The Swans Take Flight: A Swansea City Story

youngmanger

Reaction score
I am starting off with newly promoted Swansea City. The board have given me a (quite generous, in my opinion) £5m transfer budget. early targets are Everton's Victor Anichebe, who is available at £2.2m. I am favourite to sign him as only other Premier League interest coming from Norwich and Sunderland. Hopefully, with a regular starting place, he can start banging in the goals reguarly.
5 minutes later- Have agreed a contract with West Brom's defender Craig Dawson, fee only 1.4million. However, things aren't looking good for Anichebe, as I can only offer him 15 grand per week. Update soonest!

Have drew 0-0 with Inverness CT. Drab match, Sinclair off injured early on, so epic fail on that front
Still won't let me print screen, and not very entertaining anyway.
Update: Signed Craig Dawson from West Brom on a four year deal, opening the way for either garry monk or alan tate to leave.

Upate: Defeated ADO Den Haag 2-1 in a pre- season frindly. They were clear favourites according to the bookies. Made even more satisfying by coming from 1-0 down and ashley williams scoring a 95th minute winner. Equalising goal scored by Josh Mc Eachran

Trying a new format:

Swansea City 3-3 Red Star Belgrade
Lita, Dyer (2)

So dissapointing. Leading 3-0 after half an hour , then the lads just went to sleep. Three goals between the 34th and 44th minute set the second half up to be ****, and it was. Really dissapointing, lax and complacent.

Neath FC 0-7 Swansea City
Dyer (2), Sinclair (2), Sigurdsson (2), Lita

Result says it all. Top performance tonight. Dominated every aspect of the game, albeit against a team I'm pretty sure no-one has ever heard of ever. Morale is up and I'm pretty sure I've found my starting eleven.

Board has just injected funds of 3.4million into the budget. New budget is 7.82 million

Crawley Town 0-3 Swansea City
Graham (2), Dyer

Good performance, not more than I expected. Graham made a great impact as a half time sub, named MOTM. Very pleased with Dyer's goalscoring.

Port Talbot 0-6 Swansea City
Sinclair (2), Dyer (2) Sigurdsson, Dawon

Top drawer from the lads. Dyer has been sensational in pre-season, scoring seven goals in 6 apps. Also got 2 assists this match. MOTM award for him aswell. New signing Dawson is looking solid aswell. Onl good things happening at the moment.

Premier Division Match 1
Sunderland 1- 5 Swansea City
Allen, Sinclair (2), Lita (2)

Outstanding performance from The Swans. A five star winning start was the best I could have hoped for. Also, Sunderland's Bridge goal was a definite ontender for goal of the season, nothing could be done about it. Minor setback, Lita out for 2 months. However signed Simon *** from West Brom for 3.2 million. Fantastic result, top of the league!

Premier Division Match 2
Swansea City 1-0 Queens Park Rangers
Sinclair

Won a hard fought battle with some aggressive and tricky players like Barton and Cisse. ANother goal from midfield is extremely pleasing, Gylfi Siggurdsson set up Sinclair with a nice through ball. I think my 4-1-2-2-1 counter attacking strategy is paying off. Six points from six, couldn't be happier.

League Cup 2nd Round
Charlton Athletic 0-2 Swansea City
Sinclair (2)

Sinclair carries his sensational form into next match with a neat double. I took this opportunity to rest a few players, leaving out Joe Allen, Sigurdsson, Danny Graham, and Vorm. Decent performance, nothing special, but did the job. Hopefully we can get a decent cup run going.

Premier Division Match 3
Manchester United 5-1 Swansea City
Sigurdsson
I expected this. United were off the back of thrashing Chelsea 6-0 so morale amongst them was high and they were just too good i'm afraid. Decent effort, terrible result.

Premier Division Match 4
Swansea City 3-0 Tottenham Hotspur
Sigurddson, Sinclair, Routledge
What a way to bounce back! We dominated from kick-off, created many chances, had a goal disallowed and two cleared off the line. Now taken 9 points from 4 matches and 2nd in the league! happy days!

FINAL TRANSFERS- IN
Dickson Etuhu- £2.2 million
Craig Dawson- £1.4 million
Simon ***- £3.2 million

OUTS
Ryan Donnely- £2.5 million
Alan Tate- loan, £500k fee, future fee £1.6 million

Premier Divsion Match Five
Stoke City 1-0 Swansea City
A last minute goal robbed us of what would have beena well-deserved point. Vorm made countless saves in goal picking up the MOTM award, Craig Dawson and Ashley Williams made goal-saving tackles reguarly and *** hit the bar. So unlucky not to have had anything rom the game. I think this is a case of "You can't win 'em all".

English League Cup 3rd Round
Bournemouth 0-1 Swansea City
Richards
Dissapointing that it took extra time, but Bournemouth knocked out Newcastle in the 2nd round so they were not to be underestimated. Youngster Ashley Richards got the winner in the 104th minute. Chelsea in the 4th round :(

Premier Division Match 6
Swansea City 1-0 Fulham
Sigurdsson
Good performance from the lads, Gylfi scored a contender for goal of the Premier Division Match Seven
Swansea City 4-1 Blackburn Rovers
Lita, Routledge, Williams, Hanley (og)
Dominant performance over an extremely lacklustre Blackburn sided. Controlled the game with 62% of possesion, still 3rd and flying high!

Still struggling with screenshots but i will try to get them up ASAP.

View attachment 250279

Sorry it is small but if you zoom in you can see it.

Premier Division Match 9
Wolves 1-0 Swansea City

Abysmal from the lads. Beaten in the last minute of stoppage time, but in honesty we deserved a thrashing. No creativity whatsoever, just punts up the field, completel different to how I like to play. Just want to put this behind us and get through the league cup match at Chelsea

English League Cup 4th Round
Chelsea 2-0 Swansea City

Another terrible performance. We just didn't turn up or even want to do well it seems. Disgusted with the players attitudes, particuarly Gylfi and Lita's

going to try a new exciting format.

Last edited:
cool get screenshots and make your story longer and more interesting not being mean but just some advice good luck

cool get screenshots and make your story longer and more interesting not being mean but just some advice good luck
pompeyforever thanks for the advice
having trouble print screening, help me out?

Last edited:
well i press alt f9 and then go on documents> sports interactive>football manager 2012>screenshots and then it should be there once your there go onto your thread and there should be a icon with like a small tree and if you hover over it,it should say insert image click that then something should pop up from there click from computer then select files after that find and double click your picture it should then appear on that box thing click upload files and then this should appear and then your done to make it bigger just double click your picture hope this helpsView attachment 250168

quite embarassing but I don't know how to continue this thread :( . May start a new one, becausr this is just becoming a drag

Glad to see someone doing a Swans thread.

I'll be keeping my eye on it, Craig Dawson is a great signing for the swans though

Thanks for sharing.

Hi, sorry everyone that follows the post, but I didn't really have any time to update the thread, just to let you know, last league position was eighth, came 2nd in manger of the Year, but had a row with the board cos they literally gave me £0 spending budget, offered a job by Chelsea, so quit too join them, I am starting a story about that, o look out for a new thread. Quite sad, really enjoyed my time with the swans, but I wanted a new challenge :(

it up on the stories board now its called " Chelsea : A new era" i've made the format much better aswell please have a look :D