CraigWL

Reaction score
CARLISLE UNITED MANAGER LEAVES BY MUTUAL CONSENT

Carlisle United Manager Greg Abbott has left the club after a row over lack of transfer funds for the team.

"I have always enjoyed managing Carlisle as the fans were excellent and it was where my managing career got started" Abbott said to us earlier

The news has come as a shock to a lot of fans as the majority of fans were predicting a promotion push this season.

To add to this shock story Carlisle have hired rookie manager Craig Lucock to lead the team to glory.

"I've been a United fan all my life" The newly appointed manager said to us earlier today. "Greg is a fantastic man and has done very well to get the club where it is today, i will be hoping to take the club to new hights and am very happy to be appointed."

There has been interest circulating around Carlisle left winger Matty Robson, with MK Dons suspected to be interested in a move.

We spoke to Robson yesterday before the managerial switcheroo happened

"Carlisle has been my home for a long time now, i have loved my time here. Greg has been doing excellently to get where we are now, if i leave the club it will be with regret and it will take a huge offer to even make me consider a move."

The new manager has already made several moves to bring in new players, with some of the most notable being a loan sweep for Aston Villa midfielder Jonathan Hogg and a transfer rumored to be in the region of 100K.

A pre-season friendly has been organized between the first team and the reserves.

"It will be a great chance for everyone to show what they can do, we have an amazing youth set up and some great prospects for the future" Commented Craig a few minutes ago.