. But there is some one in the Barcelona first team with that same kit. You might have heard of him. He is going to be tough to overtake. But that is a story for another time. It was an ugly, rainy match. Sadly my play matched the weather. I ended the match with multiple missed chances and no shots on target. I was a nervous wreck, but I couldn't blame my bad performance on that. I knew I had to rebound in the next match and that I did.

My next and final match with Barcelona B came against Osasuna. From the first whistle, I knew we would win this match. I created 4 chances in the first 16 minutes and Sergio Torres capitalized on one of them in the 8th minute. I even scored a goal in the 57th. Alberto Moreno also scored in the 82nd minute to seal a 3-0 victory.

I went back to my home in the city after the match. I didn't expect much but a home cooked meal from my mother. But when I walked in the door, I had a deja-vu moment of the man sitting at the table in my house 9 years ago. Looking nervous, my mother handed me the envelope....​

Chapter 4: The Contract

View attachment 1041427

F.C. Barcelona promote

wonderkids

View attachment 161057
F.C. Barcelona have announced that La Masia products, Miguel Ramos and Sergio Torres, have been promoted to the first team. Ramos and Torres have been at Barcelona since 2007. They have played a combined 17 matches for F.C. Barcelona 'B'. Many Barcelona supporters expected Torres to be promoted sometime this week due to his great performances with the B team. Ramos' promotion comes as a shock as the player has only played two matches for the B team. The first match he played was very ugly but he rebounded during the second match. We will continue to track these two players production and development in the first team.