The Tale of 2 Polar Opposites - Zaragoza & Blackburn

prince0102

Reaction score
Please follow me while I do the story on two polar opposite teams.

One a solid team, fantastic squad, good facilities, expected mid-table in premier league but got Relegated
Yup - Blackburn.
View attachment 247063

The other team, close to financial bankruptcy, little hope of survival, cluster f* squad but survived the drop on the last day
Yup - Zaragoza

View attachment 247064

I planned to do them together with two head coaches but the game crawls way too slow. So i will run them as different files but simultaneously. Also, this will be a mostly squad and financial management story so updates will be every winter and summer transfer season.

Last edited:
Notes from Manager Prince diary
"....Tactics (from the tactical genius Raikan)

• Raikan's Might and magic
  • Raikan's AMC
Training
  • Raver's training schedules
Financial Management
  • 1st season goal is to not spend crazy and try to survive without increasing debt.
Squad Management Philosophy
  • In order to have an efficient less-bloated squad while developing potential, its best to have 3 squads - squad first-team; squad- potential; squad-youth. All other players are expendable.
  • This allows for growing players with lower salary and selling them at a high premium when they get old.

• Its better to use a rotation system which allows for developing 11 players with potential
  • I believe most teams have a squad full of old dead-weight and cover which really just add to the salary tab. A cover squad that is actually a potential squad allows manager to have a vested interest in playing all 22 players through rotation.
  • First look at Zaragoza depth chart
  • Squad First team (Age 25-31) Squad Potential (Age 18-24) Squad Youth (Age 15-18)
    Pos
    Name
    PA
    Contract
    Name
    PA
    Contract
    Name
    PA
    Contract
    GK
    L. Franco
    3*
    Roberto
    3.5*
    DR
    L. Ponzio
    3.5*
    E. Juarez
    3.5*
    A. Roy
    0*
    4*
    DC
    P. da Silva
    3.5*
    A. Pinter
    2.5*
    DC
    F. Meira
    3.5*
    D. Mateos
    2.5*
    3*
    DL
    J. Paredes
    2.5*
    I. Obradovic
    3.5*
    4*
    CM (D)
    F. Zuculini
    3*
    4.5*
    CM (P)
    Joshua
    1*
    1.5*
    MR (A)
    P. Barrera
    3.5*
    4*
    E. Oriol
    3*
    J. Valencia
    0*
    4.5*
    ML (A)
    A. Lafita
    4*
    J. Carlos
    2.5*
    4*
    ST/AMC
    R. Micael
    3.5*
    Kevin
    2*
    4*
    J. Orti
    0*
    3*
    ST
    L. Garcia
    3.5*
    Braulio
    2.5*

Last edited:
Manager Prince has privately confided that the Zaragoza squad is absolutely a mess, its no wonder that the financials are in disarray. All the players in blue are on loan !! Most of the other players are old and on the last leg. Prince also confided that his first target is hence to get a good DC, CM, ST cheap.

A note in Prince's diary (undisclosed)
"...Eventually, only the underlined players are even worth having long term. The rest will need to be methodically replaced without breaking the transfer budget and only using real scouted players (no wonderkid list or scout programs). This is going to require some fantastic squad management skills. Hope I can reach it in less than 10 years..."

Last edited:
Summer 2011 entries from Prince's Diary

"...Transfers IN
View attachment 247090

• DC 23 Anderson Martins 4* 4.5* - When Martins soccer agent brought him to my attention and the scout's report came back a high potential player for cheap, I jumped at it. He has the pace which is sorely needed as most of the current central defenders have great heading skills but are slow as an ox.
View attachment 247091
  • CM M. Calzada 21 2* 4* - Calzada was almost a desperate buy. I needed a CM desperately and I really didnt want to spend 2M but he was the best I could get. He has 4* potential and should be a good partner for zuculini.

View attachment 247093
Unfortunately, it broke my bank and I couldn't find cheap-strikers so i decided to live by my current 4* striker Luis Garcia. Luis has great teamwork and determination. But he's no clinical finisher. frankly, he's better as a support striker.

View attachment 247089

Last edited: