The Sun Reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that straying from topic? Just wondering...

I think, although done in apparently good nature, the idea is bad in a way that it just increases the 'scepticism' about todays premiership as they are highlighting even more the idea it is getting boring and predictable. I totally agree with what Jamie said about the media's influence... :mad:

The media do have some sort of influence yes over the game but not as much influence as other things in the game. Defensive football is becoming increasingly popular in the PM becuase the "smaller" teams are afraid of relegation and being in the red financially (sp). Other teams are playing less attacking football because it works more efficently against teams like Man Utd and Chelsea.

Lastly I think it's because the managers of the teams are becoming more aware that if they do lose 5 games on the trot that their position will be under threat. If the board and fans and ofcourse media stood behind their manager then I think we would see more attractive football.

-JB- said:
If the board and fans and ofcourse media stood behind their manager then I think we would see more attractive football.

But the media influence has such a force on fans and even the board it places pressure on the manager and clubs to do something about it. Basically if your team plays poor or loses consecutivly as you say, then boards are pressured by fans who are fueled by the media. For example. Sir Alex lost against Blackburn who are a difficult team to play against, due to their agressive and forceful style of play. The fans go home a little disappointed and then next day pick up a paper with Sir Alex has lost it etc fans rebel etc, and then their views start to sway. The media has a very effective role in sport and its not always a good thing, especially for managers and clubs.

That's why I never read anything apart from match reports or interviews with players.

If people want to believe all the rubbish in the papers etc.. then they can but they're just idiots.

Sean said:
Well I have just seen an advert for an exclusive story from Sharon Osbourne. Yay ;)

One of the best things in the Sun for a while, it's what kept me sane whilst in Turkey. Sun paper is class to read whilst you're on holiday.

There was a story on Tuesday about three lads setting a pitbull onto a cat and it killed it whilst the 6 year old owner watched. Animals. They cornered the cat in a garden and set the dog on it. Poor Nano (i think it was called that :D )

Sick as that story is, keep it on track here please boys.

In fact, this storys finished now, Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.