The Stranglehold of La Liga -- Granada C.F.

marshall1313

Reaction score

View attachment 259202

Today, Granada C.F. made clear there intentions to the footballing world that they would "next big thing." in Spanish football. There owner Giampaolo Pozzo said they would be some big changes in the coming weeks to meet the expectation of his claims and that this was a project that he would undertake over a period of time.

I turned off the TV and laughed. I said to myself. Granada, bigger than Barcelona and Real Madrid. You must be joking. Not in my lifetime. After leaving Chelsea with AVB and my contract been terminated because of his failure to achieve Roman's ridiculous ambitions and keep Drogba, Lampard and Terry from throwing their dummies out of the pram as the saying goes. I had been jobless and on the hunt. I was one of AVB's tactical team and we had success at Porto but Chelsea was a tough one for Andre. I was dying to get back into work, after all I was about to get married and had a wedding to pay for. So I gave Andre a call.

"Andre, When are you getting back into management." I asked, hoping for a positive response. He went on to explain that he had been approached by Liverpool but the meeting didn't go as planned and they seemed to have different viewpoints on moving the club forward but that Tottenham had offered him a contract and it should be made public in the next couple of days. This excited me, we would be staying in London! I would be getting paid again and was excited about the challenge ahead. Then what Andre said next shocked me. " Markus, You have been a great part of my tactical team, your young and talented and I know that one day you will make a great manager." I responded in my usual way saying thank you and playing it down. Andre Continued " You took your coaching badges last year, i'm not bringing you with me to Tottenham." My heart sunk. I almost begged him to reconsider. He told me not to worry and that he had a master plan and I would be excited about it and that I along with my wife to be Victoria should come to his home and he would present the plan.

We arrived at Andre's and was welcomed by Joana Maria, Andre's wife. We would often spend time together as couples. We greatly enjoy there company. The women headed off to the kitchen and me and Andre sat down on the balcony. Andre was quick to tell me the news and had been excited to present his "great idea."
as he called it all day. "Come on then Andre let me in on this big secret then." I joked. Granada he said. I smiled and went on to tell him how I heard about there plans and didn't take them too seriously. Andre explained how he knew the owners and could get me an interview if I was up for moving to Spain and taking up the role. I told him I would speak to my wife, but as long as she was happy I would go for it. This could be a great chance for me, not everyone would be lucky enough to start there management career in La Liga.

Victoria seemed very happy about the news, she had always wanted a Spanish wedding and to live out there was something she was really looking forward too. Obviously this was all conditional on the job interview going well. When I arrived in the boardroom I was surprised to see Andre sat in the room with the owners and chief executives. They made things very clear. That I was there are number one candidate, and that from what Andre has told them they were confident that I was the right man to take Granada forward. After a 3 hour meeting discussing details, Vision, transfers and contracts I was ready to put pen to paper on my first job as a Manager.

View attachment 259219

Granada hire Markus Marshall on a 2 year deal

View attachment 259220

Today Sky Sports News revealed that Granada have appointed Markus Marshall, Andre Villa Boas's Head Tactician as there new head coach. This new comes as quite as a surprise as only a week ago the owner was talking about backing up his big claims with quality. This is Marshall's first job in management and if anything seems like quite a risk considering the circumstances.

Markus Marshall was unveiled to the Granada fans and media in a press conference Estadio Nuevo Los Carmenes. The Stylish young manager had this to say.

View attachment 259214

"I have learned from the best 2 managers in the world in my opinion in Jose
Mourinho and AVB and I am 100% ready and prepared to take up my role as Manager of Granada C.F. I am young and come with a exciting philosophy of attacking football, built on strong defensive foundations. I have my feet on the ground and am aware of what the players I have at this club are capable of achieving."

When asked about transfers and bank balance Mr Marshall said
"We are not the richest club in Europe, but we can become one of the most successful I am sure. I have already started my search for players that will fit my style and will do the job I feel needs to be done. The budget I have is more than sufficient to meet my exceptions for the coming season." He refused to be drawn into naming names but did assure the fans they could expect there first signing as early as next week.

When asked about the expectations and players at the squad he responded by saying
" There are players that I have at this club that I am excited to work with, I believe they are good players and good people and I am looking forward to meeting the squad, spending more time with them and letting them know how I like things to work and how we will achieve success at this club. My expectations are given to me by three sets of people, The board, the fans and the Media. The Board have set there's and that wasn't set for media purposes and will never be put in the hands of the media, The fans want us to stay in this division and want to see a competitive team and as for you guys... you tell me? what do you expect of me?"

Your owner has been speaking about the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid what do you have to say about them
" They are Fantastic football clubs, with great managers, My hero at Real and great players. What else do you want from me. I view them in the same way as everyone else does."

when asked can you beat them or ever compete Mr Marshall was clear.
Of Course, Anyone can beat anyone over 90 mins and I would like to be competitive and show what we can do once we have added a few and I stress only a few players to the squad. Long term, I want to see this team in Europe, It would be a great success to play in Europe and would make many people happy. I personally am an Ambitious manager and want to be successful.

Are you looking forward to going up against Jose?
"Yes I cannot wait for the Madrid game when do we play them again? Is it January? Jose is a legend, the best manager ever. To go up against him is going to be a true pleasure, an Honour. Can I beat him. Sure. Why not?

It looks like its going to be an interesting time at Granada over the summer.

View attachment 259216
@JoseMourinho Well done Markus, first job in management. Told you, one day you would do it. Look forward to your visit to the Bernabéu

@AVB Markus, Your the man! Look forward to seeing you grow as a manager. It's an honour being your mentor!

@BrendanRodgers Wow! Didn't see that coming so quickly. Markus in management as well. Good Luck lad. You was always cut out for it and will be a great success.​

Awesome start, real neatly written and cool to read. Like the twitter thing aswell, ;)

Thanks Mate. Yeah the twitter Idea is pretty cool, seen it on a few stories. Looking forward to getting into it more. Keep reading :)

cool story and layout ! hoping to see more ! check my Tottenham story too :D

View attachment 259239

Spanish Media Marca have been informed by Granada C.F that they have made three new additions to there squad for the season.

"Yaya, Stop prating about and get in line your going to be presented to the media soon. I can't have you acting like a little boy, we want the press to see we have signed a man not a child ." Yaya quickly apologized and got into place. I sat down with my three new additions to the squad, 20 or so minutes before they was going to meet the media. I made clear to them how I expected them to carry themselves and how I expect them to be clear about the clubs expectations. The lads was young and I felt needed a little bit of encouragement and guidance.

I walked out into the sea of fans and media at the stadium with my three new signings closely behind me. We sat down and the press conference started.

"Today we are delighted to welcome Yaya, Clement and Kara to the club. We believe these players are big steps forward in the right direction and are great additions to the squad."

The media fired away with there questions and the boys responded brilliantly. Answering every question with intelligence and in a way that made the club look great. I left the press conference ecstatic.

"Well done boys, great job, now get back with the rest of the boys for training. I won't be there I've got to go and meet the boss and discuss a few things." I was picked up and driven to the airport as the boss was in Italy dealing with Udinese. I arrived mid afternoon and we sat down in a hotel. We discussed the new signings at detail, along with other confidential details that if I was to make public would most likely be sacked and then I headed to my room for the overnight stay.

I was just about to put my head down to sleep when there was a knock at my hotel door, reluctant to move I shouted from my bed asking who it was. No response but another knock at the door followed. Slightly annoyed that I had been disturbed i jumped up, put on some clothes and answered the door. Andre's smiling face appeared as I opened the door. He told me how he had set it up with the owners that they meet me in Italy so he could tell me something that had taken place. Andre went on the tell me how when I had taken the Granada job, the owners had offered him a great deal to take over Udinese. So after taking time to consider he rejected Tottenham for a move to Italy. I congratulated him and we drank to future success. I was ready for the season. I don't know whether or not I was deluded but I had a complete confidence we could shock a few of the big La Liga teams and be very successful. Sadly that evening I received some bad news, but it only put a slight damper on what was a exciting time for us all. My assistant manager called me to inform me that they had been a terrible tackle by one of my youth players breaking Kara's leg meaning he would be sidelined until January. I was disappointed but what could I do. "The Black Beast." as they called him in Tromso will recover, he's a fighter.

Summer Additions

View attachment 259242View attachment 259243View attachment 259252

Yaya Sanogo
Striker Yaya Sanogo signed a 5 year contract from A.J. Auxerre in a deal thought to be worth in the reigns of 1.9 million. He will earn around 8.5k per week and was described by his new manager as one of the great young strikers of his generation.

Clement Grenier

Centre Midfielder Clement Grenier signed on a 1 year loan deal from french superstars Lyon. Mr Marshall expressed his delight at adding him to the club and has made clear that if a permanent deal is on the cards that he would be excited to see that take place.

Kara

Young Anchorman Kara is a solid ball winning midfielder who takes no nonsense from anyone. He has put pen to paper on a 5 year deal. Tromso received a fee of just under 1million pounds for his services. Sadly he will be sidelined for the first 6 months or so with a broken leg.